Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by hanelyp »

An end to end secure communication line between POTUS and other major Heads of State makes sense, where random intelligence civil "servants" don't have the keys to listen in. Especially given the criminal leaks apparently coming from government insiders.

10 years for environmental impact review? That's insane. It's like they want our government hamstrung building essential facilities, maybe including a wall to better control the invasion on our southern border.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:10 years for environmental impact review? That's insane. It's like they want our government hamstrung building essential facilities, maybe including a wall to better control the invasion on our southern border.
Yes utterly insane; I don't think (I hope) he doesn't need legislative approval for the changes he wants to make; primarily regulations to be re-written; procedures expedited, redundant steps in the processed collapsed. Of course to cope with the inevitable lawsuits to try to stop him from doing it if he manages to pull off the changes he wants for the wall building (& other infrastructure repair/constructions):

President Trump has more than 120 federal judicial spots to fill
The fight over Judge Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the Supreme Court is overshadowing an area where President Trump might actually be able to make an even bigger change to our judicial system: the lower federal courts.

The Constitution gives the president power to nominate not just Supreme Court justices but also judges on the court of appeals and district court judges. Each one of those judges has to be confirmed by the Senate, and each is a lifetime appointment.

Obama only had 54 federal judicial vacancies when he took office. Today, Trump has a staggering 124 spots to fill. Many of these seats are open because, when Republicans retook the Senate in 2015, confirmation of Obama nominees essentially stopped.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22013743/

This could easily be hugely significant; in addition I think he will likely have at least one more SCOTUS nomine. Rumors floating around that Kennedy is announcing his retirement sometime this Summer:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/ ... nt-rumors/

And I doubt if Ruth Bader Ginsburg will last Trump's full 1st 4yr term let alone the 2nd one if he wins reelection.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Trump is turning out to be a better President than I expected.
Agreed...and there is this, I apologize for the length of the post, and the source Jerry Pournelle who I tend to listen says he can't verify the source. But it is and interesting read. If true is seem James Comey isn't what he is being presented to us as by the main stream media:

James Comey is a poisonous snake of the highest order… a deep-water Swamp Denizen who has been highly paid to deliberately provide cover for high-level corruption by the Clintons and Obama. He is has been central to trying to destroy the Trump campaign and then the Trump administration from the start. He is as dirty as they come in DC. He had highest-level cover (the FBI no less) and was deep into an effort to eliminate Trump. Trump had to move hard, fast, and at exactly the right time to cut the head off the snake without getting bitten by the snake or being finished by the other swamp denizens.

I had read some of this from other sources. At this point a person doesn't know what to believe coming out of Washington.

What I now believe is that there is indeed a collection of "Deep State" bureaucrats in that city who's primary goal is maintaining their own cushy life styles, and who will use the powers at their disposal to damage anyone who they perceive as threatening their cushy life style.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:McCain and Graham are still powerful adversaries, at some point they will have to be dealt with in the same or similar manner as Comey. It's not just the Clinton Death Machine/Democrats, it's the CFR and the Military Industrial Complex that have to be neutralized.

It's not just the Military businesses that influence Washington. It is all of the large businesses who influence Washington. It's the Government/Industrial complex.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Restoring credibility? Trump’s slate of 11 judicial nominees could shake up courts
“The time has come to right the wrongs of the previous administration,” he said. “These supremely qualified jurists will restore respect and credibility to the judicial branch by saying what the law is—not what it ought to be.”

Even though the president’s term has just begun, the judges he puts on the bench could be one of his most important and long-lasting legacies.
Whether former President Barack Obama transformed the country is an open question – but there’s no question he transformed the federal courts.

For example, in the federal appeals courts, one level below the Supreme Court, Obama named about one-third of all judges presently sitting.

Now it’s Donald Trump’s turn to transform the courts. With more than 120 openings on the federal bench, the White House has just announced a slate of 11 new judicial nominees.
Court observers say the nominees will be a positive addition to the courts.

Carrie Severino, chief counsel and policy director of the Judicial Crisis Network, called it a “fantastic list” with nominees who “have shown commitment to principled and even-handed application of the law throughout their careers.”

Jonathan Adler, professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Ohio, called the choices “superlative judicial nominees with sterling credentials and impressive intellects.”

The list includes Stephanos Bibas for the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Allison H. Eid for the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and Ralph R. Erickson for the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.

