Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

TDPerk

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by TDPerk »

Diogenes wrote:
TDPerk wrote: What's never funny to the victims are the moral panics to which social conservative seem to be especially prone, and people get sent to prison for life for Satanic child abuse in daycare which never happened.

You think social conservatives in New York are behind the investigations/prosecutions of the NIXVM sex cult? Or that Social Conservatives in Washington DC are behind the indictment of Hillary Clinton campaign chairman Joel Davis?

I'm thinking you are seeing social conservative bogeymen under your bed.

My recollection of the "Satanic child abuse in daycare" crap was caused by overzealous liberal government bureaucrats in the various child protective services agencies of various states. It was not random kooky church ladies that started these prosecutions, it was government agents with excessive powers to grab people's children and enough stupidity to believe the made up stuff such children can be induced to say with a little coaxing.
Seems like you are bringing up Joel Davis and NXIVM because you have no substantive reply to what I actually said.

Seems like you want the strawman of a "bogeyman" to beat me with...because your arguments are weak and you need it.

" it was government agents with excessive powers to grab people's children and enough stupidity to believe the made up stuff such children can be induced to say with a little coaxing " <-- Done only at the behest of Social Conservatives not that far behind in time from them screaming about heavy metal rock music (remember Tipper Gore?) and D&D, remember Jimmy Carter was an evangelical and the flight from the Dem party by social conservatives was not yet complete.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

TDPerk wrote: Seems like you are bringing up Joel Davis and NXIVM because you have no substantive reply to what I actually said.

Your commentary seemed to indicate you thought social conservatives were behind all of this stuff. I thought pointing out that there are few social conservatives in New York and Washington DC who are investigating/prosecuting this stuff was quite an adequate reply to the point I believed you to have raised.

But I think we are at a point where you and perhaps some others are not really into looking at any evidence, you just want to believe what you want to believe. You've picked your favorite bad guys, and they are going to be the villain because that suits your preference. Did you even look at that video of the Cartoon network guy (Dan Harman) pretending to have sex with a baby? Did you find that to be a sort of humor you could enjoy?

I expect we will hear more about sex cults and pedophilia amongst our social elite, but I doubt many will even notice it, and that's if I bother to post it. Certainly little will be said on the regular news channels about it.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:I expect we will hear more about sex cults and pedophilia amongst our social elite, but I doubt many will even notice it, and that's if I bother to post it. Certainly little will be said on the regular news channels about it.

Remember Heidi Fleiss? She was arrested tried and convicted of (among other things) pandering (prostitution ring). None of her wealthy clients were ever as far as I know ever arrested, charged, convicted, imprisoned of anything. None of their names were ever revealed by the authorities who no doubt had ample evidence of who they were to the general public. Hardly a peep of protest from the public/news media about the blatant double standard at work in a very well publicized event. The only client I can think of is I think Charlie Sheen was; he testified as a witness against her (I think). Quite a bit different to what happens to us "little folk" who get caught with a prostitute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Fle ... al_charges

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
Diogenes wrote:I expect we will hear more about sex cults and pedophilia amongst our social elite, but I doubt many will even notice it, and that's if I bother to post it. Certainly little will be said on the regular news channels about it.

Remember Heidi Fleiss? She was arrested tried and convicted of (among other things) pandering (prostitution ring). None of her wealthy clients were ever as far as I know ever arrested, charged, convicted, imprisoned of anything. None of their names were ever revealed by the authorities who no doubt had ample evidence of who they were to the general public. Hardly a peep of protest from the public/news media about the blatant double standard at work in a very well publicized event. The only client I can think of is I think Charlie Sheen was; he testified as a witness against her (I think). Quite a bit different to what happens to us "little folk" who get caught with a prostitute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Fle ... al_charges

That is indeed how things works. While we weren't looking, an Aristocracy snuck up on us.

On a completely different topic, I just ran across this today. Good for some laughs. :)

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Williatw, could you take a look at this?

