Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:So she just bragged about how she committed murder? :D :D :D :D :D :D

These are not rational people. If she thinks about it at all, she probably thinks the law does not recognize her "voodoo" as real, and so therefore she has not actually admitted to anything prosecutable against her.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Well, I think I understand Diogenes better now.

And it explains a lot.

He thinks voodoo is real.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Tom Ligon wrote:Well, I think I understand Diogenes better now.

And it explains a lot.

Say WHAT? I get nothing like that from Diogenes' statement. He's relating the apparent state of mind of someone who believes in voodoo.

As for the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, I rate it consistent with the known character of the accused persons, but lacking in solid evidence.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

And it explains a lot.

Voodoo is real to those that believe.
and the list could go on and on. Anything is real in the mind of the believer "May the force be with you always" :wink:
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Wait! What?
Look, somebody better clarify if VooDoo is real or not. When I saw it in that James Bond documentary, it sure looked real enough to me damnit!
You guys are muddying the waters here.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

williatw

Post by williatw »

ladajo wrote:Wait! What?
Look, somebody better clarify if VooDoo is real or not. When I saw it in that James Bond documentary, it sure looked real enough to me damnit!
With respect to the "socialite" who believes she "voodoo hexed" someone(s) allegedly to death...if you believe in voodoo and the authorities can prove you believe in it, wouldn't attempting to "voodoo" someone to death be attempted murder? Couldn't they (the authorities) argue that your intent to inflict grievous harm on someone is sufficient to meet the standard of attempted murder regardless of whether the method attempted (voodoo) is deemed scientifically/legally credible?

williatw

Post by williatw »

Atheism isn't Edgy or Amazing- It's Dying Out Worldwide

Black Pigeon Speaks

Apparently atheism is dying out worldwide..... who would have guessed that if you don't believe in anything you tend to have a low fertility rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

And it explains a lot.

What could I have possibly said that left you with that sort of impression? The only alternative explanation for your response of which I can think, is that this is a just an unserious ad hominem which you are throwing at me, for reasons about which I am unclear.

What have I ever done to you?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
ladajo wrote:Wait! What?
With respect to the "socialite" who believes she "voodoo hexed" someone(s) allegedly to death...if you believe in voodoo and the authorities can prove you believe in it, wouldn't attempting to "voodoo" someone to death be attempted murder? Couldn't they (the authorities) argue that your intent to inflict grievous harm on someone is sufficient to meet the standard of attempted murder regardless of whether the method attempted (voodoo) is deemed scientifically/legally credible?

No. Though you might have the intent, "Voodoo" is not recognized by any rational person as a means of carrying out any such intent.

(Unless it includes poisoning them with puffer fish toxin or some such similar pharmacological effect.)
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:

And it explains a lot.

Say WHAT? I get nothing like that from Diogenes' statement. He's relating the apparent state of mind of someone who believes in voodoo.

Thank you.

hanelyp wrote: As for the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, I rate it consistent with the known character of the accused persons, but lacking in solid evidence.

That's where I'm at. Lots of weird circumstantial evidence, but no smoking gun, coupled with "I wouldn't put it past them".
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Diogenes wrote: These are not rational people. If she thinks about it at all, she probably thinks the law does not recognize her "voodoo" as real, and so therefore she has not actually admitted to anything prosecutable against her.
We may have a problem here with pronouns. What "she" were you referring to?

I read this as you responding to this one:
Hillary book thing: wrote:It was a dumb mistake. But an even dumber “scandal.” It was like quicksand: the more you struggle, the deeper you sink. At times, I thought I must be going crazy. Other times, I was sure it was the world that had gone nuts. Sometimes I snapped at my staff. I was tempted to make voodoo dolls of certain members of the press and Congress and stick them full of pins. Mostly, I was furious at myself.
... but it was preceded by
Sally Quinn thing: wrote:Some friends have voiced reservations that Quinn is now showing all her cards, so to speak. “Don’t play up the voodoo too much,” one implored. But Sally does nothing by halves. She reveals that, in her less mellow days, she put hexes on three people who promptly wound up having their lives ruined, or ended.
Not that either one would be admissible in court as proof of murder or attempted murder. At least not in this country. And your last post confirms that you agree, so I'm not sure why you made that statement "she probably thinks the law does not recognize her "voodoo" as real, and so therefore she has not actually admitted to anything prosecutable against her."

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: These are not rational people. If she thinks about it at all, she probably thinks the law does not recognize her "voodoo" as real, and so therefore she has not actually admitted to anything prosecutable against her.
We may have a problem here with pronouns. What "she" were you referring to?

I am of course referring to Sally Quinn, and the fact that I am referring to her can easily be derived from the context of the message to which I was responding. This is the message to which I was responding.
paperburn1 wrote:So she just bragged about how she committed murder? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since Sally Quinn is the only one that asserted that she had killed people through voodoo, she must be the object of my statement.