Bibas is a professor of law at the University of Pennsylvania who clerked for Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Eid, who clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas and was professor of law at the University of Colorado, is at present a justice on the Colorado Supreme Court. Erickson is a district court judge in North Dakota who presided over the state’s first federal death penalty case.

“President Trump continues to pick current and former academics for the appellate bench,” Adler said. “This will only magnify the impact his nominees are likely to have on the federal courts.”

The other nominees are Michael P. Allen, Amanda L. Meredith and Joseph L. Toth for the Veterans Claims Appeals Court, Dabney L. Friedrich, Timothy J. Kelly and Trevor N. McFadden for the District Court of the District of Columbia, Stephen S. Schwartz for the Court of Federal Claim and Claria Horn Boom for district judge of the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, has called for swift action on the nominees.

“President Obama understood the singular importance of the lower courts, which is why he was so vigorous in appointing judges with a greater commitment to the liberal political agenda than to our Constitution,” Hatch said in a statement released Wednesday.

But he said President Trump can turn things around.

“The time has come to right the wrongs of the previous administration,” he said. “These supremely qualified jurists will restore respect and credibility to the judicial branch by saying what the law is—not what it ought to be.”

Even though the president’s term has just begun, the judges he puts on the bench could be one of his most important and long-lasting legacies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06 ... ourts.html

williatw

Post by williatw »

Trump Has Putin Over a Barrel

Trump said, "we are committed to securing your access to alternate sources of energy, so Poland and its neighbors are never again held hostage to a single supplier of energy."
Trump wants America to achieve energy dominance. He withdrew from the costly Paris climate accord, which would have severely damaged the American economy. He directed the EPA to rescind the Obama Clean Power Plan, which would have led to skyrocketing electricity rates. He fast-tracked the Keystone XL pipeline. He reopened the door for a modernized American coal industry. He's overturning all the Obama obstacles to hydraulic fracturing, which his presidential opponent Hillary Clinton would have dramatically increased. And he has opened the floodgates wide to energy exports.

Right now, U.S. oil reserves are almost in parity with those of Saudi Arabia. We have the second most coal reserves in the world. There are enough U.S. gas reserves to last us about a century. We have already passed Russia as the world's top natural gas producer. We are the world's top producer of oil and petroleum hydrocarbons. And exports of liquefied national gas are surging, with the Department of Energy rapidly approving new LNG projects and other export terminals.
All these America-first energy policies are huge economic-growth and high-wage job producers at home. But in the Warsaw speech, Trump made it clear that America's energy dominance will be used to help our friends across Europe. No longer will our allies have to rely on Russia's Gazprom supplies with inflated, prosperity-killing prices.

In short, with the free market policies he's putting in place in America's energy sector and throughout the U.S. economy, the business man president fully intends to destroy Russia's energy-market share. And as that takes hold, Russia's gas station economy will sink further.

And as that takes hold, Bully-boy Putin will have to think twice about Ukraine, Poland and the Baltics. He'll have to think twice about his anti-American policies in the Middle East and North Korea. And he'll have to think twice about his increasingly precarious position as the modern-day Russian tsar.

And the world may yet become a safer place.

Trump has Putin over a barrel.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 34415.html

But how can this be?! We have it on the best of authority (the mainstream media, the Dems) that Trump is both "paralyzed" by the Russian "Scandal" and/or is Putin's puppet?

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Just wondering. Does the Gerald Ford still have the EMALS electro-magnetic catapults installed, or did the yank them out and install steam catapults, per Trump's orders?

If they did go to steam, I presume the complement of aircraft will be F4's, F-14's etc. Because the latest aircraft being added to the Navy inventory require EMALS.
President Trump said he has told the Navy to return to decades-old steam-powered catapult technology to launch aircraft from the new Gerald Ford-class aircraft carriers, rather than use a new digital launch system.

Trump’s comments came during an interview with Time magazine, released in excerpts Thursday, where he bashed the new Electro-Magnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) and said the Navy would instead be “going to goddamned steam.”

“I said, ‘You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?’ ‘No sir.’ I said, ‘Ah, how is it working?’ ‘Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air,’” Trump said in the interview.

