Valaint

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Valaint

Post by paperburn1 »

Just found out my company (Cubic Global Defense Services ) has been bought out by Valiant Integrated Services. Has anybody heard of these beltway bandits? :shock:
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Taliesin

Re: Valaint

Post by Taliesin »

Hmm, sounds like the Minnow swallowing the whale.

They are paying/sponsoring their own news articles about themselves.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 32897.html

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

We have some Cubic guys in the office, and they had an emergency secret meeting yesterday. This must have been why...
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

yep, they sold the entire division from VP to stock boy. I predict a bloodbath before it is all over. Right now the company mantra is "don't worry, be happy" but we have so many duplicate services it is not funny.
Mongol may be pawn in game of life but mongol has been though this before and they have Candlewood as their advisers. They are known for cutting out all the fat and some of the meat in order to make new acquisitions profitable. :(
Its closing time at the bar and we are the pretty girl all alone.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am now referring to one of our guys as "Mercenary Prince Valiant Cube".
For now, he sees humor in it.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

I've been through a couple of acquisitions (in the IT world) like that. Survived the first and second round on both, but it was not pretty. Good luck in your job hunting, as I recommend you polish up your resume and at least start looking now, even if you are not submitting for any until "you know".

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Good advice, not my first time either but this one smells different.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Speaking of Valiant. (couldn't think of any better thread on which to post this.)

Man plans to ride out Hurricane Florence on his boat: While millions are being told to evacuate, one North Carolina man plans to stay on his boat, docked at a marina, when Hurricane Florence hits.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/natio ... e=facebook

Reminds me of this:

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —