National Brain Cancer Foundation

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

National Brain Cancer Foundation

Post by MSimon »

I was doing some searching and this caught my eye.

The Cannabinoid Research Group of Complutense University in Madrid, Spain and Voices Against Brain Cancer, a national foundation headquartered in New York, announce today that a collaborative alliance has been signed by both organizations. The consideration of the benefits of Marijuana and the compounds contained within the plant known as "cannabinoids" for medicinal purposes is currently a prominent subject matter in North America. In an effort to fast track the propagation of accurate scientific based information on therapeutic opportunities incorporating cannabinoids, these two groups have formed an exclusive partnership in the United States.

[snip]

When asked about the research findings to date, Mr. Guzman noted that "published research clearly shows the anticancer action of cannabinoids impacting glioblastoma multiforma (GBM), and how chemotherapy results of tumor reduction are improved upon by adding cannabinoids as part of the treatment regimen."

"We have an obligation to remain open minded about where the cure for brain cancer will come from, said Michael Klipper, Chairman of Voices Against Brain Cancer. Manuel Guzmán and his research team are world class leaders in the clinical research of cannabinoids and cancer." We recognize our responsibility to disseminate the information associated with the published research, which supports the medicinal legitimacy and can help guide patients and government lawmakers when considering the use of Cannabinoids."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 54771.html
===============

What particularly caught my eye was that my University and the University of #2 son was involved:

Voices Against Brain Cancer has a wide variety of initiatives in place for brain cancer research, awareness and support. The organization's research grants fund cutting-edge programs that will have a monumental impact on the diagnosis and treatment of brain cancer. Currently, these grants are being funded at numerous esteemed institutions including: [snip] ... University of Chicago, ...

=============

A video by Dr. Christina Sanchez, a scientist at the Compultense University in Madrid, Spain. I assume she works with Dr. Guzmán. Dr.Christina Sanchez explains how cannabis kills cancer cells Note that the first person she mentions in the video is Raphael Mechoulam of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

Another video:
Dr Raphael Mechoulam - medical cannabis
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.