What wonderful allies the US has...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

What wonderful allies the US has...

Post by Skipjack »

I rather have a Russian by the face than a Saudi by my ass:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... eath-by-c/

Diogenes

Re: What wonderful allies the US has...

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote:I rather have a Russian by the face than a Saudi by my ass:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... eath-by-c/

To Paraphrase the detective in "Who framed Roger Rabit":

"Forget it Eddie, it's Islami-Town. "

I perceive there is going to be a lot of death everywhere in the coming years.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Post by choff »

Invaded wrong country after 911, if the redacted reports ever become public a lot of people will be very upset.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

choff wrote:Invaded wrong country after 911, if the redacted reports ever become public a lot of people will be very upset.
But we know the essence of them. It is not hard to find - from people who have read the report. But we don't want to know.

Who would be better controlling the ME? Sunni or Shia. I'd go with no one. But as long as the area is rabidly Islamic that is not possible.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

When will you children wake up and understand it is not about religion, it is about culture. Any religion can be twisted by any culture to whatever ends sought. Religion becomes merely a convenient justifier, not a motivator. For the useful idiots, they are the only ones that think it is a motivator, because that is what they were told to think.

This is simply about cultural interpretations of the value of other's lives. Thinking and believing that someone else's life is less valuable than your own will always lead to a choice with poor outcomes for the other. While religion's provide guidelines based in the context of the religion's founding, it is humans who decide what and when they want it to mean.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

When will you children wake up and understand it is not about religion, it is about culture. Any religion can be twisted by any culture to whatever ends sought. Religion becomes merely a convenient justifier, not a motivator. For the useful idiots, they are the only ones that think it is a motivator, because that is what they were told to think.

No, it really is the religion. That religion really says that it is their duty to kill unbelievers. Here, i'll let IowaHawk make the point.

We've had 1400 years of that religion killing people. They've killed more humans than have the communists.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

What is the real Islam? The Muslim community will have to decide. There are some who criticize the terrorist actions as against the religion. There are also far too many who celebrate the terrorists.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Or read this mag printed by ISIS
This hows there is a considerable monetary backing to get rid of certain sect of Islam by Islam
http://www.cracked.com/blog/isis-wants- ... t_facebook
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

This is my point, certain groups are twisting the religion to support their own desires. They probably come in two flavors; I really believe the bullshit I am tossing about, or I don't care what I need to say to get my way.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)