How to defeat ISIL

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

How to defeat ISIL

Post by GIThruster »

I am not a warmonger, but some things are obvious to those who consider them with an open mind. This rabid, malicious enemy ravaging Iraq has to be stopped. For us to even entertain the thought, that we do not owe it to those Kurds who's land we occupied, and whom we made promises for a better life. . .for us to EVEN CONSIDER LEAVING THEM ALL TO DIE is an OUTRAGEOUS DISHONOR AND BLIGHT UPON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Don't even think we can avoid what we owe these people whom we pledge our help 11 years ago. Don't even think about it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -bing-west
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Re: How to defeat ISIL

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:I am not a warmonger, but some things are obvious to those who consider them with an open mind. This rabid, malicious enemy ravaging Iraq has to be stopped. For us to even entertain the thought, that we do not owe it to those Kurds who's land we occupied, and whom we made promises for a better life. . .for us to EVEN CONSIDER LEAVING THEM ALL TO DIE is an OUTRAGEOUS DISHONOR AND BLIGHT UPON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Don't even think we can avoid what we owe these people whom we pledge our help 11 years ago. Don't even think about it.

The plan being presented presumes that there are any adults in charge. That is the primary defect with the plan.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Diogenes wrote:The plan being presented presumes that there are any adults in charge. That is the primary defect with the plan.
There's that, and the fact OBama did not pledge to protect the Kurds, Bush did. OBama doesn't care about the nation acting as a nation and honoring its vows. He's happy to dishonor America. I can't tell you how angry this makes me. Our men and women died for this kind of honor and our President is going to make it all for nothing.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

But at least people in Colorado are finding it easier to get high. That ought to count for something, right?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

GIThruster wrote:I am not a warmonger, but some things are obvious to those who consider them with an open mind. This rabid, malicious enemy ravaging Iraq has to be stopped. For us to even entertain the thought, that we do not owe it to those Kurds who's land we occupied, and whom we made promises for a better life. . .for us to EVEN CONSIDER LEAVING THEM ALL TO DIE is an OUTRAGEOUS DISHONOR AND BLIGHT UPON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Obama has no honor. If he had any we would never have left Iraq.

We should never have gone after Assad. And I blame Republicans for that one as much as Obama - didn't any one know that he was all that stood between Christians and genocide in the area?

We have the stupidest political class we have ever had.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:But at least people in Colorado are finding it easier to get high. That ought to count for something, right?
Ending the drug war and bringing cannabis into the medical system will save between $1 trillion and $1.5 trillion a year. Not to mention the lives of all those saved from cancer.

I suppose that counts for nothing. In your book.

You want me to provide evidence or will you take my word on it? I have LOTS of evidence.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
Diogenes wrote:But at least people in Colorado are finding it easier to get high. That ought to count for something, right?
Ending the drug war and bringing cannabis into the medical system will save between $1 trillion and $1.5 trillion a year. Not to mention the lives of all those saved from cancer.

You want me to provide evidence or will you take my word on it? I have LOTS of evidence.

Simon, I don't believe your evidence. You post stuff like "Republicans in Florida torture children for fun and profit."

I feel like i'm reading the national enquirer.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

But you might find this interesting.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/state/oklahoma ... -marijuana

I've known Mary Fallin since 1992, and I worked on her first campaign as Lieutenant Governor. I don't see anything wrong with her position on this.
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Simon, I don't believe your evidence. You post stuff like "Republicans in Florida torture children for fun and profit."

I feel like i'm reading the national enquirer.
Well you probably didn't follow the links and study the evidence.

Truth is stranger than fiction. But for independent corroboration look up "Mel Sembler" and "Straight Inc." also "Mel Sembler medical marijuana Florida"

He did torture children for profit using Medicaid money. His company was sued out of business because of it.

============

I just got done talking to some pro-med pot campaigners in Florida and they have the information. I'd advise checking it out so you can help defeat the proposition. The pro-med pot campaigners will likely be using it against their opposition. Heh.

BTW Scott - the Republican candidate for governor is heavily involved with Sembler. If this gets out it will hurt his chances. Heh. Say. I guess I should call the campaign of his opposition. It would look real bad if pictures of Sembler and Scott started showing up along with the torture information.

Here is an interesting link: http://www.vice.com/read/the-shocking-a ... onents-811

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:But you might find this interesting.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/state/oklahoma ... -marijuana

I've known Mary Fallin since 1992, and I worked on her first campaign as Lieutenant Governor. I don't see anything wrong with her position on this.
Cannabidiol is no doubt very useful. It can stop seizures. Her position is an improvement on the usual Republican stance.

