Things just get weirder and weirder, and more weird, too!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Aero

Things just get weirder and weirder, and more weird, too!

Post by Aero »

This is apparently a serious scientific paper. While fooling around testing a new technique to create superconducting crystals, the researchers report a new type of beam creation.

http://arxiv.org/vc/physics/papers/0209/0209051v1.pdf

The only problem is that they are reporting the discovery of a 3 g presser or repeller gravity beam in the laboratory.

What do you think, and do you suppose that Dr. Nebel has encountered any of these really strange anomalies in his polywell work?
Aero

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

I'd file that under FACINATING, including as Spock would use the term. Now let's see if it holds up to independent review.

drmike

Post by drmike »

It's hard to wrap my head around 2000kV plasma and superconducting emitter. I'd have to think about the electron states vs the lattice temperature, seems kinda hard to pull off.

Fascinating is definitely the correct term.
:)

kurt9

Podkletnov...

Post by kurt9 »

This is Podkletnov. Podkletnov is the guy who claimed to have demonstrated anti-gravity effects with rotating superconductors in the mid 90's. I know a technical journalist with an interest in "new" energy who went to Finland to interview Podkletnov around 2002 or so. He came back and said it still was not clear to him if what Podkletnov was real or was self-deluded.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Yeah, I remember that, I got confused by him being in Russia now. He used to be in Finland. There was a lot of buzz about this in the 90ies and even the beginning of this century. There were some follow up studies and nothing ever came out of it. Guess he is back now?
Same old, or this time for real?
Anti gravity would be awesome. Especially for anything where you have to deal with high g forces for acceleration an decelleration, like e.g. fast flying Spaceships or aircraft.
One should be very sceptical of this mans claims though...

Aero

Post by Aero »

Is that the same guy who's work was featured in popular science about 6 years ago?
Aero

Aero

Post by Aero »

Yes, I guess so. Isn't Google helpful? Just remember to use it.
Aero