Afraid To Make Decisions For Themselves

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

Afraid To Make Decisions For Themselves

Post by Jccarlton »

I should listen to somebody who's afraid to make choices at Subway?:
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -of-Choice
I mean seriously, how hard is it? How about this:
6" BMT on herbs and spices with provolone, toasted, with lettuce tomato green pepper, olives, sweet pepper, mayo and honey mustard. I mean, seriously, I don't think you need to have a command economy to choose a sandwich.
Last edited by Jccarlton on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Betruger

so much mayonnaise, Herr Dortlich..

Post by Betruger »

You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

kcdodd

Re: Afraid To Make Decisions For Themselves

Post by kcdodd »

Life has requirements. Thinking is hard. Grow up.
Carter

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Jccarlton wrote:I should listen to somebody who's afraid to make choices at Subway?:
6" BMT on herbs and spices with provolone, toasted, with lettuce tomato green pepper, olives, sweet pepper, mayo and honey mustard. I mean, seriously, I don't think you need to have a command economy to choose a sandwich.
My favorite pet pev is they wait in line for five minutes and then when the waiter says what will you have they go and ask for a second to think about it. Same way with McDonalds the menu has not dramatically changed in twenty years and only at the counter do they think about there choices.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

paperburn1 wrote:
Jccarlton wrote:I should listen to somebody who's afraid to make choices at Subway?:
My favorite pet pev is they wait in line for five minutes and then when the waiter says what will you have they go and ask for a second to think about it. Same way with McDonalds the menu has not dramatically changed in twenty years and only at the counter do they think about there choices.
They are not actually motivated. It is typical in first world countries.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Finding an optimal choice may be an intractable problem. Fortunately, finding a good solution, if one exists, is usually much easier. Also fortunate, a best solution is usually not needed. The likelihood that what someone else will choose for me will be worse should be all the incentive I need to chose for myself.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You should read up on game theory.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)