Terminal SCC Brain cancer of unkown origin and cell type

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Netmaker

Terminal SCC Brain cancer of unkown origin and cell type

Post by Netmaker »

I have it.

I am not looking to diagnose/treat my cancer as it is always fatal.

SCC is a very aggressive cancer with poor outcomes measured in months (2-14 months?) specially after it has metastasized. It has a high a rate recurrence with those cases that do go into remission with a poor long-term prognosis.

I am looking to find a good home for my Kindle collection (700+ books), my Amazon Unbox and regular DVD collection, my MSDN subscription and a few computers.

I'm hoping to provide a seed collection for a bright career.

-Netmaker

TDPerk

Re: Terminal SCC Brain cancer of unkown origin and cell type

Post by TDPerk »

As my sadly late mother-in-law put it, after being diagnosed with a particularly advanced case of multiple myeloma, "Well shoot.*"

*She wasn't unflappable, but that's as flapped as she got.

Netmaker, I hate to hear it.

I'm supposing this is not one of the cancers with any sensitivity to dichlororacetate, or that the tumor necrosis metabolic load precludes it's use, even experimentally?

However so, Godspeed.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Netmaker

Post by Netmaker »

Thanks TD.

I haven't looked deeply in to DCA.

My pet hope is a weakened form of Listeria coupled with an isotope of rhenium-188 that emits beta radiation with a very short half-life of only 17 hrs.

Some background on this that cancer cells are immuno-comprimesed compared to the non-cancerous in the body and consequently even the weakened Listeria can attack the cancer cells delivering the rhenium where normal cells are able to fend the weakened Listeria cells.

This allows the cancer cells to build up a lethal dose without the side-effects of longer lived types of radiation. For comparison the residual radiation from IMRT takes up to 3 months to be cleared from the body.

A potential side-benefit from using the Listeria+rhenium combination is that it may also be a imaging marker to determine the spread of cancer in the body and it easily crosses the BB barrier.

I don't know whether SCC exhibits any behaviors that would improve or weaken the Listeria's ability to attack the cancer relative to other types of cancer.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

:(

for DCA info

http://www.thedcasite.com/

never give up, never surrender
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Netmaker wrote:I have it.

I am not looking to diagnose/treat my cancer as it is always fatal.

SCC is a very aggressive cancer with poor outcomes measured in months (2-14 months?) specially after it has metastasized. It has a high a rate recurrence with those cases that do go into remission with a poor long-term prognosis.

I am looking to find a good home for my Kindle collection (700+ books), my Amazon Unbox and regular DVD collection, my MSDN subscription and a few computers.

I'm hoping to provide a seed collection for a bright career.

-Netmaker

I am sorry to hear that you have been afflicted. While I do not know you personally, I can certainly sympathize with your circumstance. I have always assumed that cancer would be what gets me eventually, and so it is not unlikely that I will have to deal with something very like what you are going through now.

Let us hope that your proposed therapy will yield good results.

Again, i'm sorry that you have to go through this.

D.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am also sorry to hear this.
I admire your forthrightness, and hope this plays out as well as it can.
We are not a kindle house, but a nook house, else I might be interested in your kindle collection. Both my kids are reading fanatics.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Wish I could do something, if not to help your illness, then at least to give you some comfort. :(
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Terribly sorry to hear this. I can appreciate that you have already made up your mind on this issue, but can I ask, have you at least pursued a second opinion?

http://www.upmc.com/services/neurosurge ... inoma.aspx
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am sorry to hear that! As someone who has been dead (for only a few seconds though), please take my advice and keep fighting. I do not know about your life circumstances. If you have family and maybe even dependents, then fight for them. Try to get a second opinion and maybe there is a clinical trial of a new treatment that you could sign up for. Try not to give up hope!

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

If you have nothing to lose....

MOM CHOOSES CANNABIS OVER CHEMO FOR 3 YEAR OLD SON (thanks go to D for the headline template)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/3 ... 17985.html
"As soon as we started taking the oil, his platelets have been a regular healthy person's level and [doctors] can't understand why,"

3 year old boy with leukemia on chemo was vomiting up to 12 times per day and at one point could/would not eat for 25 days after a treatment.

CBD, the non psycho active component of cannabis, somehow stops metastasis in cancer cells.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, not really canabis, but a oil based medical reduction. It is not like he is puffing on a joint.

A little misleading in the header don't you think?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

ladajo wrote:Well, not really canabis, but a oil based medical reduction. It is not like he is puffing on a joint.

Did you see the thankyou to D for the template?

and rather than pick on something really silly, why don't you comment on the medical aspect of the story :wink:

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Stubby wrote:
ladajo wrote:Well, not really canabis, but a oil based medical reduction. It is not like he is puffing on a joint.

Did you see the thankyou to D for the template?

and rather than pick on something really silly, why don't you comment on the medical aspect of the story :wink:

I did see it. Sacarsm and all.

I just pointed out the tendancy of Pro-Drug to mis-represent the actual facts. The article header comes off like the kid was smoking weed to cure his cancer. That is not what he is doing, nor what is happening. It is no accident they chose those words. This will become another bullet to the power point presentation claiming that drug use is good for you.

The real point is where the article states "they don't know why". The Pro-Drug use crowd would have us all believe on faith that it is all good. Puff on.
As I have stated before, many times. I am anti-drug. I have also stated that there are merits to doing research on the active and in-active components of ANY potential medicine(s) to see what the real story is. I have also oft stated and cited the medical research communities strong opinion that smoking pot is not effective nor efficient as a medical delivery regiment. There is good research to back it up, as I have linked many times. Read the studies yourself. They do not tell the story that the 'Get High' (and make money on it) crowd would have the masses believe.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Guys, do you really think that this thread is the right place to have this discussion? Show some respect!

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Fair enough. Maybe we should not be posting any Pro or Anti Drug sentiment in this thread.

I'm done. Thanks Skip.