Convergent Scientific Incorporated news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

crowberry

Convergent Scientific Incorporated news

Post by crowberry »

The Convergent Scientific Incorporated webpage contains information about upcoming events for potential investors and this information is not behind some password access:
http://www.convsci.com/login

Physics:
An explanation of fusion physics: magnets, plasma, fuel.
Why does more energy come out than goes in?
Why will CSI’s Polywell design work when others won’t?
How does direct electrical conversion work?

Simulations:
How the proprietary software was designed.
Why we need an array of super high speed computers to run true simulations.

Corporate talk:
Subchapter C corporation.
Current authorized/ issued stock.
Capital situation, stock and options.

Commercialization:
Other possible commercial products, like medical radiosotopes, x-ray lithography, nuclear waste burn up.
Possibilities for patents on our intellect property.
What's everybody else doing?
A comparison of CSI's design to other devices of similar size.

The Future:
Explanation of pro forma and hiring plans.
What kind of lab and people we will need to reach our phase 2 and 3 goals.

So they are trying to attract investors to be able to step up their activities. Interesting ...

mvanwink5

Re: Convergent Scientific Incorporated news

Post by mvanwink5 »

So, they are saying that EMC2's design won't work? As far as I know, WB-8 (according to the sole source memo earlier this year) works and proves scaling. October 22 is not that far away...
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

crowberry

Post by crowberry »

mvanwink5 wrote:
So, they are saying that EMC2's design won't work? As far as I know, WB-8 (according to the sole source memo earlier this year) works and proves scaling. October 22 is not that far away...
Hopefully they can get enough funding to be able to compete on equal footing with the other competitors, which would make the situation even more interesting.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

First online meeting today.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

people (that are not me cus I have classes) from this website should attend if they can and talk about it afterwards.

Just saying tho, from what I heard, emc2 is doing fine.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Thanks Rob, and that is a good idea on talking afterwards.
Best regards,
mike

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Was I the only one from this site to attend?
The meeting used Citrix and it was easy to ask questions. CSI has a working polywell run continuous rather than pulsed like EMC2. They have had their machine running since Jan 2012. Magnet strength is 0.1T, but they are only using 1kv for their drive voltage so not doing fusion. They are using their own software for computer modeling. Joel Rogers is consulting. Their polywell coils are supported off the walls so no nubs. They think that for a 225MWe polywell that the radius would be 3.5M-6M, 3.5T coils (they think the size is more likely to be closer to 3.5M radius. Their next device size planned is 33 cm radius.

I was impressed with their designs and real world polywell insights, but I think you guys will get a lot more than I did, you should attend. Just my 2 cents.

Their next presentation is Saturday Oct. 26, 2013 10:00 a.m PDT, go to http://www.convsci.com/login and click go to meeting, nice power point presentation. if you have a microphone and speakers, that would be ideal.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Thanks for attending mvan! Great to hear Joel Rogers is helping, his PW simulations were the best I've seen, and those sizes sound like they came from him as well.

A no-nub continuously-cooled design is very interesting even at that size. The fusion rate is key though, I wonder if they are having trouble driving the well or just not investigating higher power yet. I know these designs seem to be very sensitive to the geometry.

Unfortunately I am working 70-90 hours a week right now and have two very young children to take care of, but I'll see if I can sneak in on Saturday and throw around some fun phrases like "operating in the quasineutral limit" and "cold electron cusp-plugging."
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

crowberry

Post by crowberry »

mvanwink5 wrote:Was I the only one from this site to attend?
The meeting used Citrix and it was easy to ask questions. CSI has a working polywell run continuous rather than pulsed like EMC2. They have had their machine running since Jan 2012. Magnet strength is 0.1T, but they are only using 1kv for their drive voltage so not doing fusion. They are using their own software for computer modeling. Joel Rogers is consulting. Their polywell coils are supported off the walls so no nubs. They think that for a 225MWe polywell that the radius would be 3.5M-6M, 3.5T coils (they think the size is more likely to be closer to 3.5M radius. Their next device size planned is 33 cm radius.
Thanks for this interesting report! Did they say how large their present Polywell is? When are they going to start experimenting with the next 33 cm radius device?

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Their next presentation is tomorrow morning if you wanted to ask.:) If not, perhaps we can get a list of questions and Rob or someone else will ask?For the 33 cm device the critical factor is cash.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

so did anyone attend, also what happened?
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.