Erdogan is going to get us all killed!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: Erdogan is going to get us all killed!

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:Why would you lump "the Turks" in with ISIS and "the Saudis"?
In addition, why would you lump all Turks as a group, and all Saudis as a group?

Seems like you are mixing apples, oranges, and bananas. What say you?
Because they are all working together. The Saudis are financing the DAESH and the other islamist rebels. The Turks are buying the oil from the DAESH for cheap. The US strategy seems to be to take apart every single Arab nation that is not Saudi and that is not 100% committed to the petrodollar.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The Saudis are financing the DAESH and the other islamist rebels
This statement makes no sense. What do you base it upon?

As for who is buying ISIS oil, that is debatable and not that relevant. I would say anyone and everyone, as this is typical of the peninsula and region in my experience. Once the commodity has departed its source, no one gives a crap where it came from as long as it is cheaper than other options. This is true of other regions in the world as well, it is not unique to that area. The only real option for control is to go at it at its source, and also the primary line of communication from the source. After that it is pointless.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The original intention of the governments of Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia in deciding to provide funding for Daesh was simple: covertly fund an organization that promoted their collective anti-Shia regional agenda while maintaining plausible deniability with regard to their involvement.The White Daesh as it is sometimes referred to was just that , a method to fund a certain ideology that would benefit the monarchy. Unfortunately like all the best laid plans of mice and men the monarchy did not see the possibility of what this movement turned into; the black Daesh. Something that would eventually go after the kingdom itself. The monarchy involved quickly withdrew their support as they seen that is has become a threat to the kingdom.While the leaders of these governments failed to have predicted what Daesh would turn into, they also have failed to implement and enforce regulations that would prevent their citizens from funding the black Daesh.In short, the moment for the U.S. to be able to effectively influence the flow of funds from the Gulf to Daesh has essentially passed. Daesh now funds itself, through a combination of oil sales, tax collection, kidnapping, extortion, cross-border smuggling, and other means. Given all this, why has the U.S. government not leaned harder on the region's governments to cut off Daesh's financing? America's ability to influence either regional or domestic policy is probably more limited today than at any time since the end of the Second World War. The U.S. government wishes to maximize what leverage it does still possess - in terms of oil purchases and military sales -- and does not wish to rock the boat more than necessary, thereby risking further disenfranchisement among the regional powers. In addition, the U.S. wishes to maintain whatever goodwill it still has in the region so that its foreign policy and military objectives can be implemented, to the extent any regional governments wish to do so.
*Daniel Wagner "Managing Country Risk"."Alex Stout is a research analyst with CRS."
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

See, now that makes sense, and is what I have been thinking.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Boots on the ground, and a lot more than the press indicates,
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/def ... is-n471996

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I think that is more messaging for Putin than anything.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I think that is more messaging for Putin than anything.
Really? As if Putin doesn't know? No, as always for obama, it is for domestic politics, for obama's Rev Wright agenda.

What is it with the Putin hate? The only person I deeply worry about is your top boss, 'Dear Leader' obama, with 13.5 months left.

Erdogan is all about the massive money to be made off the ISIS cheap oil, and shooting down the Russian plane was a desperate attempt to scare off Putin by dragging Nato into the mess. It is not always about some genius strategy.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I too think someone is getting bad advice again and sending the wrong message.
as for the oil; its not that major of amount Smuggling of oil and petroleum products from Syria into Turkey and it has been going on for decades. it is becuase traders and security officials cashed in on the difference in prices created by the heavy subsidies in Syria. Oil fields under ISIS control produced between 30,000 and 40,000 barrels per day, according to widely reported estimates most being sold in Syria for local use. So even if all the oil produced by ISIS was going to turkey which it is not you are still only talking maybe 5% of turkeys total imports.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

It is hard to get a straight story about what is going on, but your numbers are not consistent with what I have heard and the number of tanker trucks bombed. It really gets under my skin that the propaganda fed to the serfs in the US is so thick.

And then the blowhards act as if claimed special inside knowledge is meaningful, believable, or trustworthy. The crony corporate media, neocons, and whoosits in their Washington palace have zero respect for the doe eyed serfs.

All I can point to is 20 trillion in debt, not including the massive unfunded liabilities, massive unemployment, with no end in sight, and bloviated media talking heads sitting in judgement, acting as if they are so smart and insightful. It is a cluster f@#$.

Putin looks completely sane compared to the 'Global Warming' is the biggest national security threat US narrative.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Well, Putin actually wants Russia to succeed, both economically, and as a world power. Wish I could say the same about BO.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The messaging to Putin is to focus attacks on ISIS in Syria, and let up on the other Anti-regime.
Putin's current focus in Syria is not ISIS. Not by a long shot. By embedding US troops inside Syria, and a key sentence from Ascroft being "Improve Air Defense", this was a clear message to Putin to be way more careful where he bombs.
The next event, I predict, is most likely to be a rebel shootdown (not ISIS) of a Russian aircraft.
And probably before that will be a Russian tank getting smoked.
My sense is a lot of folks are not happy with Putin's agenda to prop up Assad, and they will/are seeking to exact a price for that.