Republicans Are Running Scared

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

palladin9479

Re: Republicans Are Running Scared

Post by palladin9479 »

Ah yes, the Republican Old Guard who are really just religions democrats who switched sides during the civil rights movement, or their descendents who kept the family tradition alive.

Honestly the Republican party will be changing in the next 10 or so years, it needs to drop the religious angle and adopt a "free to practice" stance which encompasses all religions equally vs the core democrats "atheism only" stance. Also they really need to become more accepting of social issues, things like homosexual marriage and cannibis legalization are the two big ones but I'm sure there are many others. Most Americans are actually financially conservative, we don't like throwing away so much money on people who have made it a career to life off social assistance, but we also don't like some big government telling us how to think and act on our own property. I know both parties do that, but the progressives are far better at hiding their social engineering behind language and social norms vs flat out telling you what they don't want you to do.

Diogenes

Re: Republicans Are Running Scared

Post by Diogenes »

palladin9479 wrote:Ah yes, the Republican Old Guard who are really just religions democrats who switched sides during the civil rights movement, or their descendents who kept the family tradition alive.

Honestly the Republican party will be changing in the next 10 or so years, it needs to drop the religious angle and adopt a "free to practice" stance which encompasses all religions equally vs the core democrats "atheism only" stance. Also they really need to become more accepting of social issues, things like homosexual marriage and cannibis legalization are the two big ones but I'm sure there are many others. Most Americans are actually financially conservative, we don't like throwing away so much money on people who have made it a career to life off social assistance, but we also don't like some big government telling us how to think and act on our own property. I know both parties do that, but the progressives are far better at hiding their social engineering behind language and social norms vs flat out telling you what they don't want you to do.

Camille Paglia (Feminist Icon) said something profound today.

Young women today do not understand the fragility of civilization and the constant nearness of savage nature
I would ad that this lack of perception is not limited to young females. It has become rather ubiquitous nowadays.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —