Factor X have we finally found the fountain of Youth?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

williatw

Re: Factor X have we finally found the fountain of Youth?

Post by williatw »

Aging Reversal tests in dogs by 2019 and then in human tests by 2022 if that works

We will see the first aging reversal test in dog trials in the next year or two. If that works, human trials are another two years away, and eight years before they’re done. Once you get a few going and succeeding it’s a positive feedback loop.

George Church is a Harvard Professor -serial entrepreneur of many multi-million dollar and even billion dollar biotech companies.

George Church describes the roadmap for to human aging reversal treatments

We will see the first aging reversal test in dog trials in the next year or two. If that works, human trials are another two years away, and eight years before they’re done. Once you get a few going and succeeding it’s a positive feedback loop.

His company Rejuvenate Bio is actually working on the dog trial now.

The particular dog model we’re using has a heart disease issue. Rejuvenate Bio is still semi-stealth mode, incubator mode, but the trial is not a secret. Dogs are a market in and of themselves. It’s not just a big organism close to humans. It’s something people will pay for. And the FDA process is much faster for dogs than for humans — a little over a year versus nine years or so. We’ll do dog trials and that’ll be a product, and that’ll pay for scaling up in human trials.

FDA does not need to classify aging as a disease in order for them to treat it

The FDA does not need to classify aging as a disease. If you actually have something that causes aging reversal, [the FDA] will approve it. You’ll frame it in conventional terms, but it can have additional benefits. In other words If you have something that fixes one disease problem and happens to fix a bunch of others, you don’t need to put them all on the label. The FDA doesn’t stop you for using things off label or curing two things at once.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/11/a ... works.html

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

But this ability will no doubt stifle creativity and the formation of new ideas making societies stagnate. We are experiencing this right now as demonstrated by our lawmakers and ultra wealthy that are only living a few more years than average. Rather than leap forwards to new venues and concepts they prefer to try and Keep the status quo. On a day to day basis you can currently pick out examples of people trying the same old ideas that keep the existing power structures and ideas in place. From our newest lawmaker ruling on taxes to social reform that is trying to mimic the "good old days" . A viable society is not build from the head down but from the feet up. Any group that does not conform to changes around it is doomed to fail as exhibited by history time and time again. Evolution is harsh for a reason and perhaps this is the true answer to Fermi paradox without death there is not enough motivation to take risks, and without that risky behavior it ultimately lead to society's collapse as no new solution are Implemented. Name me one great innovation or discover that was made without risk.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:But this ability will no doubt stifle creativity and the formation of new ideas making societies stagnate. We are experiencing this right now as demonstrated by our lawmakers and ultra wealthy that are only living a few more years than average. Rather than leap forwards to new venues and concepts they prefer to try and Keep the status quo. On a day to day basis you can currently pick out examples of people trying the same old ideas that keep the existing power structures and ideas in place. From our newest lawmaker ruling on taxes to social reform that is trying to mimic the "good old days" . A viable society is not build from the head down but from the feet up. Any group that does not conform to changes around it is doomed to fail as exhibited by history time and time again. Evolution is harsh for a reason and perhaps this is the true answer to Fermi paradox without death there is not enough motivation to take risks, and without that risky behavior it ultimately lead to society's collapse as no new solution are Implemented. Name me one great innovation or discover that was made without risk.
Yes but firstly curing aging is not immortality; you will still die just not practically guaranteed after at best 70-80 odd years like we have now. Secondly are any of the problems you describe individually or in aggregate worth letting 150K people a day die? The "old" we have now in positions of leadership are physically and mentally rapidly sliding into decrepitude. The "old" if aging was cured wouldn't really be old; their brains/bodies would be continuously repaired; not suffering from early onset dementia or pre-Alzheimer or anything like that. And thirdly we haven't even considered the inevitable upgrades; your "repaired" brain (and body) working perhaps better than the one you had at twenty or thirty years of age because of engineered improvements in functionality. Regardless you have to admit though that the marketing strategy is brilliant; selling it at least initially as pet regeneration/age reversal therapies for our pet dogs. We will know years faster than we would have waiting for much slower aging humans to show unambiguous results; to say nothing of avoiding the much longer FDA approval process for new drugs for humans. Furthermore the pet regeneration is very much a stand alone profitable business if it works; even if somehow the therapies never translate to humans, which I very much doubt would be the case.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

You bring up some good counterpoints.
I wonder how long before you can get a bootleg "treatment" from the local body shop?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

paperburn1 wrote:But this ability will no doubt stifle creativity and the formation of new ideas making societies stagnate. We are experiencing this right now as demonstrated by our lawmakers and ultra wealthy that are only living a few more years than average. Rather than leap forwards to new venues and concepts they prefer to try and Keep the status quo. On a day to day basis you can currently pick out examples of people trying the same old ideas that keep the existing power structures and ideas in place. From our newest lawmaker ruling on taxes to social reform that is trying to mimic the "good old days" . A viable society is not build from the head down but from the feet up. Any group that does not conform to changes around it is doomed to fail as exhibited by history time and time again. Evolution is harsh for a reason and perhaps this is the true answer to Fermi paradox without death there is not enough motivation to take risks, and without that risky behavior it ultimately lead to society's collapse as no new solution are Implemented.
So what? Go somewhere else and be your own gerontocrat. Or go somewhere else and be among more fluid minded folk. The idea that we must live in a single planet, single century, single mindedly, is what's *more* paralyzing.

