European Energy Independence from Russia

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rjaypeters

European Energy Independence from Russia

Post by rjaypeters »

Is anyone in Europe talking about it seriously?

Since Russia supplies a lot of Europe's natural gas and oil, any organized resistance by the Western Europeans to Vladimir Putin's protection of the russophones in Ukraine is endangered by needing not to make the Russians too angry.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

Skipjack

Re: European Energy Independence from Russia

Post by Skipjack »

rjaypeters wrote:Is anyone in Europe talking about it seriously?

Since Russia supplies a lot of Europe's natural gas and oil, any organized resistance by the Western Europeans to Vladimir Putin's protection of the russophones in Ukraine is endangered by needing not to make the Russians too angry.
It is a problem. Germany is paying dearly for getting out of nuclear power...

choff

Post by choff »

http://rt.com/usa/ukraine-location-inte ... -poll-025/

I wonder how many Europeans can locate the Ukraine on a map?
CHoff

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

choff wrote:http://rt.com/usa/ukraine-location-inte ... -poll-025/

I wonder how many Europeans can locate the Ukraine on a map?
I can.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Can you locate a muslim that is not an "islamofasicst" on a map?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

ladajo wrote:Can you locate a muslim that is not an "islamofasicst" on a map?
I sit next to several daily. I'm confused as to what you're trying to infer.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:Can you locate a muslim that is not an "islamofasicst" on a map?
Yes, I work with several.

choff

Post by choff »

My impression of what's going on in the Ukraine is that Putin is right and the west is in the wrong on this one. The Russians have been invaded four times in four centuries and they see encroachment on the borders. Besides, cold wars over, this has nothing to do with it, more to do with banksters trying to turn the place into the next Greece.
CHoff

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Quite honestly I am torn on it. I don't like Putin. He is an asshole and a dictator. I don't really like the Ukrainian politicians currently in power either though. They are just as bad, if not worse than the other one. I definitely do not like that Tymoshenko chick. She is an oligarch as they come, demands billions in aid and is herself a billionaire (and would not even think about giving some of her money for her oh so beloved country). There is something foul there. Generally, I hope that all this normalizes and goes away on its own without bloodshed. I don't think it is worth starting WW3 over it.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California were once part of Mexico and acquired by war http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/mex ... r-maps.htm, perhaps the "illegal" aliens are US citizens and not Mexicans? Let's get some perspective on the rights of people vs the sovereignty claims of one government vs another.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The older I get the more (dark) grey the world becomes. I think I am turning into a cynical old man that just hates everybody without discrimination. One could say that I am an equal opportunity hater ;)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Skipjack... :D as I see it, "news" has become pure propaganda, saturated with political agenda. That makes it hard to see what is what. It looks more and more like George Orwell's 1984 political landscape, cameras and all.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

mvanwink5 wrote:Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California were once part of Mexico and acquired by war http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/mex ... r-maps.htm, perhaps the "illegal" aliens are US citizens and not Mexicans? Let's get some perspective on the rights of people vs the sovereignty claims of one government vs another.
I think you need to read the maps. That was 150+ years ago. All those people are dead.

People who break into another country to find work, educate their kids and offer them a better life are not especially the criminal type, but they are criminals and we do need to secure that boarder. If you were paying taxes in AZ, and most of your money was going to educate illegal aliens, you'd likely have done what they did just a few years ago and put an end to the thieving, which is just what it is.

If I lived in Mexico, I'd probably take my kids North too. I'd want a better life for them than what they have available down there. But sticking it out and building that country is the long term solution, not waiting for someone else to do it.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

mvanwink5 wrote:Skipjack... :D as I see it, "news" has become pure propaganda, saturated with political agenda. That makes it hard to see what is what. It looks more and more like George Orwell's 1984 political landscape, cameras and all.
4 companies in the USA control all of the brainwashing, I mean, television in the USA. I remember a movie called UHF which had a sub plot line about a company owning more than 1 TV station in the same town! Ha! 4 companies now own ever TV station in Amerika!

No one dare question the government now on the air waves and according to lazy good for nothing journalists (all of them), you lose the one and only source of news anywhere!

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

And it's not like critical thinking and self-determination are American traits.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.