“It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, ‘What system are you going to be—‘ ‘Sir, we’re staying with digital.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.’
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33304 ... t-carriers

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Too late to rip it all out. Anyways it is way better.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

ladajo wrote:Too late to rip it all out. Anyways it is way better.
I agree, and given the talents of the young firebrand we have running these things I can only expect exciting and new boundaries to be found for the system. :)
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

We are an important check on the powers of the Executive. Our consent is necessary for the President to appoint jurists and powerful government officials and in many respects to conduct foreign policy. Whether or not we are of the same party, we are not the President’s subordinates. We are his equal!
The success of the Senate is important to the continued success of America. This country – this big, boisterous, brawling, intemperate, restless, striving, daring, beautiful, bountiful, brave, good and magnificent country – needs us to help it thrive. That responsibility is more important than any of our personal interests or political affiliations.
Sen. John McCain
25 July, 2017

Helluva good speech. Somebody tell me again, why was he never elected President?

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

To tie it all together, between Trump and McCain, which one has ever experienced the business end of a steam catapult, or knows more about aircraft carriers than a fifth-grader?

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Tom Ligon wrote:
We are an important check on the powers of the Executive. Our consent is necessary for the President to appoint jurists and powerful government officials and in many respects to conduct foreign policy. Whether or not we are of the same party, we are not the President’s subordinates. We are his equal!
The success of the Senate is important to the continued success of America. This country – this big, boisterous, brawling, intemperate, restless, striving, daring, beautiful, bountiful, brave, good and magnificent country – needs us to help it thrive. That responsibility is more important than any of our personal interests or political affiliations.
Sen. John McCain
25 July, 2017

Helluva good speech. Somebody tell me again, why was he never elected President?
Did I miss the /sarc tag?

I thank God he was not elected because tried to eviscerate the 1st amendment with McCain-Feingold.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

McCain-Feingold is why
It tilted influence in our political system toward the ideological extremes. Political parties played a moderating role: Because they comprise a broad coalition of interests, parties had to mediate among competing constituencies, looking for ­middle-ground positions that would draw maximum support and funding. Traditionally, they used their resources to impose discipline on extremists who threatened party community. But McCain-Feingold pushed soft money away from parties and toward special interest groups and they financed politicians with extreme views, Many of which prefer to focus on highly contentious issues (abortion, gun control, environmentalism, welfare ). The system runs on money and with the best intentions and the worst results they but a monkey wrench into the system. So now in order to win elections they open their arms to hardliners with large checkbooks.
Almost all of the rank and file have yet to forgive him for making fund raising so hard.(having to deal with extreme left or right views)
All congress members spend at least 20 hours per week in fundraising activities for the party or they loose party funding . McCain-Feingold aimed to shore up confidence in the political system and reduce the role of big money in elections. It has done neither.
In 1976, the Supreme Court struck down spending limits; in 2010, it struck down all laws on corporate independent expenditures.(In my view a corporation is not a citizen until Texas fries one in a electric chair.) In McCutcheon, the court has struck down aggregate limits on how much an individual can give, making it possible for one person to spend millions. In other words "we're Humped")
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Hope this never come to pass & I apologize ahead of time to anyone offended:

The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018, Part 1

by Kurt Schlichter

“We cannot tolerate this any longer,” said the former CIA Director at the head of the table. “We have to forcibly retake the government from Donald Trump. It is the only way save our democracy.”

His audience nodded solemnly. The men and women gathered at that secret February meeting on the top floor of 241 West 41st Street, the New York Times building, were Democrat politicians, media figures, retired and active members of the federal security bureaucracy, and several Establishment Republicans, and they were at wit’s end. There simply was no other choice. Donald Trump must be replaced, and it no longer mattered how. This meeting was the genesis of the bloody coup of April 2018.

Out of power, with #TheResistance fading, the ruling class elitists dislodged from their sinecures by the arrival of Donald Trump and his populist followers in 2016 were desperate. There was no guarantee they would retake power in 2020, or even 2024, were Ivanka to run. Their Trump/Russia fiasco had crashed and burned. They had created the pseudo-scandal to convince the electorate that Trump and Putin had been tongue-kissing during the election and, instead, it backfired on the Democrats by revealing their Fusion GPS/FSB shenanigans. Worse, somewhere in a DOJ safe house, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was trying to keep out of prison by spilling her guts to Jeff Sessions’ investigators.

It had been all the mandarins could do to suppress that scandal, though in the uncontrolled media – and in Trump’s accursed tweets – Democratic corruption was still under a spotlight. After Trump went on the internet (since no network but Fox would show his speech) to explain that he was firing Robert Mueller for his massive conflicts of interest and his inability to run a professional, leak-free organization, nothing happened. The media railed, Capitol Hill was in an uproar, but the people understood that having the accuser’s best buddy lead the investigation makes it a sham, and Trump’s numbers didn’t budge. In fact, polls for Trump-allied primary candidates rose. Future Michigan Senator Kid Rock was even acting like a real candidate, releasing a position paper on tariff policy –“My position is standing up for America first and not bending over for these darn foreigners! Word.”