In fact curing aging will *force* [edit: *force questioning if not abandoning] some fairly huge social status quo's. It's inevitable; and for the better. As usual (so far anyway) mankind must be forced into adapting to survive.
Name me one great innovation or discover that was made without risk.
You think the risk of dying will get less significant when you have 2x, 10x, 100x the amount of experience and time invested ? And again a hint of major bias: complaining that people will stay stuck on various and sundry "stupid" is very old school aging POV. Because if you have time on your side then you can literally take your time and deal with those inflexible bastards.
paperburn1 wrote:You bring up some good counterpoints.
https://www.leafscience.org/category/concerns/
Gerontocracy is actually a real word, cool :)
Last edited by Betruger on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Gerontocracy is actually a real word, cool :)

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insig ... story/175/

18 of the 33 Senators running for reelection in 2018 will be 65 or older. If they win, another six years in office would put Senators Feinstein, Hatch, Nelson, and Sanders well into their 80’s. Looking ahead at the 2020 elections, 21 of the 33 Senators running for reelection will be 65 or older.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The big problem I see is voters who never learned the lessons of history keep sending fools with the same bad ideas back to elected office term after term.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Emigrate?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

williatw

Post by williatw »

History Making Episode! Telomere Lengthening Solution Found, Dr. Bill Andrews - Part 1

Published on Mar 19, 2017

This is Part 1 of 2: Dr. Bill Andrews joins the program to discuss his latest research. He gives a bombshell history making announcement that will forever change the world! Listen to both episodes to understand his work and to learn about the World Changing announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXLeEJqsvh8

History Changing! Full Solution Found to Reverse Aging of Human Cells with Dr. Bill Andrews - Pt. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCVonsT4yrk

ADDENDUM: shorter version for the patience (time) limited.

Published on Apr 7, 2017

This is perhaps the most significant medical breakthrough in human history. Dr. Bill Andrews explains the primate trial starting late 2017 and the first human treatments that are planned to fully lengthen human telomeres. While the treatment is expensive, the money will go towards finding a less expensive option so more people can afford the treatments. This is a segment cut from the full episode recorded March 22nd, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFHppPkvsM&t=4s

He is gearing up to be able to make one treatment for one person for a price of approx. 2 million dollars; he doesn't know/isn't predicting how much the single treatment (telomere lengthening) will "reverse" ageing. He also says he has ~1500 people willing/able to pay said 2 million once the treatment becomes available.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

9 months later...

williatw

Post by williatw »

Betruger wrote:9 months later...

You don't have to wait for after 2019 or so if you have a pair of Cojones`:

Scientific Medical Studies: Mammals to Double Lifespan, C60 & Telomere Lengthening

Scientists Ian Mitchell and Dr. Ayyappan Subbiah joins the program to discuss the scientific medical studies and breakthroughs they are seeing using C60 and Telomere lengthening enzymes. They are seeing significantly increases in health and lifespan in mammals. Their breakthrough product, (available now for pets) is bringing remarkable results and has been backed up by hundreds of tests and many medical trials performed in conjunction with top Universities around the United States. This interview is groundbreaking and will show you the future of medicine and the potential future of mankind. It's an exciting discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6NLoSeshw

Good enough for your pooch it is maybe good enough for you; if you want to order:

https://livepetllc.com/

This a follow up results to a study done back in 2012 I posted; about using administered Carbon 60 as a very powerful anti-oxidant (possibly telomere preserver). Allegedly producing up to 90% or so increase in life expectancy for rats; don't know about how much for dogs though. They (the link above) say they add their proprietary peptides to the C60 mixture that they claim lengthen telomeres. In the link they admit that some of the people who order it for their pets are apparently using it themselves; as well as saying that one of the developers (Mitchell) admits taking it regularly.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I have never been a early adopter but if you do let me know after about 6 weeks

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:I have never been a early adopter but if you do let me know after about 6 weeks
I don't have a dog or I would consider it...but for those of you here who do maybe it is time for your bow-wow to step up to the plate. Think of it as your dog volunteering for a phase one trial.

Here's another link from another source:

C60 Sells Out Everywhere After Clif High Show - Learn Why

Sarah Westall

Published on Sep 23, 2017

Tom Martin, Founder and CEO of C60 OliveOil .com, joins the program to discuss the amazing benefits of C60. Hear why the entire industry sold out of the product after my interview with Clif High!

You will learn that C60 has the potential to extend live. Hear about the amazing results and studies going on all over the world.

Learn more at https://carbon60oliveoil.com/

Here is the Clif High video where we discuss C60: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLrY...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1xDkMxMv8

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

No hurry here. No old pets and not near enough old age to consider it. I'll wait and see.

Curing aging is the number one issue mankind faces today and for the foreseeable (by current standards) future. Nothing else compares. I have yet to see any sufficient reason against it. Even climate change is below it: right off the bat it changes the context of CC. Because once over the substantial almost all-encompassing change of perspective of double (or more) lifespan, CC clearly becomes more than some distant abstraction.

The slippery slope of accelerating tech and lifespan's receding horizon will become impossible to neglect soon now, even for the most near- and narrow-minded.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Climate changes. But how is it changing, and what drives it? I consider the people who claim CO2 from fossil fuels is going to warm the planet disastrously to be fools, or worse.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.