Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

williatw

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by williatw »

ladajo wrote: I find it sadly amusing that there is a good chance that most of whom are romping around the streets right now probably did not vote, and a week ago had little to no clue that the electoral college existed. They have already demonstrated that they can't do simple math, ie. where the "538" comes from. They also can't accept that the inequities in congressional districts are addressed as part of the census every ten years, and that both major parties win and lose in that process.
The point (one of them anyway) of the electoral college is to blunt the effect of regional differences in population; as in the current prez election it prevented populous regions like California/NY for instance from completely running roughshod over less populous regions. Under the electoral college a win of a states' electors in most states is a win; doesn't matter how many votes over a majority Hillary received in NY or Calif., same no. of electors awarded. An effect noted by the left in their lament about Hillary allegedly winning the popular vote (although how much of the vote was from undocumented aliens or even dead people remains to be determined). The founders wanted a democratic republic not a democracy that would rapidly self-destruct. National elections dominated too much by a populous NY and California would quickly alienate much of the country; once again thank the wisdom of the framers.

ladajo wrote: I hope when term limits get addressed, that they include the ridiculous policies on congressional and presidential pensions. If I would have known years ago, I would have found a place to run as a two term congressmen, get my four years in congress, and then collect the lifetime check and benefits... instead I chose almost 30 years of military service. Silly me.
And while we are at it...you forgot to mention federal judges; no logical reason why any judgeship let alone a federal one should be a lifetime appointment. Two Senate terms say one 12 year lifetime appointment should be sufficient; no President be it Obama, Reagan, FDR, or Trump should have the power to shape the Federal judiciary (not just SCOTUS) for decades to come long after they are out of office.
Last edited by williatw on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

JohnP wrote:Ok.

Sure, Hillary is tiresome, maybe too ambitious and hard to relate to. But evil? Really?

See? This is what happens when you can't get real news from the networks.

Yes, Hillary is Evil. I can give you several examples, but i'll pick "Travelgate."

Fresh off her "Cattle Futures" bribe, she decides to fire the seven members of the White House Travel staff so that she can hire some of her cronies to take over their jobs. No, the jobs aren't the prize, it is the contracts for travel that their Travel businesses will get from the Federal Government. You see, the plan was that they would arrange White House Travel at exorbitant prices, which of course the Clintons do not balk at, wink wink, and then when the Federal Checks arrive, some of it gets kickedback to Hillary's new Cattle Future investments.

Problem was, the Washington Press had long known Billy Dale, and they liked him, so instead of doing the usual coverup they do for Democrats, they started asking embarrassing questions. Questions for which the Clinton White House had no good answers. Hillary was ground zero for the scandal, and she thrashed about for a way to get uncaught in her lies and machinations.

She came up with the idea to accuse the Travel Staff of "embezzlement", and then demanded that the FBI arrest and prosecute them. The FBI initially balked, but eventually did what Madame Borgia demanded.

Bill Dale was acquitted in two hours by a jury.

Bill Dale, Victim of Hillary, in center below.

So okay.

1. Fires people without the slightest consideration or remorse.
2. Puts together a conspiracy to defraud the government.
3. Lies about demonstrable facts concerning her role in the now discovered affair.
4. Tries to get innocent people prosecuted and sent to prison to throw up a smoke screen over her involvement.

Evil? Check!

And that's just one example of many. Here is another.

In fact, same M.O.

Mark Basseley Youssef, Victim of Hillary, being arrested below.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:This is what happens when you give a trophy to everybody. you do not know how to lose gracefully.
Second we replaced just a few men. The majority still stand in there places with with the same thought and plans as before the election. The president-elect does not even have the full support of his party.
So if your really worried about one man who was a democrat for most of his life, was supported and supported the democratic runner in 2008 and was their guest of honor at the clintons daughters wedding. You really do not understand how politics works.
I suggest you watch this video.
http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/rules-for-rulers

Yeah, i'm not enamored of him either. I think most people voted for Trump just to prevent that evil psychotic rage monster from getting her hands on power. It's a shame people can't get the rest of the news. They would have been better informed about what sort of despicable idiot she is.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote: And while we are at it...you forgot to mention federal judges; no logical reason why a any judgeship let alone a federal one should be a lifetime appointment. Two Senate terms say one 12 year lifetime appointment should be sufficient; no President Obama, Reagan, FDR, or Trump should have the power to shape the Federal judiciary (not just SCOTUS) for decades to come long after they are out of office.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

I have long argued that much of our dysfunction is the consequence of allowing FDR and Harry Truman 20 years of appointing left wing kook judges. (Advocates of that "Living Constitution" crap.)

The law schools thereafter had to follow kook doctrine, and they did.
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

JohnP wrote:Sure, Hillary is tiresome, maybe too ambitious and hard to relate to. But evil? Really?
The term "banality of evil" comes to mind...

Banal evil is characterized by a belief that what one is doing is not evil, rather, what they are engaging in is a behavior that is, or has been, normalized by the society in which they reside. The prime example, and the one from which Arendt realized there could be banal evil, is the Nazi Adolf Eichmann.Aug 8, 2015

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-defin ... ty-of-evil

Here..maybe this will help you "relate" to Hillary:

williatw wrote: Hillary Clinton: A TOP TEN Breakdown

Black Pigeon Speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfj5s5r7_14

williatw

Post by williatw »

JohnP wrote:Oh, and did you notice he owns up to nothing? But is happy to point to anyone else, and call them 'evil','corrupt','loser,' etc. That's called "projection." Sees something wrong with himself, but blames it on others. When someone does that, they get to avoid dealing with the worst of themselves for a while. It's not a virtue.
Doesn't readily accept responsibility for his own failures? Unlike say Hillary:

Clinton campaign blames James Comey for election loss

The Hillary Clinton campaign pinned blame on FBI Director James Comey for its stunning election night loss to Donald Trump.

