Clock kid

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Clock kid

Post by JoeP »

Saw this followup today...
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/23/cloc ... n-damages/

WTG, kid! I hope he gets it. That way the next time someone brings a suspicious looking device to school, people will be sure to think about ethnic stereotypes before doing any kind of investigation, and choose the right course of action, or lack thereof. Doublethink it!

Diogenes

Re: Clock kid

Post by Diogenes »

JoeP wrote:Saw this followup today...
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/23/cloc ... n-damages/

WTG, kid! I hope he gets it. That way the next time someone brings a suspicious looking device to school, people will be sure to think about ethnic stereotypes before doing any kind of investigation, and choose the right course of action, or lack thereof. Doublethink it!

You are outta your mind. That stupid kid didn't build anything. He took a clock radio apart and put it in a pencil box. Someone made a video of the exact same thing that kid did. It took 23 seconds!

Not only that, but the kid plugged it into the wall at the school to make it beep. The thing is an AC powered clock. He drug his stupid little piece of crap to school to show his science teacher in first period, that guy didn't get worried about it, but he told stupid little Ahmed not to show it to anyone else, but stupid little Ahmed didn't listen, and proceeded to show it to everyone he could.

Of course his female English teacher freaked out when it beeped, and not knowing what it was, she became frightened and alerted the principal. Of course it's not like his father was an Islamic Activists, and it's not like his sister had already called in a bomb threat to the school previously...... oh, but wait! His father *IS* an Islamic Activist, and his sister *HAD* called in a bomb threat to the school before.

And to top it off, the Dumbest President in History says "Cool Clock Ahmed" . He should have said "Cool Clock Micronta." (Associated with Radio Shack) "I'm so stupid i've never seen a factory built clock without it's cover before."

Last edited by Diogenes on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Now let me show you what a real gifted young teenager can do. This kid is 13. He's one year younger than Ahmed.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Dio I take it you have not read Orwell, eh?

Anyway, who is going to make an easy $15 Million? Who is the winner here -- the nice nerdy kid with the nerdy homemade google-glass thing or the other kid that took apart a clock, took it to school on purpose, and whose family probably plotted this and will now charge the taxpayers of his home city for the offense of looking sideways at his 25 minutes of effort?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dio I take it you have not read Orwell, eh?

Anyway, who is going to make an easy $15 Million? Who is the winner here -- the nice nerdy kid with the nerdy homemade google-glass thing or the other kid that took apart a clock, took it to school on purpose, and whose family probably plotted this and will now charge the taxpayers of his home city for the offense of looking sideways at his 25 minutes of effort?

Okay. I'm a little slow, but I catch on eventually. Sorry, my sarcasm meter has been broken since 2008 when all the New York media started telling us that what we needed to run our country was a two bit community organizer who never held a job before.

Seriously, I read stuff everyday that is so far out there I can't believe it's not parody. The Onion is having trouble finding stuff to write about, because the truth has become so ridiculous that you can't tell it from a joke.

Yup. Your comment went completely over my head, and yes we do live in a very Orwellian world right now.
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The sad part is even if they lose the case, which is probably less than 50% given the current state of idiocy in the nation right now, they will skip out on the legal fees, and screw over a bunch of folks.
It is going to be real hard to collect from them in Qatar, one of the rabid extremist governments in the gulf. Did I mention hypocritical as well. If anyone else has been there and taken a spin out of town on a weekend to the desert, they know full well what I am talking about. If not, sorry, you need to get out around the planet a bit more.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

choff

Post by choff »

At least he's not 'Clockwork Orange' kid.
CHoff

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

:)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)