What might the effect be on the election?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ravingdave
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ravingdave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:46 am

rcain

Postby rcain » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 pm

[quote = Winston Churchill] The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter. [/quote]

...and that from a man who bought us through wars against both fascism and communism!

it is never ending my friends. and it is true, there are 'dark forces' in the world as well as good.

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:19 pm

JohnSmith
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JohnSmith » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Hey Simon, I'm not the guy who came up with democracy.
Hell, I think that the natural form of government really is monarchy, or at least dictatorship. (not a good form necessarily, just natural.) Personal loyalty will beat loyalty to an idea, for a generation or two at least.

And I suppose you're right dave, the Conservative party up here in Canada isn't super conservative. But how's this for political philosophies; most of us have figured out that it doesn't matter who you put in charge, they're not going to do any good. The only thing left is to try and punish the worst idiots as best we can.

ravingdave

Postby ravingdave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:54 pm

classicpenny

Postby classicpenny » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:11 pm

ravingdave

Postby ravingdave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Return to “General”