Turkey and ISIS

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Turkey and ISIS

Post by paperburn1 »

Things just got sporty in Turkey, I did not expect this to happen so soon

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/fmr-c ... tary-coup/
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

choff

Re: Turkey and ISIS

Post by choff »

There's talk the coup was actually staged by the current regime, in order to do away with pesky democracy.
CHoff

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I am not sure this is over yet, as far as I can see all the power is still only located across the bridge.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/17 ... unded.html
US interest are still isolated

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

When a "military coup" involves apparently less than 1% of the nations military, and some captured soldiers report they thought they were simply on maneuvers until they hit civilian resistance, it's either among the worst planned coups of history or something else is up. Having enemy lists ready before hand by itself means nothing. But the shear incompetence apparent in the coup attempt raises questions.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:When a "military coup" involves apparently less than 1% of the nations military, and some captured soldiers report they thought they were simply on maneuvers until they hit civilian resistance, it's either among the worst planned coups of history or something else is up. Having enemy lists ready before hand by itself means nothing. But the shear incompetence apparent in the coup attempt raises questions.

I too do not believe that the leadership of Turkey's military is so stupid as to plan a coup without taking serious steps to insure it's success.

This does seem more like a Reichstag fire sort of Purge.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Post by choff »

It gets worse, apparently there aren't just 50 or 60 American controlled nukes on a Turkish airbase. The Turks were already given an additional 40 before all this happened. But don't worry, they can't use them unless authorized by NATO.
CHoff

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

I would assume that we have already removed those nukes to a safe location (outside Turkey). If not, I would assume gross incompetence on the part of our government and/or military.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The local US commander, if not completely incompetent, has already made a request to move the nuclear devices to a more secure location. As well as plans should the feces hit the rotary impeller before they can be moved according to plans approved from above.

But if Turkey has been given nuclear devices, we may have a nuclear armed Hitler on our hands.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

If the request is not honored, we need to send in a squad to specifically locate these nukes and then fly them out. If we 'gave" them to Turkey, we can certainly take them back with the same military squad. It is silly to pussy-foot about in this matter.

choff

Post by choff »

I have a bad feeling Obama WANTS a radical Islamic Turkey to have the nukes. Either that or him and Kerry are too clueless to see a problem.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

kurt9 wrote:I would assume that we have already removed those nukes to a safe location (outside Turkey). If not, I would assume gross incompetence on the part of our government and/or military.

Considering we have the most incompetent and corrupt President in History at the top of the chain of command, I would suggest that gross incompetence is now the normal way of doing business in the government and the military.

We should all stop worrying about stuff like errant nukes, because we need to focus on the important issues of the world, like letting Trans-Genders pick whichever bathrooms they feel like using.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:The local US commander, if not completely incompetent, has already made a request to move the nuclear devices to a more secure location. As well as plans should the feces hit the rotary impeller before they can be moved according to plans approved from above.

But if Turkey has been given nuclear devices, we may have a nuclear armed Hitler on our hands.

Ya think? Gee, I wonder who among us could have seen that coming? :)

Even so, I trust Erdogan not to start a nuclear suicide far more than I do Iran.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:I have a bad feeling Obama WANTS a radical Islamic Turkey to have the nukes. Either that or him and Kerry are too clueless to see a problem.

Yes to both.
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Diogenes wrote:Even so, I trust Erdogan not to start a nuclear suicide far more than I do Iran.
Delivering a nuke is only suicidal if there's a chance of it being traced back to the sender. US origin nuke, Russian or Chinese target ...

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Let's just say I feel the nukes were well taken care of and big brother was watching