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/sex-cult- ... all-there/

Does this seem credible to you?
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Big League Politics website it is clear that the sole mission is to promote the agenda of President Trump. Essentially, this could be classified as a propaganda media arm for the President. While there are nice examples of well sourced journalism on this website there are also unproven conspiracy type stories
Mustard Seed Media, which consulted for Republican candidate Roy Moore in last year's Alabama owns bigleague so basically 80 percent of their stories are true or basis in truth but the other 20 percent are fabrication to promote viewership and conspiracy theories They have been caught telling some tabloid whoppers.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:Williatw, could you take a look at this?

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/sex-cult- ... all-there/

Does this seem credible to you?

Listened to part of it (his you-tube tape) maybe more when I have time; impression is this could be something or not. You would need a much more credible witness than the pot smoking dude who went to a party pretty much forgot about it and then remembered all these details years later; or some hard evidence as in follow the money. Having said that we know Weiner is a serious perv; anything is possible. This is probably a dry hole; people like high end drug dealers for instance probably see all kinds of example of the high and mighty acting out their sociopathic impulses; trouble is they are just not considered credible witnesses against the social elites. Look what Weinstein got away with for years; they actually made jokes about it at televised academy awards and still nothing happened until recently.

How Harvey Weinstein’s Sexual Abuse Cover Up Fell Apart | The Backstory | The New Yorker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12mA5oLSgM

Related maybe credible judge for yourself:

We Spoke to the Man Who Blew the Whistle On Alleged Sex Cult Inside NXIVM (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoUjimrglE

The Fleiss case we know what happened, the authorities were so secure they didn't even as I recall even bother to offer an explanation about the lack of rich clients being charged.
Last edited by williatw on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Another one; anybody think this guy will ever see the inside of a jail cell?:

Les Moonves and CBS Face Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

Six women accuse the C.E.O. of harassment and intimidation, and dozens more describe abuse at his company.

“It’s top down, this culture of older men who have all this power and you are nothing,” one veteran producer told me. “The company is shielding lots of bad behavior.”
For more than twenty years, Leslie Moonves has been one of the most powerful media executives in America. As the chairman and C.E.O. of CBS Corporation, he oversees shows ranging from “60 Minutes” to “The Big Bang Theory.” His portfolio includes the premium cable channel Showtime, the publishing house Simon & Schuster, and a streaming service, CBS All Access. Moonves, who is sixty-eight, has a reputation for canny hiring and project selection. The Wall Street Journal recently called him a “TV programming wizard”; the Hollywood Reporter dubbed him a “Wall Street Hero.” In the tumultuous field of network television, he has enjoyed rare longevity as a leader. Last year, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, he earned nearly seventy million dollars, making him one of the highest-paid corporate executives in the world.
In recent months, Moonves has become a prominent voice in Hollywood’s #MeToo movement. In December, he helped found the Commission on Eliminating Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality in the Workplace, which is chaired by Anita Hill. “It’s a watershed moment,” Moonves said at a conference in November. “I think it’s important that a company’s culture will not allow for this. And that’s the thing that’s far-reaching. There’s a lot we’re learning. There’s a lot we didn’t know.”

But Moonves’s private actions belie his public statements. Six women who had professional dealings with him told me that, between the nineteen-eighties and the late aughts, Moonves sexually harassed them. Four described forcible touching or kissing during business meetings, in what they said appeared to be a practiced routine. Two told me that Moonves physically intimidated them or threatened to derail their careers. All said that he became cold or hostile after they rejected his advances, and that they believed their careers suffered as a result. “What happened to me was a sexual assault, and then I was fired for not participating,” the actress and writer Illeana Douglas told me. All the women said they still feared that speaking out would lead to retaliation from Moonves, who is known in the industry for his ability to make or break careers. “He has gotten away with it for decades,” the writer Janet Jones, who alleges that she had to shove Moonves off her after he forcibly kissed her at a work meeting, told me. “And it’s just not O.K.”

