Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by hanelyp »

It makes a big difference when tyrants and despots have reason to be afraid of pushing the gentle giant too far. We had that with Reagan, and it appears we have it again with Trump.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:It makes a big difference when tyrants and despots have reason to be afraid of pushing the gentle giant too far. We had that with Reagan, and it appears we have it again with Trump.
Or put in Urban inner city terms...it sometimes helps if people think your a bit "crazy"; as in "Don't mess with old man Trump that dude will kill you!"

Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have frick with? That's me.
Actor: Clint Eastwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny6SJCNUzqY
Last edited by williatw on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

williatw

Post by williatw »

It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me

By Sharyl Attkisson, opinion contributor — 09/20/17 08:30 AM EDT
Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”
Many in the media are diving deeply into minutiae in order to discredit any notion that President Trump might have been onto something in March when he fired off a series of tweets claiming President Obama had “tapped” “wires” in Trump Tower just before the election.

According to media reports this week, the FBI did indeed “wiretap” the former head of Trump’s campaign, Paul Manafort, both before and after Trump was elected. If Trump officials — or Trump himself — communicated with Manafort during the wiretaps, they would have been recorded, too.

But we’re missing the bigger story.

If these reports are accurate, it means U.S. intelligence agencies secretly surveilled at least a half dozen Trump associates. And those are just the ones we know about

Besides Manafort, the officials include former Trump advisers Carter Page and Michael Flynn. Last week, we discovered multiple Trump “transition officials” were “incidentally” captured during government surveillance of a foreign official. We know this because former Obama adviser Susan Rice reportedly admitted “unmasking,” or asking to know the identities of, the officials. Spying on U.S. citizens is considered so sensitive, their names are supposed to be hidden or “masked,” even inside the government, to protect their privacy.

In May, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates acknowledged they, too, reviewed communications of political figures, secretly collected under President Obama.

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/statu ... -did-to-me

Weaponization of intel agencies?

Nobody wants our intel agencies to be used like the Stasi in East Germany; the secret police spying on its own citizens for political purposes. The prospect of our own NSA, CIA and FBI becoming politically weaponized has been shrouded by untruths, accusations and justifications.

You’ll recall DNI Clapper falsely assured Congress in 2013 that the NSA was not collecting “any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans.”

Intel agencies secretly monitored conversations of members of Congress while the Obama administration negotiated the Iran nuclear deal.

In 2014, the CIA got caught spying on Senate Intelligence Committee staffers, though CIA Director John Brennan had explicitly denied that.

There were also wiretaps on then-Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in 2011 under Obama. The same happened under President George W. Bush to former Congresswoman Jane Harman (D-Calif.).

Journalists have been targeted, too. This internal email, exposed by WikiLeaks, should give everyone chills. It did me.

Dated Sept. 21, 2010, the “global intelligence” firm Stratfor wrote:

[John] Brennan [then an Obama Homeland Security adviser] is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources.

Note -- There is specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode...

The government subsequently got caught monitoring journalists at Fox News, The Associated Press, and, as I allege in a federal lawsuit, my computers while I worked as an investigative correspondent at CBS News. On Aug. 7, 2013, CBS News publicly announced:

… correspondent Sharyl Attkisson’s computer was hacked by ‘an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions,’ confirming Attkisson’s previous revelation of the hacking.

Then, as now, instead of getting the bigger story, some in the news media and quasi-news media published false and misleading narratives pushed by government interests. They implied the computer intrusions were the stuff of vivid imagination, conveniently dismissed forensic evidence from three independent examinations that they didn’t review. All seemed happy enough to let news of the government’s alleged unlawful behavior fade away, rather than get to the bottom of it.

I have spent more than two years litigating against the Department of Justice for the computer intrusions. Forensics have revealed dates, times and methods of some of the illegal activities. The software used was proprietary to a federal intel agency. The intruders deployed a keystroke monitoring program, accessed the CBS News corporate computer system, listened in on my conversations by activating the computer’s microphone and used Skype to exfiltrate files.