Cannabidiol in combination with THC cures cancer. From what I have seen in the literature mixtures of the cannabinoids work better than any single compound. You just need to breed plants that produce the desired ratios. 21st century medicine from a 5,000 year old medicinal plant.

There are researchers working to tailor plant chemistry to individual needs. DNA based.
http://kurogroves.com/21-research-paper ... s.com.html

• A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics determined that THC as well as cannabidiol dramatically reduced breast cancer cell growth. They confirmed the potency and effectiveness of these compounds.

• A study published in the British Journal of Cancer, conducted by the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in Madrid, this study determined that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth. They were responsible for the first clinical study aimed at assessing cannabinoid antitumoral action. Cannabinoid delivery was safe and was achieved with zero psychoactive effects. THC was found to decrease tumor cells in two out of the nine patients.

• A study published in The Journal of Neuroscience examined the biochemical events in both acute neuronal damage and in slowly progressive, neurodegenerative diseases. They conducted a magnetic resonance imaging study that looked at THC (the main active compound in marijuana) and found that it reduced neuronal injury in rats. The results of this study provide evidence that the cannabinoid system can serve to protect the brain against neurodegeneration.

• A study published in the journal Oncogene, by Harvard Medical Schools Experimental Medicine Department determined that THC inhibits epithelial growth factor induced lung cancer cell migration and more. They go on to state that THC should be explored as novel therapeutic molecules in controlling the growth and metastasis of certain lung cancers.
I don't understand why you object to people getting high. We tolerate alcohol and cannabis is safer than alcohol.

In any case Prohibition is on the way out. It is starting to smell very bad.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Just wait until people start connecting the dots between policing in Ferguson Mo and Drug Prohibition. I have sicced an editorial writer for the local paper on the subject. We will see if anything comes of it.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

You're suffering those delusions again, Simon. Evidence to date says no drug involvement at all.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Anyone else think MSimon isn't worth reading any more?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

GIThruster wrote:You're suffering those delusions again, Simon. Evidence to date says no drug involvement at all.
The Drug War was one of the excuses for SWAT (militarized) type policing we saw in Ferguson. Something similar happened to police during alcohol prohibition. And I hear it was similar when the British were going after smuggled goods in the American colonies in the 1700s. Too bad Republicans don't study history. I hear that 1700s thing with the British caused a revolution and was the origin of something called the IVth Amendment in what is purportedly the US Constitution.

====================

D fully documented here: http://classicalvalues.com/2014/08/repu ... or-profit/

And if you want the Congressional hearings on it you can go here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-110hh ... g41839.htm I have an excerpt from that hearing at the previous link. Prettied up to make it easier to read.

You should know me by now D. I get my evidence before I do postings. You don't even look. And the guy Sembler who started the torture for profit business? He was head of fundraising for the RNC for 3 years. And the whole thing was, on top of everything else, a Medicaid scam.

But I do understand your not looking. It would shatter your world view. You can't handle the truth.

====

Republican adherence to Prohibition is going to hurt the Republican Party for decades to come. Say? Haven't I said that before? It will be even worse than it is now when Prohibition is over and more of the evidence comes out. You guys hang on to it like it was a life line. It is an aircraft carrier anchor.

And the Democrats in Florida specifically pushed to get the med pot thing on the ballot to boost lefty turn out in an off year election. Say? Didn't I say they would be using it against you?

Thing is: it is all so predictable. At least for me. But I have the misfortune of studying history. I read how similar things have gone in the past.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass’. — Lord Melbourne —

Of course the leftys have their global warming so maybe it will all balance.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Like I said, suffering those paranoid delusions again.

The militarization of our police forces has nothing to do with prohibition. It is the result of a law passed in congress a few years ago empowering DOD to transfer vehicles and other weapons and supplies to American police forces rather than destroy them when there is an over inventory, etc. This was just a means of keeping the Military Industrial Complex well paid. It's a scam on the American people. As result, people are gaming the system and putting in for free armored trucks and weapons because this is what congress promoted. But this has nothing to do with Ferguson.

All evidence is this is one guy who was hyped up from a call, tried to get out of his car and the kids he opened his car door into slammed it back closed on him. He grabbed the closest kid and started roughing him up through the window and when the kid didn't comply, he shot him. Then the kid ran and he shot him again and again. Finally the kid stopped and put his hands in the air to surrender, and he shot him until he was dead--six shots.

This was an execution. It has nothing to do with the police in general, nor with drugs except unless the kid was tanked up and this was a mediate cause of the conflict. That possibility is very large since it does tend to make people act all crazy.