TELL ME NOOOW!

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

zbarlici

TELL ME NOOOW!

Post by zbarlici »

-
--
---

HOW MUCH LONG`R DO AYE GOTTA WAIIIIIT???!

Solo

Post by Solo »

nice illustration, lol. Perhaps we can find something more productive to do than pull our hairs out... I personally need all of them that I have left! lol

Average Joe

d = t^2

Post by Average Joe »

The disappointment I will feel if the news is not good increases as the square of the time I have to wait. I hope the news comes out before I turn suicidal.

Come on Dr. Nebel, just drop an sideways coded inference for us to speculate on!!!
Joe

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have heard something directly from Rick recently.

The people putting up the money will make an announcement when they are ready to make one.

I hope that helps.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

MSimon wrote:I have heard something directly from Rick recently.

The people putting up the money will make an announcement when they are ready to make one.

I hope that helps.
YHEEEAAA! 8) it sure does help... thanx simon

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

MSimon wrote:I have heard something directly from Rick recently.

I hope that helps.
...way i look at it if Rnebel & co. had BAD RESULTS we would have been informed by now, otherwise(good results) & they`re putting it off for some reason or other.. maybe they still gotta work on a pitch..? Maybe there`s a right time.. etc

If the review of WB7 turned out nothing, then what purpose would waiting to release results serve? It does not make sense that way :)

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

As my Dad used to say, 'Patience is a Vulture.'

In this case it's, 'No News is Good News.'

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

Watt I feared was that the delay of news comes from a dispute. There is good result but some one in the referee group did not understand it. Someone how did not understand IEC but think as it is a conventional plasma.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I think you have taken me the wrong way.

The people who paid for the experiment (WB-7) will announce the results in their own good time.

And I have absolutely no idea when that will be. No inside info. Not even a glimmer of a hint.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Maybe someone should hit ONR with a Freedom of Information Act request. Then that would at least put them on a timetable to release some information.

Aero

Post by Aero »

In fact we still don't know that there will ever be an announcement, do we? But it is not so much about what the announcement would be, but more about the policy of the funding group. And there is still a funding group that is still funding, that much seems clear.
That is, Dr. Nebel and EMC2 still have a contract, or a new contract.
Aero

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Aero wrote:In fact we still don't know that there will ever be an announcement, do we? But it is not so much about what the announcement would be, but more about the policy of the funding group. And there is still a funding group that is still funding, that much seems clear.
That is, Dr. Nebel and EMC2 still have a contract, or a new contract.
I think the contract expired on 22 Sept IIRC. It was posted here by Rick.

There has been no announcement of further funding.

Simon

jormungandr

Post by jormungandr »

Crazy idea, and tell me if it has been tried already. But ONR does have a "Contact us" page. Also with some digging there are a couple promising "points of contact" whose areas could be related to the BFR.

http://www.onr.navy.mil/sci_tech/33/333/default.asp (naval power systems, platform/hull forms, and ship systems and systems integration.)

and/or
http://www.onr.navy.mil/media/poc/default.asp?pocid=184 (S&T Focus Area - Power and Energy)

I doubt you'd get details but maybe they might know an exact release date, or perhaps a general one. Though I don't know if they would reply to me -- I'm not one of you damnable yanks ;)

olivier

Post by olivier »

On Sep 22, jmc wrote:if a functioning Polywell reactor is built in 5 years as Bussard said I would be astounded.
On Sep 24, rnebel wrote:If p-B11 works, 5 years isn't unrealistic. The engineering on these systems isn't all that bad. Getting away from D-T makes it a lot easier.
I would not say that if I were not optimistic. What do you think :?:

Roger

Post by Roger »

zbarlici wrote:
If the review of WB7 turned out nothing,
Dr. Nebel would have never commented about wanting to build a net power WB-100.

I think its fair to assume WB-7 was good enough to warrant further funding.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.