Nobody respects Obama.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Nobody respects Obama.

Post by Diogenes »

Obama is a childish little fool who was only elected because the thought of having a "black" President gave the media people orgasms.

In the real world, he is a weak and pathetic little child.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/ ... mas-clock/

ImageImage
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Re: Nobody respects Obama.

Post by choff »

Think Putins tough, Canada's PM always has to act like he's got a soft side so people don't think he's all hard case.
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

My understanding is that (according to NPR if you trust them) there is no extradition treaty between the United States and Russia in the 1st place. So Putin is under no legal obligation to return Snowden to the US. After all if a Russian spy during the Cold War era (or now) came to the US full of all manner of secret information about the workings of the KGB/Russian government willing to trade said info for asylum/citizenship/etc. we would have jumped at the chance. We wouldn't have sent him back to Russia to be charged with treason and executed. I recall one case in the seventies where a Russian mig pilot flew himself to I think South Korea and defected, we happily if I recall granted him asylum, (and were very happy to accept the plane, which we eagerly studied).

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:My understanding is that (according to NPR if you trust them) there is no extradition treaty between the United States and Russia in the 1st place. So Putin is under no legal obligation to return Snowden to the US.

Pish posh. Putin does what he wants. If the law is against him, so much worse for the law.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:Pish posh. Putin does what he wants. If the law is against him, so much worse for the law.
This is not necessarily a good thing. It actually describes Obama pretty well.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Pish posh. Putin does what he wants. If the law is against him, so much worse for the law.
This is not necessarily a good thing. It actually describes Obama pretty well.

It has become the new normal, at least for Democrats. The Media would be foaming at the mouth violent if a Republican had done what Obama has done.

If a Republican had done these things, you would not be able to find a channel that wouldn't be denouncing him as a tyrant.
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:
williatw wrote:My understanding is that (according to NPR if you trust them) there is no extradition treaty between the United States and Russia in the 1st place. So Putin is under no legal obligation to return Snowden to the US.
Pish posh. Putin does what he wants. If the law is against him, so much worse for the law.
I agree that Putin is pretty much a dictator. But in this particular situation it would seem the law is actually on his side...no extradition treaty between us as far as I know means Russian can handle the Snowden issue as they see fit. It is the Obama administration which today said something to the effect of "no wheeling and dealing" with Russia, which doesn't seem to get it. They (Obama) are the ones acting as if other countries are just supposed to bow to their will, and just do what they want because they want it, as if what he wants is "right" just because he wants it. I think Putin is both amused and contemptuous at the same time. Of course this is a president who thinks he should be able to rule by executive order, congress or courts be damned, he just knows what is best for all. Who knows? maybe he will issue an executive order demanding Putin turn Snowden over.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

south america does not like him
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... rd-snowden
when did we become the evil empire.
President Rafael Correa's government said on Thursday it was renouncing the Andean Trade Preference Act to thwart US "blackmail" of Ecuador in the former NSA contractor's asylum request.

Officials, speaking at an early morning press conference, also offered a $23m donation for human rights training in the US, a brash riposte to recent US criticism of Ecuador's own human rights record.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

now Hoss Cartwright is got from trusted adviser to traitor in the stroke of a pen, i guess you should keep your opinion to yourself if the president will not like it. that makes eight.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:south america does not like him
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... rd-snowden
when did we become the evil empire.
President Rafael Correa's government said on Thursday it was renouncing the Andean Trade Preference Act to thwart US "blackmail" of Ecuador in the former NSA contractor's asylum request.

Officials, speaking at an early morning press conference, also offered a $23m donation for human rights training in the US, a brash riposte to recent US criticism of Ecuador's own human rights record.

You know you are an international p*ssy when Ecuador tells you to go to H3ll.
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

But D if you judge Obama by his actions he is a supporter of prohibition despite the wishes of his party. I'm surprised you aren't at least applauding him for that.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

i don't think anyone respects Putin either, they fear him.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Fear and respect are not mutually exclusive. If watching your behavior around someone is needed to avoid trouble, that someone can get a lot of respect. They may still be greatly disliked.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Stubby wrote:i don't think anyone respects Putin either, they fear him.

I told myself I would try to be diplomatic, even to those on this board whom I regard as complete fools. And then you go and post that comment.

I simply do not know how to respond politely to someone of your intellectual caliber.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:Fear and respect are not mutually exclusive. If watching your behavior around someone is needed to avoid trouble, that someone can get a lot of respect. They may still be greatly disliked.

In terms of Diplomacy, Fear and Respect are virtually synonyms. It is the nature of Humans to grant deference to people who can hurt them.

If you have people's fear, you will always get their respect.
— Lord Melbourne —