The Democrats were stalled and powerless as General John Kelly’s focused and disciplined White House staff, in conjunction with the cunning and vindictive Mitch McConnell (who relieved Schumer-ally John McCain of his beloved Armed Services Committee chairmanship “reluctantly, so my good friend John can focus on his health and his family”), began pushing through appointments, filling empty court seats, and notching legislative wins. The media’s credibility was in free fall – CNN’s ratings dipped below those of Love, American Style reruns on the That 70s Channel network. And the GOP Establishment, frozen out of government jobs and abandoned by donors, was in a panic. “You should see how many empty cabins we have on the Weekly Standard Does Scandinavia cruise!” whimpered one disgruntled conservative publisher.

And the uncouth nature of these red state barbarians – it was too much to bear. Just the other day, a senior White House advisor had gone on Tucker and said that if Chuck Schumer didn’t like the recent repeal of the legislative filibuster, he could “Kiss me where the Good Lord split me!”

But how would one pull off a coup d’etat in the United States? Most of the political hacks had no idea, while the military experts understood the massive challenge. Some answers were obvious – in the Third World, the first thing the plotters take control of are the radio and TV stations and the newspapers. In America, the media was already in the bag. Hell, they would cheerlead a coup. But the actual seizure of power? That was more complicated.

“You just send in some soldiers and take over everything,” said the younger and, astonishingly, stupider California senator. “You know, with guns. How hard can this Army stuff be?”

Retired – actually, fired by Trump – General Leonard Smith, who had been promoted by Obama after failing to win in Iraq and Afghanistan, but who successfully spearheaded the transsexuals in foxholes initiative, tried to explain.

“Look, it’s a matter of numbers. We take all our land forces in CONUS…”

“What’s CONUS?” asked a former Clinton Deputy Assistant Undersecretary of Defense.

“The continental United States,” the general replied, annoyed. “We have maybe 45 brigade combat teams total available, counting everything active and reserve, Marine and Army. Less than one per state. And a city takes a brigade to control – at least. New York would take ten. And that’s assuming they were all loyal to us. There’s police and federal law enforcement too, but we also have 100 million armed Americans who might object.”

“Ridiculous,” sniffed the senator. “How can a bunch of citizens armed with their deer rifles stop a modern army?”

“Oh, I don’t know, Senator. Ask the Vietnamese. Or the Afghans. Look, we need speed and focus. Step one is to decapitate the government by eliminating the current leadership, via capture or … otherwise. Step two, take the the key control nodes before the administration can react. Step three, use the inertia of the military and law enforcement. We get them on our side – whether they know it or not – and keep them moving and following orders so they do not have time to reflect and react against us. But you need to understand and to go into this with your eyes open. If we do this, people will die. Are you ready for that?”

“If breaking a few eggs is the price of restoring democracy by removing the president these Neanderthals elected, so be it,” said a MSNBC hostess. The general, thinking about the high position he had been promised in the new government, said nothing. For him, it was worth the risk.

They set about making contacts, enlisting support, and drafting plans. Their agents in the intelligence community ordered surveillance on dozens of government and civilian leaders expected to be loyal to the administration. Military contacts recruited key commanders and routed others into vital posts. For example, near Washington, the 3rd Infantry regiment’s commander was suddenly relieved and a new one assigned. The commander of the DC National Guard was likewise vetted and enlisted. At the FBI, arrest warrants for “Treason” were drafted and signed by friendly judges and then held for the right moment. Some hints of these preparations filtered up to law enforcement, but sympathizers throughout the federal government ensured the tips were routed to the circular file.

Timing was everything – all the pieces had to be in place to act. But they weren’t. As the weeks wore on and February turned to March and March into April, the plotters grew anxious. Every passing day made it more likely that their plan would be leaked and exposed. It actually was exposed once – a CNN reporter did a segment headlined “Rumors of a Military Coup in Swirl in Washington” before the executives shut it down. Luckily for the conspirators it was on Chris Cuomo’s show, so no one saw it.

