Why I am leaving the Conservative party

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Why I am leaving the Conservative party

Post by MSimon »

http://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2014/09/ ... ning-ukip/

The rise of the libertarians in Europe. Big Government "conservatism" does not seem as popular as it once was. It is shrinking in America and given the fact that "conservatives" in America are a dying breed (1 million every year) in time it will be dead.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mvanwink5

Re: Why I am leaving the Conservative party

Post by mvanwink5 »

Caught between the red devil and deep blue blood sea, really seems like a one party system (same bank-n-crony supported system), so went independent to keep 'em guessing... There are Libertarians that still think that the backstabbing Republicrats are the better choice, but really now, can anyone tell the difference between George and Barack (same number of letters, fancy that) once that famous cup of coffee is finished?
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

It's why I'm glad my state is known for moderate senators who actually think about compromise and making pragmatic decisions over strict ideology. Every else just seems bloody crazy...

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mvanwink5 wrote:Caught between the red devil and deep blue blood sea, really seems like a one party system (same bank-n-crony supported system), so went independent to keep 'em guessing... There are Libertarians that still think that the backstabbing Republicrats are the better choice, but really now, can anyone tell the difference between George and Barack (same number of letters, fancy that) once that famous cup of coffee is finished?

Sure. George Bush is moderately bad. Barack Obama is extremely bad.

It's like a small dose of arsenic versus a large dose of arsenic. Everything that was wrong with Bush, Obama does even worse.

Both of them were poison. Neither of them were medicine. It's just a question of toxicity.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

palladin9479 wrote:It's why I'm glad my state is known for moderate senators who actually think about compromise and making pragmatic decisions over strict ideology. Every else just seems bloody crazy...

Yeah, that worked out pretty well with the Sudetenland, didn't it? Moderates like Chamberlain produced much better results than did firebrands like Churchill.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —