Will Europe wake up?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: Will Europe wake up?

Post by MSimon »

JoeP wrote:Great pic, I congratulate that man who went in there and did his duty to take those scum out.

As for Europe waking up, I doubt it.

The future is going to be a bunch of fragmented groups fighting over this and that, everywhere, with the old Western Europeans as mainly the willing hosts of parasitic groups and interests.

And the cold civil war in the US drags on as well.

IMHO.
The fragmentation is obvious US policy in the ME. The break up of the EU is well underway. Spain is fragmenting (Catalan).

China may not hold. Russia is being squeezed and shrunk. There is talk of cutting the US into 5 regions. Maybe more.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

williatw

Post by williatw »

MSimon wrote:China may not hold. Russia is being squeezed and shrunk. There is talk of cutting the US into 5 regions. Maybe more.
Any source for this? Would hate to see that happen to America; hopefully a reigning in of the excesses of the federal government pushing us back to Constitutional limits that respect state sovereignty as the founders intended could maybe head this off if true. That's what we libertarians would want; hear Gary Johnson is going to run again for president presumably as the Libertarian party candidate; maybe he will do better this time. Though I admit I am starting to like Trump somewhat (though he is no libertarian); I seem to recall reading his ideas if implemented would be just as big of budget busters as Obama's. Of course the current plan of apparently spending us into bankruptcy might be the thing that precipitates this "cutting the US" apart if it happens.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:During the Bolshevik movement women were instrumental in taking over Tsarist Russia. They would walk up to the Soldiers and give them flowers. Had it been nothing but men, the soldiers would have probably fired on them. As it was, many surrendered and joined the movement.
He disliked nearly all women, and especially the young and pretty ones. It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.

Nineteen Eighty-four, by George Orwell

PART ONE

Chapter 1

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell ... er1.1.html

williatw

Post by williatw »

Surrendering to Death

Eagles of Death Metal recently finished a Canadian tour and I got to sit down with vocalist Jesse Hughes and discuss the Bataclan attack in Paris that killed 89 of his fans. You’d think he’d want to avoid the topic, but he was actually eager to get into it. He sees it as a catharsis.
Hughes is not happy with the way the media has treated the story. Details are randomly pulled from his interviews and entire angles are edited in later that are diametrically opposed to his beliefs. Jesse Hughes has been ordained as a minister by the Universal Life Church. He’s pro-gun, pro-Trump, and pro-life. He recognizes that Islam is the problem and political correctness is literally killing us.

We had eight police officers in our audience that night. They all had the same conversation with their wives, which was “Should I bring my gun or not?” All of them said no. When we went back and played Paris again they stood in the same places they stood at the original show and they opened their jackets and showed me their guns as if to say, “Not tonight, motherfucker.” It was beautiful.

http://takimag.com/article/surrendering ... z4AkcMJouH

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
Diogenes wrote:During the Bolshevik movement women were instrumental in taking over Tsarist Russia. They would walk up to the Soldiers and give them flowers. Had it been nothing but men, the soldiers would have probably fired on them. As it was, many surrendered and joined the movement.
He disliked nearly all women, and especially the young and pretty ones. It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.

Nineteen Eighty-four, by George Orwell

PART ONE

Chapter 1

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell ... er1.1.html

This seems like a good place to post this link.

Why Women DESTROY NATIONS * / CIVILIZATIONS - and other UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS

https://youtu.be/UxpVwBzFAkw

I thought his point was rather profound.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:Surrendering to Death

Eagles of Death Metal recently finished a Canadian tour and I got to sit down with vocalist Jesse Hughes and discuss the Bataclan attack in Paris that killed 89 of his fans. You’d think he’d want to avoid the topic, but he was actually eager to get into it. He sees it as a catharsis.
Hughes is not happy with the way the media has treated the story. Details are randomly pulled from his interviews and entire angles are edited in later that are diametrically opposed to his beliefs. Jesse Hughes has been ordained as a minister by the Universal Life Church. He’s pro-gun, pro-Trump, and pro-life. He recognizes that Islam is the problem and political correctness is literally killing us.

