EV Batteries and UltraCaps

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rick Brice

EV Batteries and UltraCaps

Postby Rick Brice » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:19 pm

Mike Holmes mentioned EEStor as SCIFI in a posting on NISSAN Electric Vehicles. I thought this link might push EEStor toward reality.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/pres ... ement.html

With the EEStor UltraCaps one might even conceive of storing lightning bolts.

I'm waiting for someone to loudly yell. INCONCEIVABLE!
RH Rule? But I'm Left-handed!

Aero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:31 pm

I don't know if "Incredible" is close enough, but check out the second post on this thread.

Or just read the whole thread. 8)
Aero

Rick Brice

Postby Rick Brice » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 pm

OK, I read it, but .... I happen to work for Lockheed Martin and you should see the size of the magnifying glass used to look at vendors and especially new technology.

I've personally looked at using a bank of ultracaps to level the load on a Li-ion batttery pack for a non-hybrid, plug-in EV I plan to build.

This guy has been driving one around for quite a while.

http://www.metricmind.com/ac_honda/main2.htm

Rick Brice

Postby Rick Brice » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am

Incidentally, there is also a good article in Nuts & Volts August Issue on how to make the Prius pluggable.

Now, if I could only make my Civic Hybrid pluggable....

Mike Holmes

Postby Mike Holmes » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Rick Brice

Postby Rick Brice » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 am

Roger

Postby Roger » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:33 am

I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

Torulf2

Postby Torulf2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Munchausen

Postby Munchausen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Return to “General”