Kid's Pot Use Up

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Kid's Pot Use Up

Post by MSimon »

Headline:

Kids smoke pot, don't drink

http://www.sfbg.com/politics/2011/12/14 ... dont-drink
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Fantastic! Great news! Bold it!

Again, have you changed from advocating for drug legalization to advocating for drug use?
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

seedload wrote:Fantastic! Great news! Bold it!

Again, have you changed from advocating for drug legalization to advocating for drug use?
I propose that those heavy into alcohol switch to pot. It is safer. Evidently the kids have wised up to the fact. The "adults" seem to remain on the stupid side. But the OFs are dying off. It is no longer a matter of if, just when.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

BTW before it was made illegal cannabis was recognized medically as a substitute for alcohol for those with alcohol problems.

The post was inspired by a bunch of comments by those who said pot use among kids was down.

seedload

Post by seedload »

MSimon wrote:The post was inspired by a bunch of comments by those who said pot use among kids was down.
The reply was inspired by the post that the smart kids are smoking pot.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

seedload wrote:
MSimon wrote:The post was inspired by a bunch of comments by those who said pot use among kids was down.
The reply was inspired by the post that the smart kids are smoking pot.
And the stupid kids are still getting drunk.

quixote

Post by quixote »

Out of curiosity, how does smoking pot compare with smoking cigarettes with regard to its effect on the lungs? From what I've read in a casual google search, it seems to be much worse, but I haven't seen too much info on it.

Do you guys have any decent sources?

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

MSimon wrote:I propose that those heavy into alcohol switch to pot. It is safer.
It's only safer if you don't mind developing cannabis psychosis and other permanent cognitive impairment.

http://priory.com/psych/cannabis.htm

There is NOTHING safe about pot.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

quixote wrote:Out of curiosity, how does smoking pot compare with smoking cigarettes with regard to its effect on the lungs? From what I've read in a casual google search, it seems to be much worse, but I haven't seen too much info on it.

I am not an expert in the field, but I think that lung wise smoke is smoke.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:
MSimon wrote:I propose that those heavy into alcohol switch to pot. It is safer.
It's only safer if you don't mind developing cannabis psychosis and other permanent cognitive impairment.

http://priory.com/psych/cannabis.htm

There is NOTHING safe about pot.
He didn't say that pot is safe, he proposed that "those heavy into alcohol switch to pot. It is safer."
Having known alcohol addicts and pot smokers (and not being part of either category) I tend to strongly agree on his statement.

choff

Post by choff »

According to this one, teens are using more cannibus than tobacco.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/tee ... a-infopane
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Giorgio wrote:
quixote wrote:Out of curiosity, how does smoking pot compare with smoking cigarettes with regard to its effect on the lungs? From what I've read in a casual google search, it seems to be much worse, but I haven't seen too much info on it.

I am not an expert in the field, but I think that lung wise smoke is smoke.
No. That is government propaganda.

the International Conference of the American Thoracic Society (ATS) concluding that smoking marijuana, even long-term, is not positively associated with increased incidence of lung-cancer

While the investigators’ failure to demonstrate a positive association between cannabis use and cancer may seem surprising to some, the bottom line is that scientists overseas have been studying pot’s potential anti-cancer properties for nearly a decade. Most recently, investigators at Italy's Instuto di Chemica Biomolecolare reported in the May issue of the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics that compounds in marijuana inhibit cancer cell growth in animals and in culture on a wide range of tumor cell lines, including human breast carcinoma cells, human prostate carcinoma cells, and human colectoral carcinoma cells.

All from: http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr1 ... ntano.html

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

A book on the subject from Amazon:

Marijuana Is Safer

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

This is starting to sound like arguing that Full Metal Jacketed rounds are safer to shoot people with than Hollow Points.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ladajo wrote:This is starting to sound like arguing that Full Metal Jacketed rounds are safer to shoot people with than Hollow Points.
More like water is safer than wine. Both will kill you if you drink enough. But you have to drink a lot more water at a sitting.

BTW the estimated overdose level for pot is something like smoking a thousand pounds in 15 minutes. (the number was put into the record and not contradicted in the DEA Judge Young rescheduling case) No one in recorded history has been able to do it. The dug deaths attributed to pot have all been poly-drug cases.

Did I mention smoking 200 cigarettes in 15 minutes will kill you? It has been tried. It worked.

What I find interesting is that on one of the major topics of the day so much ignorance and misinformation abounds. It is not like tying a few words into Google and following the links is so hard.