This encapsulates two points I often try to make. Islam is not compatible with Western ideas of Equality and Tolerance, and the media are lying sacks of liberal excrement who manipulate the news as much as they think they can get away with, in an effort to make it conform to their own political ideology.

williatw wrote:
We had eight police officers in our audience that night. They all had the same conversation with their wives, which was “Should I bring my gun or not?” All of them said no. When we went back and played Paris again they stood in the same places they stood at the original show and they opened their jackets and showed me their guns as if to say, “Not tonight, motherfucker.” It was beautiful.

http://takimag.com/article/surrendering ... z4AkcMJouH

A single man with a gun would have shocked the attackers and thrown them off their game. Eight of them would have routed the attackers. What an amazing fluke that so many chose to listen to their stupid wives instead of doing what a man would have done instinctively. This sort of punctuates the point made by my previous posting.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Post by choff »

CHoff

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Diogenes wrote:
williatw wrote:Surrendering to Death
This encapsulates two points I often try to make. Islam is not compatible with Western ideas of Equality and Tolerance, and the media are lying sacks of liberal excrement who manipulate the news as much as they think they can get away with, in an effort to make it conform to their own political ideology.
I think a lot of people are waking up to this. Muslims are not compatible with Western society, at least not uneducated ones from Arabia and Africa who have known nothing but their own culture.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

So, what will Sweden be like in another decade?

They keep importing refugees, but according to The Local, "Of almost 163,000 people who applied for asylum in Sweden last year, less than 500 landed a job, according to a report by a Swedish public broadcaster." So how will they pay for all these young people from Africa and the Middle East so they have food, medical, housing, education, and basic services I wonder. Plus, I understand that the sexual ratios are skewed heavily towards young males for the refugees let in. I suppose the the Swedish politicians are intelligent enough and must have reasoned that there isn't any potential long-term problem with this.

So, I have also read reports of rape statistics going up to make Sweden a leader in this activity. Most countries I think would want to prevent this sort of thing, and perhaps correlate some things and perhaps change some policies, but I guess that is not an allowed line of thought if you are to be considered enlightened and politically correct.

Well, I guess the policies must be good, because just about every Western country is falling over themselves to replicate these successes.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

That graph pops all sort of red flags in my mind regardin data sources, reporting methodology disparities, selection criteria for displayed nations, and the list goes on.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

The graph kind of looks like what happens when you allow barbarians into a civilized nation.

choff

Post by choff »

26.6 per 100,000 for the U.S. That seems at odds with the 1 in 5 narrative.
CHoff

NotAPhysicist

Post by NotAPhysicist »

Unless you are being incredibly careful with how you generate this data I would imagine there is very weak correlation between the reporting of offenses, the recording of offenses and the actual number of offenses carried out.

I would suggest Sweden's large report number represents greater awareness and willingness to report and record than a larger number of actual offenses.

Likewise the lower reported figures in the UAE and Indonesia probably say far more about willingness to report and the willingness to record and be taken seriously than being reflective of the number of offences.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Sweden has some of the most "liberal" definitions of rape.
In recent years, several revisions to the definition of rape have been made in Swedish law to now not only include intercourse, but comparable sexual acts initiated against someone passive—incapable of giving consent—because they are in a vulnerable situation, such as a state of fear or unconsciousness.
wiki
In 2014, there were 6,700 rapes reported to the Swedish police—or 69 cases per 100,000 population—according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention , which is an 11 percent increase from the previous year. The number of convictions has remained relatively unchanged since 2005, with approximately 190 convictions on average each year
There have been several international comparisons made, placing Sweden at the top end of the number of reported rapes. However, police procedures and legal definitions vary widely across countries, which makes it difficult to compare rape statistics For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005. which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[ The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

choff

Post by choff »

In the case of Julian Assange, he refused to answer the question put to him by two women about whether or not he had VD, after having engaged in intimate relations with them. That withholding of information constituted the crime under Swedish law.
CHoff