Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by Tom Ligon »

Diogenes wrote:
So for this event in relation to the "Russians hacked the election" meme, i'll put you down as a "no."

If you go back to the origin of this, I was not talking about Russians hacking the election, but Trump kissing up to Putin. I was talking about Trump damning himself with his own words, which his clueless base lapped up and thought was just wonderful. So you may not put that down as a "no", as it was not on the subject of Russian hacking at all.
Diogenes wrote: Every time I hear people going on about the "Russians Hacking the election!" all I can think of is "Witch!"

So, you have blinders on. You can imagine that the media have an agenda but not that our foes do. You're not even curious enough to investigate. Breitbart says "Witch Hunt" and you echo the chant. You can't even "think of" anything else. That's pretty limited thinking for a conspiracy theorist.

What I still want to know is just exactly when is our Fearless Leader going to get moving and formulate some things that do good for the nation.

For the last few days he's not been too bad. The people he likes to call The Swamp have, after years of bungling, managed to put together a somewhat rational response to natural disasters, and he's signing off on what they ask for. And apparently he's enjoying it.

Now, how about some rational tax reform (and not just breaks for his rich buddies and his own shady real estate deals)? How about actually working on health insurance and getting together that wonderful plan he talked about in the campaign (when he evidently had no idea of the difference between health insurance, whole life insurance, and term life insurance)? There's a long list of stuff that takes more thought than a string of maniac tweets to criticize the party he claims to belong to for not passing his agenda, when in fact he's never had more of a plan for any of this beyond a page or two of talking points.

I didn't want Clinton because she's a total incompetent and every job she's had has been trash. But seriously, what has Trump done except tweet that everything is a disaster?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:LFT = North Korea's "Little Fat Teenager", a great leader...

Thanks. Couldn't figure out that acronym and the internet was no help.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

FYI A Russian agent provocateur would be a comrade not a tovarisch and if you were trying to imply close friendship you should have used drug - pronounced like "droog"
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
So for this event in relation to the "Russians hacked the election" meme, i'll put you down as a "no."

If you go back to the origin of this, I was not talking about Russians hacking the election, but Trump kissing up to Putin. I was talking about Trump damning himself with his own words, which his clueless base lapped up and thought was just wonderful. So you may not put that down as a "no", as it was not on the subject of Russian hacking at all.

My entry into this discussion was the result of your "I certainly hope we can get thru then next election without any more shenanigans from Moscow." comment.

I asked
What shenanigans did Moscow pull in the election?
I narrowed the focus of my inquiry to this particular point. It may not have been the point of your larger discussion, but it was the particular point on which I wished to hear your evidence to support it.

You see, I considered it to be a deliberate piece of propaganda that needed to be exposed as a piece of deliberate propaganda, and I had only recently read that the "Russians hacked the election!" meme had been pretty much destroyed by the write up in "the Nation" and other sources, and so I was surprised to see anyone still trying to spread this bit of propaganda.

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: Every time I hear people going on about the "Russians Hacking the election!" all I can think of is "Witch!"

So, you have blinders on.

The very opposite, as indicated by my information about the incorrect allegations of the Russians hacking the DNC. I am more reliably informed about what is going on with this issue than are most Americans.

Tom Ligon wrote:
You can imagine that the media have an agenda but not that our foes do.

I have no doubt that our foes (and i'm intrigued by your portraying Russia as a current "foe") have agenda's, but from what I can tell, Russia's agenda would be far better served with a Hitlery Presidency than a Trump Presidency. Why would they act contrary to their own interests?

Tom Ligon wrote: You're not even curious enough to investigate. Breitbart says "Witch Hunt" and you echo the chant.

If there has been some evidence that would warrant an investigation, I might be interested in seeing one, but the thing smelled like a load of political propaganda from the beginning, I have absolutely no illusions about how the media conduct themselves and which side they are on, and the means of accomplishing a "hack" of the election were never presented in any manner that was comprehensible to me.

Also, you are making another accusation with your "Breitbart" reference. I do not read Breitbart, yet somehow you think it has a bearing on what I think? Apparently "Breitbart" has become the new bogey man in some circles, and I'm really not sure why. I didn't realize any significant number of people were even paying attention to it.

