Liberty Is Prone To Misuse

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

TDPerk wrote:"As I said--unbalanced."

You've asserted it. The unbalance is yours, your goals require the destruction of the constitution. . .
As I said--unbalanced.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

"As I said--unbalanced."

Uhuh. You've demonstrated it so clearly...
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

You're telling Diogenes that he's not the conservative he thinks he is, and that conservatives require the "destruction of the constitution", and you then still claim to be in balance?

Do you know what "balance" is?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

"You're telling Diogenes that he's not the conservative he thinks he is, and that conservatives require the "destruction of the constitution", and you then still claim to be in balance?"

I certainly am in balance with respect to what is and is not conservative. I know the goal of using government power to control recreational pharmaceuticals as such laws as the Harrison and Volstead act embody are a new thing, constitutionally. They conserve nothing of it, although the Volstead act at least recognized an amendment was required for it to be legal. Diogenes says he is a conserative, he isn't. You aren't.

You're radical crusaders hell bent on destroying the constitution to save us from a threat to society that doesn't exist.

"Do you know what "balance" is?"

Balance is that everyone is free to swing their fist up until it inevitably connects with someone's nose. Prior restraint--prohibition--is reasonable only when that connection is a certainty.

That certainty does not exist with drugs, most of the users of which will lead productive lives regardless of what they consume.

For example, even rats can resist cocaine.

"Ferris, C.F., P. Kulkarni, M.J. Sullivan Jr., J.A. Harder, T.L. Messenger, M. Febo. Pup suckling is more rewarding than cocaine: Evidence from fMRI and 3D computational analyses. Journal of Neuroscience 25:149-156 (2005)"

You are holding the whole country hostage to the bogeyman you've invented.

You're balanced?

Nope.

And yes, you're ruled by your fear, and content to rule the rest of us by the same.

A fear of shadows.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

You're radical crusaders hell bent on destroying the constitution. . .You are holding the whole country hostage. . .
You must be another druggie. You sound psycho. Have you told your doctor about the "recreational" drugs you use or do you keep him in the dark? Someone should be monitoring you when you make these kinds of crazy statements.