How to defeat ISIL

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Re: How to defeat ISIL

Post by GIThruster »

These folks are a disease humanity needs to be cured of:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-facebook
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

My opinion is that the French will go back to sleep.

The Islamists are going to have to kill a whole lot more of them before they wake up.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Normally I would agree but 100,000 people in protest is a lot of people, and these are the taxpayers, not some Occupy movement. If these people don't get heard, the whole society collapses.

I have to alway hope the French will grow a spine and do the right thing.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

It was the same thing back a few years when the FN made it to presidential final rounds. 2012? Anyway, just a few years later and what happened to "plus jamais" ? In fact, that extreme-right resurgence is one historically typical French response. A substantial portion of extreme right voters in these times are actually "nice" people who are just fed up and not necessarily racist, and this too is typical French.

The real problem is first-world apathy. Too complacent because too tangled up in living the good life, and the consequent systematic disregard for the intolerable that eventually creeps into "paradise". Effectively a kind of isolationism.

Culture and education, again.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.