Tom Ligon wrote:
You can't even "think of" anything else. That's pretty limited thinking for a conspiracy theorist.

I'm not sure what "conspiracy theory" you are trying to assert here, but the social circles of Urbanites in Media is pretty much known to anyone who follows politics, as is their affinity for Democrat Party officials, and Government power brokers.

That the "glitterati" all hang out with each other and consider themselves to be the creme de la creme of American society is also not a secret. That they all tend to think alike is more a consequence of social pressure and "group think" than any sort of "conspiracy."

Tom Ligon wrote: What I still want to know is just exactly when is our Fearless Leader going to get moving and formulate some things that do good for the nation.

Not being Hillary is so far the best thing he has accomplished for the good of the nation.

Tom Ligon wrote: For the last few days he's not been too bad. The people he likes to call The Swamp have, after years of bungling, managed to put together a somewhat rational response to natural disasters, and he's signing off on what they ask for. And apparently he's enjoying it.

I see Texans taking care of their own. I'm sure the feds are doing stuff too, but i'm not seeing where they ought to get a lot of credit for finally getting some of their disaster response stuff right. Perhaps Trump inspired them to do better.

Tom Ligon wrote:
I didn't want Clinton because she's a total incompetent and every job she's had has been trash. But seriously, what has Trump done except tweet that everything is a disaster?

This guy made a list.

What has Donald Trump done since he has been in office!!!
1.Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch
2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria.
3.He took us out of TPP
4.Illegal immigration is now down 70%( the lowest in 17 years)
5.Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index125.6
6.Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a 7 year high.
7.Arranged 20% Tariff on soft lumber from Canada.
8.Bids for border wall are well underway.
9.Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord.
10.Keystone pipeline approved.
11.NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%
12.Allowing VA to terminate bad employees.
13.Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans.
14.More than 600,000. Jobs created
15. Median household income at a 7 year high.
16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever In its history.
17. China agreed to American import of beef.
18. $89 Billion saved in regulation rollbacks.
19. Rollback of A Regulation to boost coal mining.
20. MOAB for ISIS
21. Travel ban reinstated.
22. Executive order for religious freedom.
23. Jump started NASA
24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget.
25. Targeting of MS13 gangs
26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants.
27. Signed legislative 41 bills to date.
28. Created a commission on child trafficking
29. Created a commission on voter fraud
30. Created a commission for opioids addiction.

31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients.
32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007.
33. Historic Black College University initiative
34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act
35. Created an office or illegal immigrant crime victims.
36. Reversed Dodd-Frank
37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning
38. Order to stop crime against law enforcement.
39. End of DAPA program.
40. Stopped companies from moving out of America.
41. Promoted businesses to create American Jobs.
42. Encouraged country to once again ‘Buy American and hire American .
43. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they are America first
44.Cutting regulations 2 for every one created.
45. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years.
46 $78 Billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota...
47. Denied FBI a new building.
48. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation.
49. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll.
50. Dept of treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017(2nd largest in history.)
51. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt.
52. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.
53. Signed An Executive Order To Promote Energy Independence And Economic Growth.
54. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people’s lives than any President in the history of America.
55. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.
56. Has given head executive of each branches 6 month time Frame dated March 15 2017, to trim the fat. restructure and improve efficacy of their branch. (Observe the pushback, the leaks, & the lies as entrenched POWER refuses to go silently into that good night!)
57. No Fed Funds to Sanctuary Cities.
58. Lastly, Refused his Presidential Pay Check, donated it to Veterans issues.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:On the other hand, Hillary's travails are not necessarily over. FBI is stonewalling on releasing whatever quantity of her emails that have so far been recovered, but there are people going to court to force them to release them.

FBI says lack of public interest in Hillary emails justifies withholding documents

“I’m just stunned. This is exactly what I would have expected had Mrs. Clinton won the election, but she didn’t. It looks like the Obama administration is still running the FBI,” Mr. Clevenger told The Washington Times.
Hillary Clinton’s case isn’t interesting enough to the public to justify releasing the FBI’s files on her, the bureau said this week in rejecting an open-records request by a lawyer seeking to have the former secretary of state punished for perjury.

Ty Clevenger has been trying to get Mrs. Clinton and her personal attorneys disbarred for their handling of her official emails during her time as secretary of state. He’s met with resistance among lawyers, and now his request for information from the FBI’s files has been shot down.

“You have not sufficiently demonstrated that the public’s interest in disclosure outweighs personal privacy interests of the subject,” FBI records management section chief David M. Hardy told Mr. Clevenger in a letter Monday.
“It is incumbent upon the requester to provide documentation regarding the public’s interest in the operations and activities of the government before records can be processed pursuant to the FOIA,” Mr. Hardy wrote.

Mrs. Clinton, is the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, former chief diplomat, former U.S. senator, and former first lady of both the U.S. and Arkansas.

Her use of a secret email account to conduct government business while leading the State Department was front-page news for much of 2015 and 2016, and was so striking that the then-FBI director broke with procedure and made both a public statement and appearances before Congress to talk about the bureau’s probe

In the end, the FBI didn’t recommend charges against Mrs. Clinton, concluding that while she risked national security, she was too technologically inept to know the dangers she was running, so no case could be made against her.

The FBI says it will only release records from its files if a subject consents, is dead, or is of such public interest that it overrides privacy concerns.

Mr. Clevenger said he thought it would have been clear why Mrs. Clinton’s case was of public interest, but he sent documentation anyway, pointing to a request by members of Congress for an investigation into whether Mrs. Clinton perjured herself in testimony to Capitol Hill.

“I’m just stunned. This is exactly what I would have expected had Mrs. Clinton won the election, but she didn’t. It looks like the Obama administration is still running the FBI,” Mr. Clevenger told The Washington Times.

“How can a story receive national news coverage and not be a matter of public interest? If this is the new standard, then there’s no such thing as a public interest exception,” he said.

The FBI didn’t provide comment Tuesday when asked how it balances public interest versus privacy in open-records requests.

Seeking to clear up any confusion over the level of public interest, one person forwarded to The Washington Times a petition started on the White House website to demand release of the documents.

“The assumption made by Mr. Hardy that such a release is not in the public interest is invalid and the FBI should immediately release these documents,” said the petition, started by user “C.S.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -withhold/

choff

Post by choff »

As quoted by a CNN'er, Russiagate is a nothingburger.
CHoff

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

While your list is impressive it is just not 100 percent accurate. I could pick it apart but what is the point. But per example all the veterans benefits you claim he gave have been in place for years. all he did was remove the sunset date.
He gives his salary to various organizations but he cut their budgets by millions ;that 40000 dollar monthly check does not make up for that and he is not the first to do this.
There are some things that are trump and trump only but most are him continuing programs already in place.
Circus shoes, shiny on the top but covered in animal poop on the bottom.

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:While your list is impressive it is just not 100 percent accurate.
It (the list) isn't meant to be "100 percent accurate" per see...it is intended as a strong rebuttal to the lefty biased MSNBC (Joe/Mika/etc.) argument that Trump hasn't accomplished "anything" since being inaugurated. As such there is still much on that list that clearly Trump deserves credit for.

williatw

Post by williatw »

James Comey started drafting statement exonerating Hillary Clinton before FBI interviewed her, aides

Former FBI Director James Comey started to draft a statement exonerating Hillary Clinton in the bureau's investigation into her use of a private email server before the FBI interviewed her or her key witnesses, the Senate Judiciary Committee said Thursday.

"Conclusion first, fact-gathering second — that's no way to run an investigation. The FBI should be held to a higher standard than that, especially in a matter of such great public interest and controversy," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Judiciary Subcommittee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said in a letter to the FBI.

The Judiciary Committee reviewed transcripts, which were heavily redacted, indicating Comey began drafting the exoneration statement in April or May 2016, before the FBI interviewed up to 17 key witnesses, including Clinton and some of her close aides.

Comey's work on the statement also came before the Justice Department entered into immunity agreements with Cheryl Mills, Clinton's chief of staff while she was Secretary of State, and Heather Samuelson, who served as the State Department's White House liaison.

Comey announced in July 2016 the FBI wouldn't recommend criminal charges against Clinton.

Democrats in Congress alleged last fall that Comey's actions in the FBI's investigation into Clinton's email use violated the Hatch Act, which caused the Office of Special Counsel to launch an investigation.

During its investigation, the Office of Special Counsel interviewed James Rybicki, Comey's chief of staff, and Trisha Anderson, the principal deputy general counsel of national security and cyberlaw, who were close to Comey at the FBI.

The Office of Special Counsel shared those interview transcripts at Grassley's urging after Comey was fired.

In their interview with Anderson, the Office of Special Counsel asked when she first learned Comey was planning to make a public statement about the Clinton investigation.

"I'm not entirely sure exactly when the idea of the public statement first emerged," Anderson said. "It was, I can't, I can't put a precise timeframe on it, but [redacted] ... And then I believe it was in early May of 2016 that the director himself wrote a draft of that statement."

In his interview, Rybicki told the Office of Special Counsel that Comey emailed several people in the spring "to say, you know, again knowing sort of where—knowing the direction the investigation is headed, right, what would be the most forward-leaning thing we could do."

When asked whether the Comey statement was drafted in either April or early May, before Clinton herself was interviewed by the FBI, Rybicki said that was correct.

In their letter to the FBI, Grassley and Graham requested drafts of Comey's statement closing the Clinton email investigation, including his initial draft from April or May and his final statement. The senators also asked for all records related to communications from FBI officials related to Comey's draft statement, and records provided to the Office of Special Counsel.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/james ... le/2633095

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

williatw wrote:James Comey started drafting statement exonerating Hillary Clinton before FBI interviewed her, aides

Former FBI Director James Comey started to draft a statement exonerating Hillary Clinton in the bureau's investigation into her use of a private email server before the FBI interviewed her or her key witnesses, the Senate Judiciary Committee said Thursday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/james ... le/2633095
Same time frame as the DOJ meeting on the tarmac. hmm

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:FYI A Russian agent provocateur would be a comrade not a tovarisch and if you were trying to imply close friendship you should have used drug - pronounced like "droog"

Being bad at Russian is all part of my cover. :)
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:While your list is impressive it is just not 100 percent accurate. I could pick it apart but what is the point. But per example all the veterans benefits you claim he gave have been in place for years. all he did was remove the sunset date.

Not my list. I grabbed it from another site where someone else compiled it. A lot of what I noticed seemed accurate, so even if you crop off the parts that aren't quite right, it's still a pretty impressive list.

My point was that the Media have created an illusion of a Trump presidency in Chaos and in which nothing is getting done. Since most people rely on the New York based Lying system known as the "Media" , they might not be aware of the truth of what has been going on. The Democrat Propaganda networks are certainly not going to inform them.

paperburn1 wrote: He gives his salary to various organizations but he cut their budgets by millions ;that 40000 dollar monthly check does not make up for that and he is not the first to do this.

Maybe he is of the opinion (in the manner of Davey Crockett) that they should be regarded as a charity, and therefore should not be funded by Government?
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:While your list is impressive it is just not 100 percent accurate.
It (the list) isn't meant to be "100 percent accurate" per see...it is intended as a strong rebuttal to the lefty biased MSNBC (Joe/Mika/etc.) argument that Trump hasn't accomplished "anything" since being inaugurated. As such there is still much on that list that clearly Trump deserves credit for.

Exactly. My primary purpose in posting it is to illustrate how much the media shapes the narrative by refusing to tell people things.

They have created the appearance that the Trump administration is in chaos and is incapable of accomplishing anything. They highlight his set backs, look at his statements with the most critical eye possible, and blame him for things that are not actually his fault.

They are doing this for the purpose of manipulating public opinion in the hopes that it will translate into future election wins for their ideological team.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:James Comey started drafting statement exonerating Hillary Clinton before FBI interviewed her, aides

The "fix" was always in. And people wonder why much of America thinks of Washington DC as a "swamp" that needs to be drained.
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Diogenes wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:FYI A Russian agent provocateur would be a comrade not a tovarisch and if you were trying to imply close friendship you should have used drug - pronounced like "droog"

Being bad at Russian is all part of my cover. :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Could have fooled me....wait a minute . :? :?