Thirty current and former employees of CBS told me that such behavior extended from Moonves to important parts of the corporation, including CBS News and “60 Minutes,” one of the network’s most esteemed programs. During Moonves’s tenure, men at CBS News who were accused of sexual misconduct were promoted, even as the company paid settlements to women with complaints. It isn’t clear whether Moonves himself knew of the allegations, but he has a reputation for being closely involved in management decisions across the network. Some of the allegations, such as those against the former anchor Charlie Rose, as reported by the Washington Post, have already become public. Other claims are being reported here for the first time. Nineteen current and former employees told me that Jeff Fager, the former chairman of CBS News and the current executive producer of “60 Minutes,” allowed harassment in the division. “It’s top down, this culture of older men who have all this power and you are nothing,” one veteran producer told me. “The company is shielding lots of bad behavior.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... misconduct

So given that this is reality the idea of their being some kind of "Pizza gate" and apparently worse happening in Britain is by no means outside the realm of reasonable probability.
Last edited by williatw on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Trump Negotiates, the Press Lies

President Donald Trump pats the president of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker on the back following a joint press conference in the White House Rose Garden in Washington, DC on July 25, 2018.

Donald Trump is a negotiator, as he has told us from the start. Not everything he says means what it means. Not every final decision he makes is final. And just because he says he loves you, that doesn't mean he does. He's in motion toward a goal, and the truth is in the motion. By now, most of us get this.
As a lifelong freelancer, I have been in several high-level negotiations in my life — high-level for me, at least, with my career and my family's future on the line. Sometimes I have been protected by agents who did the talking for me, but the final decisions have always been mine. And here is what I've learned.

Negotiation is movement. The truth is not in any given moment, it's in the whole process, beginning to end. If someone says, "That's my last offer," that doesn't mean it's his last offer. If someone says, "It's over!" that doesn't mean it's over. And if someone says he loves you, that doesn't mean he loves you either. It's all part of the game. Everyone gets this.

Donald Trump is a negotiator, as he has told us from the start. Not everything he says means what it means. Not every final decision he makes is final. And just because he says he loves you, that doesn't mean he does. He's in motion toward a goal, and the truth is in the motion. By now, most of us get this.
Except the press. They just hate him too much to take him as he is — to take him as he has always said he is. They don't accept he's in a moving negotiation. If he says it's over and it's not over, they call him a liar. If he says he loves Putin, they declare he loves Putin. By now, most of us understand that Trump doesn't operate that way. Not the press.

To be fair, there are some commentators with honest concerns. They feel that, as president, Trump's words should have more weight than a negotiator's words. He shouldn't say it's over unless it's really over. He shouldn't say he loves you if you happen to be a gangster piece of garbage like Vladimir Putin or Kim Jong-un. Fair enough. There's a price you pay for everything, and there's a price America will pay for having a president who approaches truth as a negotiator.

But as we saw this week, there are lots of benefits as well.

As the week began, the press and politicians on both the left and right were in a full, hen-clucking hysteria over Trump's trade policies. "Tariffs are the greatest," Trump tweeted. And in the press and Congress, players on both sides were declaring free trade was dead and the end of the economy was nigh. They neglected to recall that Trump had also said at the G7 summit back in June that all tariffs and trade barriers should be lifted. "No tariffs, no barriers, that's the way it should be."

Tariffs and the threats of tariffs were clearly Trump's way of bringing our trading partners to the table. He said this too. "They're all coming," he declared in a speech just this week. "They don't want to have those tariffs put on them, they're all coming to see us."

And so it was. On Thursday, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker agreed to negotiate with no preconditions for zero tariffs and subsidies. This may not be victory for Trump, but it's certainly a victory for him, the justification of his strategy and a confirmation of his skills.

How did our corrupt and dishonest press report it? The original headline in the New York Times (a former newspaper) read: With Surprise Deal, U.S. and E.U. Step Back From Trade War. Which raises the question: surprise to whom? Not to Trump. He said it was going to happen! A surprise only to the New York Times, so immersed in its own false narrative that reality takes them off guard. Likewise, the networks, who played the whole thing as if Trump had either backed down or blundered into the success he engineered and predicted

In the same vein, the press also virtually ignored evidence Trump had made progress with North Korea. And the Democrats attacked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for pointing out that Trump's tough Russia policies belied his words.

All of this makes for a complex world for the rest of us. We have a president who speaks like a negotiator, treating truth as a process, different at different stages. We have a news media so choked with leftist hatred and rage, it no longer has any commitment to the truth at all. How to know what's real and what's illusion?

