Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Schneibster »

Diogenes wrote:
GIThruster wrote:How many pages of this useless back and forth can we endure.

Just reminding, if you want this troll to go away, you have to stop feeding him.

I actually enjoy poking him from time to time.

I figure this guy serves a beneficial purpose by demonstrating leftist nuttiness.

When I get tired of it, i'll probably try out that ignore setting you've been telling me about.
Yeah, those leftwing members of the reality based community, they're so stupid, they believe in facts!
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Schneibster wrote:The longer a bully stands, the harder they fall in the end.

I should not be surprised to learn that you have bullies falling on you regularly in the end.

:|
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:I have never used the blocking function before either. First time for everything.

And of course this is the proper thread to put an end to the madness in.

I suppose I should do so as well. I'm thinking it's probably a bit disrespectful to the management to keep this stuff going.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

His name still shows up as latest message, but I no longer see any of his postings in the thread.
— Lord Melbourne —

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Diogenes wrote:His name still shows up as latest message, but I no longer see any of his postings in the thread.
Yep, no more scary reality for you.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Diogenes wrote:His name still shows up as latest message, but I no longer see any of his postings in the thread.
Isn't it cool?
It is like an "erase-an-asshole" function.
I like it.

I do regret that I had to do it. A first ever for me. Hopefully the last.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Agreed. And truthfully, we all know we've had plenty of heated debates and discussions. We span the spectrum of opinion of all types and I don't think people should be censored or ignored just for holding destructive opinions. However, that is all assuming the person is here with normal expectations. When someone enters the forum to destroy it, that is an unusual situation. Especially when they point out they have just destroyed another forum and been kicked from these others, all for crazy-destructive behavior, and they are behaving the same way here, just seems a point of self-preservation to ignore the troll.

He'll get bored and leave. He thrives on attention--especially negative attention. He only stayed because someone mentioned to him we have very little moderation on this board. That however, does not matter if people refused to be baited by him.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:
Isn't it cool?
It is like an "erase-an-asshole" function.
I like it.

I do regret that I had to do it. A first ever for me. Hopefully the last.

I note "stubby" is cross posting his comments.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:Agreed. And truthfully, we all know we've had plenty of heated debates and discussions. We span the spectrum of opinion of all types and I don't think people should be censored or ignored just for holding destructive opinions.

I generally interpret disagreements as being the result of one or both parties lacking accurate information. Sometimes this can be corrected, sometimes it cannot.

GIThruster wrote:
He'll get bored and leave. He thrives on attention--especially negative attention. He only stayed because someone mentioned to him we have very little moderation on this board. That however, does not matter if people refused to be baited by him.

I quit bating him because I realized it was too disrespectful of Joe's hospitality. It was fun, but to keep it going would have simply been wrong. I may occasionally peek out and poke him a bit, but i'm not going to trade strings of messages with him anymore.
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Diogenes wrote:I note "stubby" is cross posting his comments.
Yes and not only that, but he's cross-posting without adding anything to them--as if he were going to force us to read the troll's writings whether we like it or not.

If he keeps it up, I'll put him on ignore too. Most forums would ban you for that sort of behavior. If you don't have anything to say, you don't post.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:
Diogenes wrote:I note "stubby" is cross posting his comments.
Yes and not only that, but he's cross-posting without adding anything to them--as if he were going to force us to read the troll's writings whether we like it or not.
This is exactly how I see it. It is a deliberate effort to shove Kook droppings down our throats after we've made it clear that we don't want to see them.

Once again, this is a douche move, and a man would get his @$$ whipped for pulling such a stunt in person.

GIThruster wrote:
If he keeps it up, I'll put him on ignore too. Most forums would ban you for that sort of behavior. If you don't have anything to say, you don't post.
I was thinking about that myself. Stubby has long ago convinced me that he is a fool, and likely irredeemably so.

Certainly not worth arguing with till he's grown up a bit. Perhaps fate will eventually pry him out of that government funded job at the University and toss him into the real world, or something.
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Diogenes wrote:
ladajo wrote:
Maybe he should move to Canada. I am sure you all could use him up there. Very insightful and a teambuilder he is.
The rub is that after a short time, he would consider all Canadians Liars and Racists. Especially because they didn't vote for Obama.

I deduced that "stubby" was a Canadian, most likely in the French section, and most likely associated with a University. Your comment implies you've seen something to confirm it.

Choff I like. Stubby? Not so much. I wonder if it's that Québécois influence?
Nice try "diogenes". 1 out of 3. I guess you should return your Sherlock magic decoder ring or at least take it out of your ass before trying to read it.

As for quoting your foe, your reaction, though expected, is still priceless. Thanks for the laugh which is a nice change from the nausea your posts usually induce.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe