Was Trayvon high?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Here is what Zimmerman's lawyer has to say about revoking bond:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/01/at ... mans-bond/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Surge in babies born into drug addiction
Researchers concluded that the surge was due to an increase in pregnant women’s use of both legal and illegal narcotics. The drugs listed in the report included prescription painkillers like Vicodin and OxyContin, as well as heroin and other drugs commonly known as “uppers.” The study did not include details on “downers,” like methamphetamine, but local experts in the field have seen a startling increase in babies born dependent on these recreational street drugs as well.

http://www.highdesert.com/news/born-348 ... pital.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

More victimless crime.

Drug use and breastfeeding don't mix

In California alone, there have been several cases of infant deaths associated with illegal drugs in breast milk. In March, a Humboldt County mother, Maggie Jean Wortman, was sentenced to six years in prison after her 6-week-old son died after ingesting methamphetamine tainted breast milk in 2010. An autopsy reported that the baby died of “methamphetamine toxicity.”

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/breast ... g-use.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

You know - if the stuff was legal the women would have a better chance of being under a doctor's supervision.

I also note that while illegality has not stopped these incidents it has financed the criminal cartels of America. You know - the cost side of prohibition.

And as long as we are on drugs - this is way more common:

http://www.medicinenet.com/fetal_alcoho ... rticle.htm
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Surge in babies born into drug addiction

The above is absolutely impossible. The stuff is illegal.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Sounds like mothers should be licensed for breast feeding babies, then we could avoid improper breast feeding. Peanuts should also be made illegal as sometimes they kill people. Certainly the sale of peanuts should be regulated. I have heard that mothers that eat peanuts and have babies that are allergic to peanuts can cause a dangerous condition when breast feeding those babies. This should be taken up for a a vote again and again until it is passed and anyone that disagrees is clearly advocating hurting babies.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

We must rehabilitate these people. Wait, no. Someone else should do it; it's not our fault they're hurting themselves. I know -- the Government should do it, who else?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

ScottL wrote:I'm sorry but if Trayvon were a Straight A student and white, who had this happen to him, you wouldn't even bring it up.
Probably not. If Trayvon were a straight A student and white, his death wouldn't have been turned into a media cause célèbre, the President wouldn't have commented on it, and most people outside of Seminole County wouldn't know who he was.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:You know - if the stuff was legal the women would have a better chance of being under a doctor's supervision.

Simon, do you KNOW any drug addicts? Thinking that they are going to constrain themselves in any manner is just naive.

MSimon wrote: I also note that while illegality has not stopped these incidents it has financed the criminal cartels of America. You know - the cost side of prohibition.

Illegality has not stopped murder, rape or theft either. Any notion that something can be completely eliminated is also naive. The best that can be hoped for is to constrain crime at some tolerable level.

You keep talking about the "Cost" of prohibition, yet you never want to talk about the "Cost" of indulgence. You gloss over this aspect of the issue as though it were a non-factor, yet the experience of China indicates that the Cost of indulgence greatly exceeds the cost of prohibition by many orders of magnitude.

MSimon wrote: And as long as we are on drugs - this is way more common:

http://www.medicinenet.com/fetal_alcoho ... rticle.htm

And what do you suggest we do about it? I think my license idea is a possible solution, and I can't say i've yet heard of any other idea that might work.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mvanwink5 wrote:Sounds like mothers should be licensed for breast feeding babies, then we could avoid improper breast feeding.

This is the sort of sentence a person writes when they want no one to regard them seriously.

mvanwink5 wrote: Peanuts should also be made illegal as sometimes they kill people. Certainly the sale of peanuts should be regulated. I have heard that mothers that eat peanuts and have babies that are allergic to peanuts can cause a dangerous condition when breast feeding those babies. This should be taken up for a a vote again and again until it is passed and anyone that disagrees is clearly advocating hurting babies.

You just really don't want to admit that these substances (narcotics) are dangerous and ought to be controlled. You come up with these silly "peanut" and "breast feeding" narratives because you simply have no good response to the point.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Betruger wrote:We must rehabilitate these people. Wait, no. Someone else should do it; it's not our fault they're hurting themselves. I know -- the Government should do it, who else?

I guess you are missing the part where they are hurting someone else?
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Diogenes,
When you say "they" you mean the responsible person? Or do you mean the person who is not the responsible person? That seems to get fuzzy when you post, please clarify, if you don't mind.
As always, best regards
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Simon, do you KNOW any drug addicts? Thinking that they are going to constrain themselves in any manner is just naive.
Then just what is the point of prohibition? You are repeating what was learned a long time ago.

Prohibition is an awful flop.
We like it.
It can't stop what it's meant to stop.
We like it.
It's left a trail of graft and slime,
It won't prohibit worth a dime,
It's filled our land with vice and crime.
Nevertheless, we're for it.

Franklin P. Adams, 1931

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Drug use starts with breast feeding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid

The endocannabinoid 2-AG has been found in bovine and human maternal milk.[44]

Mothers Drugging Newborns
http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives ... uggin.html

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

You just really don't want to admit that these substances (narcotics) are dangerous and ought to be controlled.