Results are all we have to go by. As of right now, the negotiator is doing pretty damned well.
https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/trump- ... ress-lies/

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The volume of disinformation on the internet is growing so big that it is starting to crowd out real news, the Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee chairman has said.

Tory MP Damian Collins said people struggle to identify "fake news".

MPs in their committee report said the issue threatens democracy and called for tougher social network regulation.

The government said it plans to introduce a requirement for electoral adverts to have a "digital imprint".

This would mean that all political communications carried online would need to clearly identify who they were published by.

Labour said the government "needs to wake up to the new challenges we face and finally update electoral laws".

Something to think about in our social media

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

But who do we trust to determine what's real and what's fake? I certainly don't trust a government that locked up a man over exposing a major scandal of government officials ignoring pedophile rape gangs.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:But who do we trust to determine what's real and what's fake? I certainly don't trust a government that locked up a man over exposing a major scandal of government officials ignoring pedophile rape gangs.

Assume you are referring to Britain? They probably argued that even reporting on the rape gangs (and by extension lack of government action about such) was some species of "hate speech" which increasingly means whatever the powers that be say it means. The truth of such an exposure is literally not a defense from such a charge.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

hanelyp wrote:But who do we trust to determine what's real and what's fake? I certainly don't trust a government that locked up a man over exposing a major scandal of government officials ignoring pedophile rape gangs.
That is the Aletheia paradox.

williatw

Post by williatw »

China’s elite think Trump is winning and think China should give in the short run

The Director of the European Council of Foreign Relations, Mark Leonard, spent a week in Beijing talking to officials and intellectuals and he says many in Beijing are awed by Trumps skill as a strategist and tactician.

China’s elite think the US president’s goal is nothing less than remaking the global order.

They think Mr Trump feels he is presiding over the relative decline of his great nation. It is not that the current order does not benefit the US. The problem is that it benefits others more in relative terms. Current alliances and international institutions are constraining America and facilitating China’s rise.

In Chinese eyes, Mr Trump’s response is a form of “creative destruction”. He is systematically destroying the existing institutions — from the World Trade Organization and the North American Free Trade Agreement to Nato and the Iran nuclear deal — as a first step towards renegotiating the world order on terms more favorable to Washington.

Once the order is destroyed, the Chinese elite believes, Mr Trump will move to stage two: renegotiating America’s relationship with other powers. Because the US is still the most powerful country in the world, it will be able to negotiate with other countries from a position of strength if it deals with them one at a time rather than through multilateral institutions that empower the weak at the expense of the strong.

He is the first president for more than 40 years to bash China on three fronts simultaneously: trade, military and ideology. They describe him as a master tactician, focusing on one issue at a time, and extracting as many concessions as he can. They speak of the skilful way Mr Trump has treated President Xi Jinping. “Look at how he handled North Korea,” one says. “He got Xi Jinping to agree to UN sanctions [half a dozen] times, creating an economic stranglehold on the country. China almost turned North Korea into a sworn enemy of the country.” But they also see him as a strategist, willing to declare a truce in each area when there are no more concessions to be had, and then start again with a new front.

China’s elite feel that Mr Xi has over-reached and worry that it was a mistake simultaneously to antagonize the US economically and militarily in the South China Sea. They advocate economic concessions and a pullback from the aggressive tactics that have characterized China’s recent foreign policy.”

If these are truly the generally held views of the Chinese elite, which is likely the case, Xi’s reputation has already been significantly damaged.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/07/c ... t-run.html

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:The volume of disinformation on the internet is growing so big that it is starting to crowd out real news, the Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee chairman has said.

Tory MP Damian Collins said people struggle to identify "fake news".

MPs in their committee report said the issue threatens democracy and called for tougher social network regulation.

The government said it plans to introduce a requirement for electoral adverts to have a "digital imprint".

This would mean that all political communications carried online would need to clearly identify who they were published by.

Labour said the government "needs to wake up to the new challenges we face and finally update electoral laws".

Something to think about in our social media

And what is your opinion about this idea?
— Lord Melbourne —