Navin Nayak, the director of opinion research on the campaign, sent an email to senior staff Thursday evening outlining what it believed were the reasons for its loss. The email, which was first reported by Politico, was confirmed to Business Insider by a Clinton campaign staffer.

Nayak signaled in the email that the campaign believes two bombshells from Comey in the final days of the election helped swing the electorate toward Trump — an initial Comey letter to Congress that reactivated an investigation into Clinton's private email server, as well as a subsequent letter last Sunday that again cleared her of wrongdoing.
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11 ... /21604255/

How about the fault lies with Hillary's decision to use her private computer/E-mail server inappropriately for classified communications in the first place? After being repeatedly warned not to? Then lying repeatedly about the scope/severity of it? Misstating publically the FBI's initial finding months ago as "being exonerated" when that's not what Comey said? Rather than fault the guy (Comey) for actually trying to do his job and report it? Well because he could have waited and reported those pesky extra thousand(s) of newly found unsecured documents on Weiner's laptop until after the election that's why. Ultimately the American People decided using the ballot box how important (or not) the E-mail issue was; which is as it should be IMHO.
Last edited by williatw on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

When folks do not get the outcome they want, they then will normally attack the system or process, vice looking to themselves.

The less mature, the more this tends to occur.

Sadly, self reflection is a skill that our nation has been discouraging by decree for a number of decades. Everyone gets a trophy! Yay!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Re: lifetime appointments for federal judges, the intent was to insulate them from political pressure of seeking their next term. But that doesn't account for blatantly partisan to the soul judges being appointed and making it past Senate approval. The counter to that problem provided by the Constitution is impeachment, but when was the last time a judge was impeached for undermining the Constitution?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

When I was a kid, I recall some rusty old "Impeach Earl Warren" signs stuck along the road here and there. But signs was about as far as it went.

I recall eight years ago that some people were terribly upset that Obama won, and swore he was not their President. But I'm sure it was nobody in this open-minded forum, with people so committed to the tradition of electing a President.

Looking back further, I seem to recall there was some reluctance to accept a President who took office in 1861. How did that work out?

I'll take lifetime appointments over judges running for office every few years. That would make them as sickening as Congressmen and Senators.

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:Re: lifetime appointments for federal judges, the intent was to insulate them from political pressure of seeking their next term. But that doesn't account for blatantly partisan to the soul judges being appointed and making it past Senate approval. The counter to that problem provided by the Constitution is impeachment, but when was the last time a judge was impeached for undermining the Constitution?
Tom Ligon wrote:I'll take lifetime appointments over judges running for office every few years. That would make them as sickening as Congressmen and Senators.
With all due respect gentlemen we were discussing term limits; that is the federal judges (like the Trump proposed Congressional term limits Constitutional amendment mentioned by Ladajo) would be allowed in my thought one 12 year term (if appointed by President & confirmed by the Senate) and then that's it. No "running for office" either initially or after the 12 years. There would be no "next term" for the judge to worrying about getting, at least not a federal one. As an aside however in my State of Ohio judges do run for office; that is they appear on the ballot in state (& local) elections, seems to work okay.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

This little bit of skit sums it all up perfectly in my opinion

https://tinyurl.com/gl65adk
For your enjoyment and conteplation
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Tom Ligon wrote:When I was a kid, I recall some rusty old "Impeach Earl Warren" signs stuck along the road here and there. But signs was about as far as it went.

I recall eight years ago that some people were terribly upset that Obama won, and swore he was not their President. But I'm sure it was nobody in this open-minded forum, with people so committed to the tradition of electing a President.

Looking back further, I seem to recall there was some reluctance to accept a President who took office in 1861. How did that work out?

I'll take lifetime appointments over judges running for office every few years. That would make them as sickening as Congressmen and Senators.
If I recall correctly the reason for lifetime appointments of justices was a very good one. It provided a social control of the people to keep them from hopping on the current fad and making changes that would later be found unacceptable at large after time. sort of a moderator for a social reactor to keep it from running supercritical then exploding.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

williatw wrote: With all due respect gentlemen we were discussing term limits; that is the federal judges (like the Trump proposed Congressional term limits Constitutional amendment mentioned by Ladajo) would be allowed in my thought one 12 year term (if appointed by President & confirmed by the Senate) and then that's it. No "running for office" either initially or after the 12 years. There would be no "next term" for the judge to worrying about getting, at least not a federal one. As an aside however in my State of Ohio judges do run for office; that is they appear on the ballot in state (& local) elections, seems to work okay.
Interesting notion.

I will note that until recently, Supreme Court tradition was to take the appointment literally for life. You had to carry them out feet first. In recent years, a couple of them have realized that retirement is possible.

And a Pope even figured that out.

I would rather we not get into the habit of hounding them to quit. But if they'd like the dignity of not hanging on until they're drooling on their robes or can't remember the name of their clerk, that's maybe not such a bad change.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

I wish there was some objective way to score Supreme Court Judges performance without all the politics. A measurement could be used to ensure Judges aren't abusing lifetime appointment (of which I generally agree with for that court).

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Tom Ligon wrote:I recall eight years ago that some people were terribly upset that Obama won, and swore he was not their President. But I'm sure it was nobody in this open-minded forum, with people so committed to the tradition of electing a President.
I have never accepted the current occupant of the White House as a legitimate president. I believe the 2012 election was stolen with help from the IRS and other weaponized departments of the government. Had Hillary stolen the election, and I mean stolen as there is no way someone with her record could honestly win, I would not accept her. But unlike some idiots opposing Trump I'm not out there rioting, looting, and assaulting people over it.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.