We survived the government’s latest attempt to dismiss my lawsuit. There’s another hearing Friday. To date, the Trump Department of Justice — like the Obama Department of Justice — is fighting me in court and working to keep hidden the identities of those who accessed a government internet protocol address found in my computers.

Evidence continues to build. I recently filed new information unearthed through forensic exams. As one expert told the court, it was “not a mistake; it is not a random event; and it is not technically possible for these IP addresses to simply appear on her computer systems without activity by someone using them as part of the cyber-attack.”

Patterns

It’s difficult not to see patterns in the government’s behavior, unless you’re wearing blinders.
•The intelligence community secretly expanded its authority in 2011 so it can monitor innocent U.S. citizens like you and me for doing nothing more than mentioning a target’s name a single time.
•In January 2016, a top secret inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse.
•In 2016, Obama officials searched through intelligence on U.S. citizens a record 30,000 times, up from 9,500 in 2013.
•Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”

Officials involved in the surveillance and unmasking of U.S. citizens have said their actions were legal and not politically motivated. And there are certainly legitimate areas of inquiry to be made by law enforcement and intelligence agencies. But look at the patterns. It seems that government monitoring of journalists, members of Congress and political enemies — under multiple administrations — has become more common than anyone would have imagined two decades ago. So has the unmasking of sensitive and highly protected names by political officials.

Those deflecting with minutiae are missing the point. To me, they sound like the ones who aren’t thinking.

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351 ... -did-to-me

williatw

Post by williatw »

Trump is reportedly talking about Supreme Court justices' health issues, privately predicting he'll be able to appoint 4

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
President Donald Trump has already appointed one Supreme Court justice, and is reportedly telling people he believes he will appoint three more.

Multiple sources told Axios' Jonathan Swan that Trump is openly predicting he'll be able to fill four Supreme Court seats as president.

One of Trump's signature victories as president has been the appointment of Justice Neil Gorsuch, who filled a seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in 2016. The open seat caused controversy, as Scalia died during Barack Obama's presidency. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell worked to allow the next president to fill the position.

Justice Anthony Kennedy — who is 81 years old — is rumored to be thinking about retirement. Trump, according to Axios, also thinks he'll be able to replace Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor, citing their health.

Talking about Ginsburg, one source told Axios, Trump said, "What does she weigh? 60 pounds?" Ginsburg is 84 years old.

Trump has talked about Sotomayor's Type 1 diabetes, according to Axios, telling the source, "Her health ... no good. Diabetes."

Sotomayor was appointed by Obama and is one of the younger justices on the court at 63 years old.

If Trump was able to replace Kennedy, Ginsburg, and Sotomayor, he could radically change the makeup of the Supreme Court.

Kennedy was appointed by Republican President Ronald Reagan and is a moderate conservative, often providing the deciding vote on 5-4 decisions.

Both Ginsburg and Sotomayor were appointed by Democrats — Bill Clinton and Obama, respectively — and are considered liberal justices. Even replacing one would allow Trump to shift the balance of the court to the right.

Justice Stephen Breyer, another liberal, is 79 years old.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... id=U218DHP

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ruth G has reported replied to trump picking her replacement after retirement was "The only way that will happen is if I leave the court feet first"
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:Ruth G has reported replied to trump picking her replacement after retirement was "The only way that will happen is if I leave the court feet first"
Think that is kinda Trump's intention:
Talking about Ginsburg, one source told Axios, Trump said, "What does she weigh? 60 pounds?" Ginsburg is 84 years old.
Meaning...how long do you think she will last? The rest of Trump's first term? And if he (Trump) gets reelected think she would last until the end of the 2nd term? Of course by then you might conceivably have a Democratic Senate so who knows how it will play out.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

She goes to the gym every day, If her and trump had a pushup contest I would put my money on her.
:D :D
I really do not think trump will be a two termer but then again if the dems were to run Hillary again....
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Seriously, Ginsburg looks like a walking corpse.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:Seriously, Ginsburg looks like a walking corpse.
Would have to agree. And she had pancreatic cancer a few years back (although they said they caught it early). Doubt she will last Trump's full first term; think they (the dems) are hoping to flip the Senate after the 2018 elections; she might last that long.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Gag order lifted: DOJ says informant can speak to Congress on Uranium One, Russia bribery case with Clinton links

In a statement, the department said it had authorized the informant to speak to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, House Oversight Committee, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, in addition to select staffers.