Pressure was growing. The economic news was improving as the market hit new highs. Trump-allied candidates were winning primaries as Obamacare collapsed and the people somehow failed to hold those who did not enact it responsible for it. But then a window of opportunity arose. On April 25th, 2018, the President would be at the White House, but the Vice-President would be flying back to Indiana, Attorney General Sessions would be at home in Alabama, and Defense Secretary Mattis would be at an Air Force base in Nebraska. Congress would be in town, as would the Supreme Court. They carefully reviewed their proscription lists – neutralizing key individuals was as important as securing physical locations – and the schemers prepared to act.

The vast majority of the coup catspaws would have no idea of their place in the big picture; they would be assigned specific tasks within the scope of their typical duties and only find out after it was too late that they had been part of the plot. But others knew exactly what they were doing, including a significant number of military and law enforcement trigger pullers who would undertake active measures.

At 8 p.m. on April 25th, cruisers from the Washington, D.C. Police Department received orders to shut down each of the bridges into the city and key land routes in from Maryland due to a “terrorist alert.” The TV stations reported it, but police appeared at local radio stations demanding they go off the air “by order of the Mayor.” In the meantime, a convoy of a dozen vehicles marked “Secret Service” turned onto Pennsylvania Avenue.

General John Kelly walked into the Oval Office where the President was speaking to his colorful communications director. “Mr. President, I have received a report from the CIA of a major potential terrorist operation. I’ll talk to DHS and FBI and see what else we know. We are increasing security here at the White House.”

“What’s going on?” asked Donny Coleman, a uniformed Secret Service officer at the White House gate. He’d been on the job twenty years and never seen anything like this. A dozen Secret Service vehicles with lights were lined up behind the barrier, everyone was in tactical gear, and the head honcho wasn’t in a mood to chat.

“Emergency Response Team. Open the darn gate!” he shouted. “There’s a major terrorist threat.”

But Donny Coleman had not been told of a convoy suddenly appearing because of a major terrorist threat he had heard about just two minutes before, and moreover, he was an affable guy who took pride in knowing just about everyone in the Uniformed Division of the United States Secret Service, and he didn’t know any of these guys.

“Let me hit the gate button,” he said, and walked into the guard shack, hit the button that read “ALARM,” drew his .357 magnum SIG Sauer 229 and dropped to the ground as the claxon sounded and a flurry of 5.56 mm bullets shredded the walls.

“What the hell is this?” Jeff Sessions asked as a half-dozen armed men pushed into his living room in his Alabama home. He had given all but one of his security detail the night off; that man lay on the porch, shot through the forehead.

“Shut up,” said the biggest one, smashing the Attorney General in the mouth.

The pilot of Air Force Two, a C-32 (the military version of a Boeing 757) looked out her window.

“Where’s our escort?” the lieutenant colonel asked. The F-16s had been right there at their wings as they had approached Indianapolis – a nice gesture to welcome their passenger home. The scope showed the two fighters had dropped back.

There was a piercing tone in the cockpit. “Missile lock!” shouted the pilot and the plane’s automatic defense systems came to life. Too late. Four AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles slammed into the jet. It spiraled down into a cornfield north of Jasper, Indiana, at 7:32 p.m. local time.

“Secure the President!” shouted General Kelly as gunfire erupted outside. “Get him to the bunker!” The Secret Service guards did, surrounding him, weapons out. Agents and Marines rushed through the halls, stopping to open hidden cabinets packed with M4s and ammo.

“You need to see this,” Anthony Scaramucci, the communications director said. Kelly followed. In the comms room, he saw the same picture on all the screens – except for Fox, which was snow. It was Hillary Clinton, stiff at a desk, looking a bit like she had imbibed some liquid courage. She was reading off a sheet of yellow paper.

“…no choice but to act decisively to restore democracy and our Constitution by removing the Trump junta. Our armed forces are acting to protect our country by transferring leadership to the National Committee of Recovery and Reconciliation, made up of prominent citizens from all political parties, which will govern until fair elections free of foreign collusion can be held …”

Kelly caught the President and his escorts at the elevator. The battle outside sounded like the general remembered Fallujah sounding. Except, inside the White House, he had only a few Secret Service agents and some Marines to hold off the onslaught.

“Sir,” he said. “It’s a military coup.”
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... 1-n2362183

Part 2:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... 2-n2362194

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

williatw wrote:Hope this never come to pass & I apologize ahead of time to anyone offended:

The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018, Part 1

by Kurt Schlichter

“We cannot tolerate ... a military coup.”
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... 1-n2362183

Part 2:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... 2-n2362194
This reduces entirely to the fact Schlicter is full of shit.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria