Just noticed...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Just noticed...

Post by Skipjack »

...that this board got very quiet during the (future) vice presidential debate...
So who on this board was watching it? I am not asking for your political opinion here. I am just curious who was watching, since me as an Austrian (though married to a wonderful woman from the US) was actually staying up to watch it.

Aero

Post by Aero »

Probably almost everyone. The elections are important to us. I tuned in for awhile to watch. And you're right, there were almost no people on this forum.
This forum has gotten very quiet the past few weeks, since it has become obvious that there isn't going to be any news. We are like a fan club whose star has quit singing. Or a football fan whose team doesn't play home games. We will root for awhile but the fan club members have already started drifting off to topics where there is more interest shown by the stars.
Aero

drmike

Post by drmike »

I didn't watch it, but my kids did. They were quite amused especially since they are taking world history in high school now. They came down and excitedly told me that Palin was a communist because she wants everyone to "work for the greater good". I'm really glad I didn't watch it!

Maui

Post by Maui »

Aero wrote:Or a football fan whose team doesn't play home games
... speaking of football-- Go Hawks? Now if we could only win one...

I know the OP wasn't asking for political opinions, but I'll say that as a lefty, I thought Palin did quite well. I wasn't expecting the collapse that some were, but I she beat my expectations for sure. That said, Biden did well too and I'll be surprised if the debate does much to save McCain especially considering the circumstances.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

drmike wrote:I didn't watch it, but my kids did. They were quite amused especially since they are taking world history in high school now. They came down and excitedly told me that Palin was a communist because she wants everyone to "work for the greater good". I'm really glad I didn't watch it!
And no doubt Biden is a capitalist since he is in it just for himself.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Maui wrote:
Aero wrote:Or a football fan whose team doesn't play home games
... speaking of football-- Go Hawks? Now if we could only win one...

I know the OP wasn't asking for political opinions, but I'll say that as a lefty, I thought Palin did quite well. I wasn't expecting the collapse that some were, but I she beat my expectations for sure. That said, Biden did well too and I'll be surprised if the debate does much to save McCain especially considering the circumstances.
There seems to be a well oiled vote fraud machine in Ohio. As to which side it is working for? Look it up.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

drmike

Post by drmike »

MSimon wrote:
And no doubt Biden is a capitalist since he is in it just for himself.
:D

Maui

Post by Maui »

MSimon wrote:There seems to be a well oiled vote fraud machine in Ohio. As to which side it is working for? Look it up.
Sheesh-- I was offering your side a compliment, and this is what I get? Barely even related. Voter fraud goes both ways... and anyway I doubt very much that a single state will tip the election this year.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

There is only one pub in graz that I know that was named after an american politician.
It is called Obama!
Does not really matter much, but is to funny to not mention.
I dont think anyone would call his pub G.W. Bush, or even Clinton here. In case of calling it Bush, it might get him more trouble than clients. He is the least popular american (not just president) ever from what I get.
Clinton was not to popular here either, in case you wonder. Everyone knew about his affairs, no matter how often he denied them and people did not really like his "dont look at me, look over there!" way of doing politics. His failure to keep the middle east peace process going cost him even more sympathies here.
I think the most popular US presidents were Reagan and Kennedy.
Reagan because he ended the cold war. SDI was the best thing Potempkin village ever btw. Only a good actor like Reagan could look into the camera with a serious face and say something like "...and then our space cannons will pulverize all of the incoming nuclear missiles...". The Soviets bought it, could not put even more money into the armament competition and finally their economy broke down. Just awesome!
Sure it cost the US a fortune, but hey, the Soviets were down and an outritght war with them would have cost the US and the world much, much more than that ;)
Kennedy, well just everyone loved him. "Ich bin ein Berliner" but when he said it, it sounded more like "eeck ben een Boerliner", whats not to love about that? He was the impersonation of the "cute american that brings freedom, wealth and chewing gum to everyone"- image. People here loved that!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Maui wrote:
MSimon wrote:There seems to be a well oiled vote fraud machine in Ohio. As to which side it is working for? Look it up.
Sheesh-- I was offering your side a compliment, and this is what I get? Barely even related. Voter fraud goes both ways... and anyway I doubt very much that a single state will tip the election this year.
http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... -ohio.html

And it is not just going on in Ohio. If we don't get this fixed (all parties) confidence in elections is going to zero. And that would be very bad.

ACORN seems to be the big culprit this year. But I want to see all the crooks from both parties rooted out.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors »

It's a travesty. This kind of behavior might well have played a factor in the election of our last Governor in Washington State.

drmike

Post by drmike »

A few years ago I helped Verified Voting with programs to help track voting problems. They are still at it and have a lot more sophistication these days. I'm sure they can still use donations as well as monitors to help with the reporting.