The department said the informant could provide “any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market,” including Russian company Rosatom, subsidiary Tenex, Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 ... =obnetwork

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

“If that fuc king bastard wins, we all hang from nooses!” – Hillary Clinton
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

MSimon wrote:“If that fuc king bastard wins, we all hang from nooses!” – Hillary Clinton
Treason much?
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

The PAX AMERICANA, PetroDollar and Coming CRISIS in the GULF

Black Pigeon Speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFbQ9omxaU

williatw

Post by williatw »

Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton

'We came, we saw, he died,' she joked. But overthrowing Gadhafi was a humanitarian and strategic debacle that now limits our options on North Korea.
Black Africans are being sold in open-air slave markets, and it’s Hillary Clinton’s fault. But you won’t hear much about that from the news media or the foreign-policy pundits, so let me explain.

Footage from Libya, released recently by CNN, showed young men from sub-Saharan Africa being auctioned off as farm workers in slave markets.

And how did we get to this point? As the BBC reported back in May, “Libya has been beset by chaos since NATO-backed forces overthrew long-serving ruler Col. Moammar Gadhafi in October 2011.”

And who was behind that overthrow? None other than then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Under President George W. Bush in 2003, the United States negotiated an agreement with Libyan strongman Gadhafi. The deal: He would give up his weapons of mass destruction peacefully, and we wouldn’t try to depose him.

That seemed a good deal at the time, but the Obama administration didn’t stick to it. Instead, in an operation spearheaded by Clinton, the United States went ahead and toppled him anyway.

The overthrow turned out to be a debacle. Libya exploded into chaos and civil war, and refugees flooded Europe, destabilizing governments there. But at the time, Clinton thought it was a great triumph — "We came, we saw, he died,” she joked about Gadhafi’s overthrow — and adviser Sidney Blumenthal encouraged her to tout her "successful strategy" as evidence of her fitness for the highest office in the land.

It’s surprising the extent to which Clinton has gotten a pass for this debacle, which represents a humanitarian and strategic failure of the first order. (And, of course, the damage is still compounding: How likely is North Korea’s Kim Jong Un to give up his nuclear weapons after seeing the worthlessness of U.S. promises to Gadhafi?)

Back during his brief stint in the Democratic primary, former senator James Webb raised the issue, saying America "blew the lid off of a series of tribal engagements. You can't get to the Tripoli airport right now, much less Benghazi." But as the Libya disaster continues to unfold, Clinton’s role in it gets surprisingly little attention.

Maybe it’s buried under the other Clinton/Obama debacles in the Middle East, such as the botched Syrian policy that The Washington Post’s Fred Hiatt called ”a humanitarian and cultural disaster of epochal proportions.” Remember President Obama’s “red line” that Syria crossed, and that Obama didn’t enforce?

That led to a destabilizing flood of refugees hitting Europe, too.

And, of course, there’s the Yemen policy, which Obama bragged about as a model for the war on terror. But now Yemen is another war-wracked humanitarian and strategic disaster.

Still, Libya is in a class of its own. In Syria and Yemen, at least, the situation was already bad. Libya, before Clinton got involved, was comparatively stable and no strategic threat to the United States or its allies. Now it’s a shambles, with people literally being sold in slave markets.

Back in the 2012 presidential campaign, President Biden told a group of African Americans that the GOP was going to "put you all back in chains." But it turned out that it was Clinton’s policies that led to black people being sold. As some ponder another Hillary Clinton run in 2020, that’s worth pointing out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 895853001/

williatw

Post by williatw »

Public Lies, Private Truths: Why Communism FELL & Trump WON

Black Pigeon Speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--fNMx86c8