Two more months on the contract

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I think there's been discussion of this possibility, and IIRC Nebel himself confirmed that it won't go top secret like that..

edit- I'm pretty sure this isn't the post I was thinking of, but here's a few things Nebel said that hint at how things will happen:
viewtopic.php?p=5026#5026
viewtopic.php?p=5071#5071

Sort of off topic, but note what he says about nuanced results (along with not getting carried away with speculation or enthusiasm). I think he had said this before later reporting "nuanced results" as quoted on Roger Fox's blog.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

We’re going to have a credible, independent review, and we won’t prejudge what they have to say.
That kind of statement is exactly what one wants to hear on a project like this. There are so many snake oil energy people out there.

I had forgotten what he said about the machine evolving. One might interpret that to mean a net power attempt will not be the next machine, or that such an attempt may fail in its first few iterations, which is probably reasonable.

As frustrating as it when all we can do is wait and speculate, a year ago it seemed a long shot that even WB-7 would be funded.