Latest drug addict loons.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 am

williatw wrote:
Stubby wrote:The onus (aka burden of proof) is on the one making the claim. I am however not surprised you don't know this, self professed critical thinker you claim to be.



Greek philosopher Socrates might disagree.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Stubby » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:11 pm

paperburn1 wrote:
williatw wrote:
Stubby wrote:The onus (aka burden of proof) is on the one making the claim. I am however not surprised you don't know this, self professed critical thinker you claim to be.



Greek philosopher Socrates might disagree.


Meaning what ?
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

KitemanSA
Posts: 6114
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: OlyPen WA

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby KitemanSA » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Stubby wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:Greek philosopher Socrates might disagree.

Meaning what ?
You need to start brewing some hamlock?

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby GIThruster » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Stubby wrote:YOU made the claim that THC is a hallucinogen. . .

Man up and present your evidence.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen

I don't see how there can be any doubts about the fact that THC is an hallucinogen that causes hallucinations and drug induced psychosis. It has its own diagnosis: Cannabis induced psychosis. The fact you want to make these live issues just says you're dopey past any rational dialog. Seriously, there is no one who doubts these things. . .certainly no one who has ever used Cannabis. I knew this stuff was true by the time I was 13 years old. Cannabis is nothing at all like alcohol, and alcohol is nothing at all like Cannabis. One is an hallucinogen and the other is not.

Please don't waste our time again with your obtuse nonsense.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Stubby » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:38 am

So you be afraid to answer the question?
Interesting.

Alcohol does have a relationship with hallucinations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_hallucinosis.

Your argument is that pot users can sometimes have hallucinations therefore all pot usage is bad and/or evil therefore war on drugs.
Alcohol users can sometimes have hallucinations therefore ... you will buy the next round?

Interesting hypocrisy as Simon have often noted about you.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

williatw
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby williatw » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 am

Stubby wrote:So you be afraid to answer the question?
Interesting.

Alcohol does have a relationship with hallucinations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_hallucinosis.

Your argument is that pot users can sometimes have hallucinations therefore all pot usage is bad and/or evil therefore war on drugs.
Alcohol users can sometimes have hallucinations therefore ... you will buy the next round?

Interesting hypocrisy as Simon have often noted about you.


One might wonder also how much in the way of "hallucinations" would occur with legal licensed pot provided there were regulations on THC content and allowed contaminates? People could then more accurately judge their reactions to especially pot "edibles"; which my understanding are difficult for particularly novice users to gauge. Too bad we didn't stick with the 0.74% THC pot (as opposed to >13% now) we had before the WOD; wonder how many issues would disappear at that much lower concentration? If illegal providers keep jacking up the THC content (& lord knows whatever other contaminates) you might eventually end up with something little better than cocaine or meth.

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby GIThruster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Stubby wrote:Your argument is that pot users can sometimes have hallucinations therefore all pot usage is bad and/or evil therefore war on drugs.

My point is that Cannabis is an hallucinogen and alcohol is not. These have different effects and Cannabis' effects are obviously vastly more destructive. We have been over this dozens of times and no one here appreciates your obtuse responses.

How are we supposed to take you seriously, when I make a simple statement that Cannabis is an hallucinogen and you argue about it? I send the link about hallucinogens where THC is listed, and still you claim I am not responding to your point. This is just cheezy rhetoric, and not worth anyone's time. Go find a small child to argue with. I'm sure they'll be dazzled by your rhetorical prowess. Limit yourself to children under 8 years old and with two digit IQ's only, and you'll do just fine.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby GIThruster » Thu May 07, 2015 9:04 pm

"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Diogenes » Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 pm

New, scary street drug called flakka or ‘$5 insanity’ on rise in U.S.


Image



In one case, a man in Florida ran naked down the street and then tried to have sex with a tree before being arrested. He told cops he was Thor — yes, the mythical god of thunder.




http://q13fox.com/2015/05/06/new-scary- ... se-in-u-s/



You’d be thor too if you tried to have sex with a tree.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby paperburn1 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:00 am

complication of alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics
Users have problems when withdrawn from the drink, not from using the drug. a very clear difference.
If you have a alcoholic hallucinating or" In the shakes "as its been called, the cure is a good stiff drink.
where as pot smokers get better when the drug is withdrawn. Different and neither is preferred.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

choff
Posts: 2431
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby choff » Sun May 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Diabetics can get their own version of the shakes during spikes, it's more complicated with alcohol because of sugar and diet.
CHoff

Diogenes
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Diogenes » Mon May 11, 2015 9:29 pm

There's a reason they call it "Dope."



Partially naked principal arrested with student in car



Image


Palm Springs, Fla. — A Florida principal has been arrested after she was caught partially unclothed in a marijuana-filled car with a student.



http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/n ... /26983161/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Diogenes » Tue May 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Mother: Son accused in officer killings had drug problem


Image


"He was sick and out of his head and I tried to get him some help," she said on the steps of the Forrest County Courthouse, where she had gone to find out more information about her sons' arrest.

Marvin Banks had been smoking synthetic marijuana, known as spice, every day.

"He was on that spice. He was on every drug there was. Spice, powder, marijuana, drinking," she said.


Marvin Banks is accused of shooting officers Benjamin Deen and Liquori Tate. The officers died Saturday after Deen was shot in the face, and Tate in the back.



http://newsok.com/mother-son-accused-in ... eed/838013
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6958
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby Diogenes » Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Marijuana users may have ‘false memories’: Brain scans reveal how cannabis smokers can live in their own reality


Image
Cannabis users are more likely to live in a distorted reality and have false memories, according to a new study. This image shows brain patterns associated with real memories rather than false ones. In the control group (top), the activations are much more intense and extensive than in the group of cannabis consumers (bottom)


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ality.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Postby williatw » Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Diogenes wrote:Marijuana users may have ‘false memories’: Brain scans reveal how cannabis smokers can live in their own reality



From your link:

COULD LOW LEVELS OF MARIJUANA BE GOOD FOR MEMORY?


The latest study contradicts research last year which claimed marijuana, in some ways, may be good for memory.

U.S. researchers said that extremely low levels of the compound THC, the active ingredient in the drug, may slow or halt the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.

At the low doses studied, the therapeutic benefits of THC appear to outweigh the associated risks of THC toxicity and memory impairment, they found.

Professor Chuanhai Cao, lead author of the study and a neuroscientist at the Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute in Florida, explained that THC decreases the amount of amyloid beta in the brain.

Amyloid beta is one of the factors that leads to Alzheimer’s and researchers are currently attempting to create drugs that could help stop the production of this protein


So the "harm" is apparently dose dependent, you could say the same for any drug including of course alcohol. Maybe if pot were legalized and regulated as to concentration say closer to the 0.74% THC content of the '70's and before rather than the >13% THC we have around now.

In a similar study earlier this month, researchers found that teenagers who smoke cannabis for just three years could be damaging their long- term memory.

Participants in a study who had used the drug daily for around three years in their teens had an abnormally shaped hippocampus by the time they were in their early 20s.


Every day for three years of probably >13% THC pot is pretty heavy use; (imagine getting blotto on Jack Daniels every day for three years sure it would have similar deleterious effects on young brains/bodies) hardly typical for most users, and not really an argument for continuing your beloved WOD.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests