Solar

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

zbarlici

Solar

Post by zbarlici »

The sun dumps an enormous amount of energy on the earth every single day. What is the likelyhood that one day it will be the primary source of energy for humanity?

blaisepascal

Re: Solar

Post by blaisepascal »

zbarlici wrote:The sun dumps an enormous amount of energy on the earth every single day. What is the likelyhood that one day it will be the primary source of energy for humanity?
It already is. The sun drives the water cycle (thus powering hydroelectric), the atmosphere (thus powering wind farms), photosynthesis (thus biofuels, food stocks (and thus animal power), and all fossil fuels), etc. The only major sources of energy in the system is the long, slow, radioactive decay of materials in the Earth, residual heat from the formation of the Earth, and tidal forces (which I'm not sure are a net gain or loss for the Earth).

Roger

Post by Roger »

blaisepascal wrote:
It already is.
True dat. LOL.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

blaisepascal wrote:
zbarlici wrote:The sun dumps an enormous amount of energy on the earth every single day. What is the likelyhood that one day it will be the primary source of energy for humanity?
It already is. The sun drives the water cycle (thus powering hydroelectric), the atmosphere (thus powering wind farms), photosynthesis (thus biofuels, food stocks (and thus animal power), and all fossil fuels), etc. The only major sources of energy in the system is the long, slow, radioactive decay of materials in the Earth, residual heat from the formation of the Earth, and tidal forces (which I'm not sure are a net gain or loss for the Earth).
I`ve already said "The sun dumps an enormous amount of energy on the earth every single day." I KNOW it drives everything here on earth, but thanks for mentioning it. Now put in on the power grid.