This CAN'T Be Right, Can It. The Punt Gun Has Hit

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

This CAN'T Be Right, Can It. The Punt Gun Has Hit

Post by Jccarlton »

A report from Breitbart:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... l-time-job
Less than half of adult Americans have full time jobs. 47% are working full time. The rest, who knows, who cares. If nothing else this says a lot about the Democrats and the press that this isn't the news, the only news. They ignored the potential consequences and passed Dodd Frank and the ACA. They have insisted on higher and higher taxes. They have assaulted cheap energy. They have chased unicorns for utopia. They are still chasing those unicorns. I predicted that electing the Democrats was like taking a punt gun to the economy. Is this the new normal?
Just a thought, How many of the full time jobs are government jobs. If it adds another 10% or so to the total of worker that are not full productive workers then the total productive worker count could be as low as 37% or lower. That's not a percentage for long term growth and stability.

rj40

Re: This CAN'T Be Right, Can It. The Punt Gun Has Hit

Post by rj40 »

Here is a link to someone who may, at least a bit, agree with you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/opini ... ugman&_r=0

And then this:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stoss ... 9pm-et-fnc

See especially the link in this one. Longer benefits = less work.

Not sure what to do.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Jccarlton wrote:A report from Breitbart:
Less than half of adult Americans have full time jobs. 47% are working full time. The rest, who knows, who cares. If nothing else this says a lot about the Democrats and the press that this isn't the news, the only news. They ignored the potential consequences and passed Dodd Frank and the ACA. They have insisted on higher and higher taxes. They have assaulted cheap energy. They have chased unicorns for utopia. They are still chasing those unicorns. I predicted that electing the Democrats was like taking a punt gun to the economy. Is this the new normal?
Just a thought, How many of the full time jobs are government jobs. If it adds another 10% or so to the total of worker that are not full productive workers then the total productive worker count could be as low as 37% or lower. That's not a percentage for long term growth and stability.
A large potion are government job, and now for the scary part that the news just seem to ignore. Starting next week sequestration is in effect. That means a hell of a lot of government jobs just went part time. The total number of jobs in the U.S. in 2006 was 150,600,000, so government employment makes up 7.14% of all jobs. About 6 percent will go "Part time" (the cuts have already been made for job reduction now we are putting these people part time) this will work out to be one out of 16 people taking a cut in pay in the us economy) or I would guess 10 million jobs taking a 10 percent cut in take home pay. This will be a huge hit in GDP spending. What does this mean? Well I would start paying off any debt as fast as I could for one. Second i would get a cash reserve up so that if/when the stock market takes a huge hit I could make some serious change off of it. But that is just me.....
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

There was a time that married households had one partner taking care of the house. Do the statistics mentioned consider the person taking care of the household as working? If not, I can say without doubt that my mother would be pissed at the disrespect inferred in such bean counting.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

mvanwink5 wrote:There was a time that married households had one partner taking care of the house. Do the statistics mentioned consider the person taking care of the household as working? If not, I can say without doubt that my mother would be pissed at the disrespect inferred in such bean counting.
Women have always worked very hard.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

You know what mark Twain said "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Jccarlton wrote:A report from Breitbart:
Maybe some of them are working MULITPLE part time jobs, because so many large corporations hire people only part time to get out of paying them benefits and getting them health insurance.
I know quite a few poor souls that suffer this fate (3 part time jobs).

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote: Maybe some of them are working MULITPLE part time jobs, because so many large corporations hire people only part time to get out of paying them benefits and getting them health insurance.
I know quite a few poor souls that suffer this fate (3 part time jobs).

The policies of that utterly self-confident idiot have done nothing to encourage corporations (or other businesses) to hire people. With Obamacare set to hit, he has encouraged the exact opposite.

Did anyone expect a problem to get better by adding an idiot?

He is dumber than Jimmy Carter.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Except for maybe the UN, and they're far less capable of carrying out their schemes.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Diogenes wrote:Image
Hehe, I like that one!