Psychohistory

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Psychohistory

Post by paperburn1 »

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/17 ... a-20120717
Well this is a thing now.
Psychohistory is a fictional science in Isaac Asimov's Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people, such as the Galactic Empire. Well like all great science fiction stories they have started to creep into reality. The administration is supposedly using advisors from the new science to help determine what their next action should be handling any large-scale situation. It is rumored that the Iran deal is based in part on predictions from this new science. With the outcome of a more passive or Western accepting Iran because of the influx of ideas and Western influences from the release of their money. Also a very large stabilizing influence on the world economy by the integration of tens of billions of dollars into the world economy. There better articles about this out there on the web but this is one of the few I've seen that actually indicates Google's participation in the project as well as a software developer company bit.ly. I just find it interesting that once again it seems like science fiction is paving the way to the the future. For better or for worse.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.