Tom Ligon wrote: Not that either one would be admissible in court as proof of murder or attempted murder. At least not in this country. And your last post confirms that you agree, so I'm not sure why you made that statement "she probably thinks the law does not recognize her "voodoo" as real, and so therefore she has not actually admitted to anything prosecutable against her."

My point was that she may very well believe in voodoo, but she is likely knowledgeable enough to recognize that the legal system does not, therefore it is no real danger to her if she brags about killing people with voodoo.

That people possess cognitive dissonance in which one of their beliefs is incompatible with another of their beliefs, is a phenomena that I have found to be quite common among many people. Many of us have no difficulty in believing mutually exclusive things at the same time.
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:No. Though you might have the intent, "Voodoo" is not recognized by any rational person as a means of carrying out any such intent.
You are probably right there.... but there is this:
Attempted Murder Law and Legal Definition

In order for a person to be guilty of attempted murder, that person should have deliberately, intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life, attempted to kill someone. There should be some substantial step towards committing the crime.
Okay all well and good but now to the meat of my argument:

(b) Impossibility. It shall not be a defense to a charge of attempt that because of a misapprehension of the circumstances it would have been impossible for the accused to commit the offense attempted.

The "misapprehension of the circumstances" is that she (the socialite) thought voodoo would work in spite of it's "impossibility"....therefore her use of the "hex" was attempted murder regardless of there being no rationally acceptable way it could have succeeded. Of course she further muddies the waters by stating in writing that the person subsequently died, which she attributed to said "hex". Also she said she repeated the "offense" of the "hex" on other people with the same result. I think the real reason is no prosecutor would want to be associated with the "voodoo hex" attempted murder trial for fear of being labeled a laughing stock by the media.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/attempted-murder/
Last edited by williatw on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Diogenes wrote:
TDPerk wrote:
TDPerk wrote:
To the rational it is very far fetched, no possibility of it even being worth reporting -- other than by way moving to have it's believers committed as being violently insane. Which at least one is.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2016/1213 ... ison-Welch
Are there pedophiles in high places? Yes there are. Is anything about Pizzagate evidence of them? No, nothing about it is.

That's a pretty broad statement trying to prove a negative. The stuff i've seen looks like some sort of evidence that there are strange goings-on that appears to revolve around children. Lots of weird coincidences that don't make much sense.

TDPerk wrote: I have seen more evidence for example at Instapundit, that Trump! is an aficionado of underage sexual exploits than there is any evidence that anything about Pizzagate is real.

Really? I must have missed that. Where did you see this information that Trump was involved in "underaged sexual exploits."

TDPerk wrote: Trump! is a slime, fraud, thief, and liar.

Even if I agreed with you on this (which I don't) I would still say it constitutes a dramatic improvement over Obama. At least Trump isn't a fool.

TDPerk wrote: He only, barely, won against Hillary because Hillary is so bad.

Barely won? He won 304 to 227. Now that it has recently been revealed that the vote in New Hampshire was fraudulent and that Hillary's victory there is the result of 5,000 fraudulent votes cast being cast in that state, we can change the score to 308 to 223, which makes his vote even more substantial.

It wasn't even close, and yes, Hillary was incredibly bad. Worse than Obama, because she had been getting away with her corruption for a lot longer than he had.
Yes, barely won, because he barely flipped the Dem states he flipped.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
Diogenes wrote:No. Though you might have the intent, "Voodoo" is not recognized by any rational person as a means of carrying out any such intent.
You are probably right there.... but there is this:
Attempted Murder Law and Legal Definition

In order for a person to be guilty of attempted murder, that person should have deliberately, intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life, attempted to kill someone. There should be some substantial step towards committing the crime.
Okay all well and good but now to the meat of my argument:

(b) Impossibility. It shall not be a defense to a charge of attempt that because of a misapprehension of the circumstances it would have been impossible for the accused to commit the offense attempted.

The "misapprehension of the circumstances" is that is she (the socialite) thought voodoo would work in spite of it's "impossibility"....therefore her use of the "hex" was attempted murder regardless of there being no rationally acceptable way it could have succeeded. Of course she further muddies the waters by stating in writing that the person subsequently died, which she attributed to said "hex". Also she said she repeated the "offense" of the "hex" on other people with the same result. I think the real reason is no prosecutor would want to be associated with the "voodoo hex" attempted murder trial for fear of being labeled a laughing stock by the media.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/attempted-murder/

Legality often boils down to parsing the meaning of words. While her belief in the power of what she was doing might constitute legal intent, and while legal definition of "attempt" might encompass "impossible" means, I think you are right in arguing that no prosecutor would attempt this, and I further add that no jury would buy it.

I think my point still stands. Despite legal definitions, Sally Quinn was confident that she would never be prosecuted for "hexing" people, and therefore she has no fear in admitting it.
— Lord Melbourne —