Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Schneibster »

Hey GTI, Noticed there seem to be plenty of people who are happy to see me, contrary to your BS.

I think you've been beating up on them and intimidating them and like all bullies you're afraid of someone coming along and telling them they don't need to put up with you.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Obviously in your lonely world, your definition of "plenty of people" does not match the rest of the planet's.

I suspect some measure of senility in your case, you argue like a petulant child.

"Liar!", spouts young Timmy. He then angrily kicks the dirt with his well worn sneaker, and stomps off home to feed his cats.

You come in here and start dropping ordnance in every thread you can find. In some of them you don't even know what you are talking about but post anyway. You persist with extreme interpretations and declarations, but without actually backing them up. At best you provide a quick google link here and there and then claim absolute victory, and a vanquishment of your foes. You are just an ass. You need to go away.

The really sad part is that you actually believe your rhetoric. You believe you have something critical to offer. You believe you are the only one that has it all figured out. You think you are making salient points when in actuality, you are merely being an ass and a tool.

I am not making threats to you. I am making a promise. You will go away if you persist in your adolescent behaviour. This is a board for grown ups. Not second childhoods.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

GIThruster wrote:I swear this new troll is just completely out of his mind to lie the way he does.
I expect the new troll believes everything he says. He's just clueless beyond hope and irredeemably wrong.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:Obviously in your lonely world, your definition of "plenty of people" does not match the rest of the planet's.
Thought you were against "appeal to authority." You were when you were dissing global warming anyway.

Hypocrite.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

hanelyp wrote:
GIThruster wrote:I swear this new troll is just completely out of his mind to lie the way he does.
I expect the new troll believes everything he says. He's just clueless beyond hope and irredeemably wrong.
A "troll" is not "someone who disagrees with you when you lie."

Welcome to the Internets, n00bs.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Schneibster wrote:
ladajo wrote:Obviously in your lonely world, your definition of "plenty of people" does not match the rest of the planet's.
Thought you were against "appeal to authority." You were when you were dissing global warming anyway.

Hypocrite.
Okay, I can see your stretch to call that an "appeal to authority". Weak. But sure, why not.

So let's talk about Hypocracy.

Please list your "plenty of people" that are glad to see you on this site.

Then we will see if they agree with your assessment.

As a side note, can you cite me "dissing global warming", or is this another one of your senility moments?
Or is it your usual juvenile second childhood lashing out? I guess either way it is an issue for you.

Please just go away.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:So let's talk about Hypocracy.
Maybe after you can spell it.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Schneibster wrote:
hanelyp wrote:I note you're lumping real scientists (referred to by an inflammatory term) with 2 groups of pseudo scientists. "Popular Science" hasn't been a decent science magazine for years.
That would be a "no."

Bye now. I no longer engage with climate trolls who don't know the difference between a scientist and a doctor.
Well you are aware that the so called predictions of the "climate scientists" are not holding up well.

CO2 has been steadily rising and global temperature has flatlined for the last 16 or more years. And the "climate scientists" didn't see it coming. But take heart. Phlogiston was once accepted science.

I will step out on a branch and predict that CAGW will be going the way of phlogiston. But it will take another 10 years into the current cycle.

And you are aware of course that climate scares are a regular event happening about every 30 years (PDO half cycle) for the last 120 years. And the scares alternate between hot scares and cold scares. Just as you would expect if the scares were PDO driven.

I remember the ice age scares. Do you? It was only 30+ years ago that the next ice age was upon us.

Personally I'd prefer heat. You can grow crops in hot weather. Crops do not do nearly so well under ice.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
hanelyp wrote:I note you're lumping real scientists (referred to by an inflammatory term) with 2 groups of pseudo scientists. "Popular Science" hasn't been a decent science magazine for years.
That would be a "no."

Bye now. I no longer engage with climate trolls who don't know the difference between a scientist and a doctor.
Well you are aware that the so called predictions of the "climate scientists" are not holding up well.
Actually I'm unclear on how AR5 is "not holding up well."

Lies like this by staff are why I left this site long ago.
Last edited by Schneibster on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Schneibster wrote:
Are you an English Major? Or just a private?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
Are you an English Major? Or just a private?
I can spell.

You can apply whatever epithet you like to it.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Schneibster wrote:Actually I'm unclear on how AR5 is "not holding up well."
That is OK. As temps continue to decline (negative PDO, low sunspot count) it will become obvious even to you over time. No rush.

Please do keep on spouting. The 'net is forever.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:
That is OK. As temps continue to decline (negative PDO, low sunspot count) it will become obvious even to you over time. No rush.

What amazes me is you think the solar cycle will never go up again.

In reality it's an 11-year cycle, and anyone but a physics idiot would expect the Earth to reach its peak after the Sun reaches its, if they actually understood thermodynamics.

This denial is the standard pose of the innumerate.

Speaking of keeping on spouting.

Here, I'll make a prediction: it will be hotter after 2016 than it is now. Care to bet?

After waiting an hour: Yeah, I thought you wouldn't. You know I'm right.

You've watched them go from 75% to 85% to 90% to 95% in the action reports. You know you're lying as well as I do. The certainty is enough now to put a man to death for murder.

Meanwhile, 14 thousand to 25.

Still waiting:
14000:25
95% = "beyond a reasonable doubt"
Solar cycle bottoms 2012, implying temperature bottom 2013
Hotter after 2016 than now as the solar cycle nears its peak

Do you have the data to match any of these obvious facts and predictions? Do you have the courage to make predictions?

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

MSimon wrote:

C'mon guy, speaking of the 'Net being forever, you've already been given the lie by reality a number of times now starting with the Ross Ice Shelf and culminating in the complete dissolution of the Arctic ice sheet. Now the low sun years have resulted in an abatement for a few years; but clearly as the Sun's activity increases toward its peak in 2016 the heat will increase in Earth's atmosphere, and El Niño will take over and burble to process the heat; the peak years will be in 2018 and 2019, and then they'll fall off toward the mid- to late 2020s. You can expect several heavy ice ablation events during the second half of the 2010s and the early 2020s.

If you haven't figured it out by then you can expect things to get progressively worse as you get closer to 2050. By then, serious consequences will be clearly apparent to billions of people and you can expect serious social unrest. Luckily I expect to be dead by then. Good luck.

The Dying will begin about 2060 and by 2100 you will have lost 2.5 to 3.5 billion, I estimate. I hope I'm wrong. Again, good luck.

You guys are screwed so bad. I'm so glad I don't have to watch. You are gonna be so sorry Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Schneibster wrote:

Hey genius, I speelid it wrong on purpose. Just for you. Apparently you were not bright enough to see what I did there.

Hypo-cracy. Get it?

Guess not.