Evil? Now, perhaps. Later? Not so much.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Evil? Now, perhaps. Later? Not so much.

Post by Diogenes »

Stubby wrote:Wow arguing over fiction.
2000 year old book club gone wrong.

Talk about the Koran like that you little f***. Show us all how brave you are. It's easy to pick on people who won't whip the ever living sh*t out of you.

Show some guts and say that about Islam.

Yeah, I thought so.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Diogenes, angry much? You really need a toke.

Islam, like all religions, is a poison. It corrupts and fetters the mind.
All religions say theirs is the right one and all others are wrong. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong.
Before realizing I was an atheist, I was a deist for a very long time. Religions that have an "OR ELSE" built in to them like christianity or islam turned me off.
Believe or burn forever. Believe or die. Or religions with a stick and carrot . Believe and you get 72 virgins (be sure to specify the gender you want!). Believe and you live forever. One day I refused to be this gullible anymore and I will never be again.

The koran, like the bible, is a musty, outdated book of stories frequently distorted to serve the desires of sick people in their thirst for power.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Stubby wrote:Diogenes, angry much? You really need a toke.

Islam, like all religions, is a poison. It corrupts and fetters the mind.
All religions say theirs is the right one and all others are wrong. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong.
Before realizing I was an atheist, I was a deist for a very long time. Religions that have an "OR ELSE" built in to them like christianity or islam turned me off.
Believe or burn forever. Believe or die. Or religions with a stick and carrot . Believe and you get 72 virgins (be sure to specify the gender you want!). Believe and you live forever. One day I refused to be this gullible anymore and I will never be again.

The koran, like the bible, is a musty, outdated book of stories frequently distorted to serve the desires of sick people in their thirst for power.
Actually omega 3s will do as well I'm told. But it can take around a month for the endogenous endocannabinoids to build up sufficiently.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4465
Nutritional omega-3 deficiency <snip>

Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21278728
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

then he should have an Omega 3 sunny side up to increase his chances of being happier.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Something relevant to this thread's debate, comparison of monogamous vs. polygamous cultures: http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/169483/
“Compared to monogamous societies, polygamous cultures see more rape, kidnapping, murder, assault, robbery, fraud, child neglect and child abuse.”
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

You really need to quote the actual study as opposed to some blogger stating that such a study exists and says what he says it says.

In case anyone wants to read the study it is called

The puzzle of monogamous marriage

by
Joseph Henrich,
Robert Boyd,
and Peter J. Richerson

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

This came up in relation to today's Supreme Circus rulings.
SECTION 1.
Section 221.5 of the Education Code is amended to read:
(f) A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions, and use facilities consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.
http://openstates.org/ca/bills/20132014/AB1266/
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces ... 0140AB1266
This has passed the California Assembly, and is making its way through the Senate.

Consider: Boys and girls claiming the opposite gender identity to use locker room and shower facilities with the opposite gender. Probably a small minority, but enough to cause overwhelming trouble.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

D@mned Canadian prudes. Always trying to impose their morality on other people.

Enemas and sex act shock audience at Winnipeg Fringe show
"What I saw were not one, not two, but three mayonnaise enemas," said Fringe Festival reviewer Michelle Palansky, who was in the audience Friday night.

"By the third time… I was like, you know, this is gratuitous. I do not need to see any more mayonnaise enemas for the rest of my lifetime."
"You can't be a performer on stage in Winnipeg, or any other city, and not know the laws of the land," said Palansky. "And as far as I know, everyone should know that live sex acts are not allowed on stage period."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... mance.html
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013 ... Punishment
A Christian chaplain in the military is being officially censored for engaging in free speech, and anti-Christian activists are demanding he be punished.

Lt. Col. Kenneth Reyes is a Christian chaplain currently serving in the U.S. Air Force. He is stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska. As an ordained clergyman whose duties are to provide religious instruction and spiritual counseling, he has a page on the base’s website called “Chaplain’s Corner.”

Reyes recently wrote an essay entitled, “No Atheists in Foxholes: Chaplains Gave All in World War II.” This common saying is attributed to a Catholic priest in World War II, made famous when President Dwight D. Eisenhower said during a 1954 speech: "I am delighted that our veterans are sponsoring a movement to increase our awareness of God in our daily lives. In battle, they learned a great truth that there are no atheists in the foxholes."

choff

Post by choff »

Regarding that section 1 of the supreme court ruling, what's to stop an individual from claiming his gender identity switches back and forth between male and female constantly during the day, allowing them to employ either set of gender based facilities wheneven they feel like it, think individual with multiple personality disorder.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:Regarding that section 1 of the supreme court ruling, what's to stop an individual from claiming his gender identity switches back and forth between male and female constantly during the day, allowing them to employ either set of gender based facilities wheneven they feel like it, think individual with multiple personality disorder.

What's the matter dude? You got something against love?

— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Married to a Doll: Why One Man Advocates Synthetic Love

Sidore is a RealDoll, manufactured by Abyss Creations in the shape of a human woman. She is covered in artificial skin made of silicone, so she’s soft. These high-end, anatomically correct—even equipped with fake tongues—love dolls (or capital-D Dolls) are ostensibly made for sex. But 40-year-old Davecat (a nickname acquired from videogames that he now prefers to go by) and others who call themselves iDollators see their dolls as life partners, not sex toys. Davecat and Sidore (or, as he sometimes calls her, Shi-chan) obviously aren’t legally married, but they do have matching wedding bands that say “Synthetik [sic] love lasts forever,” and he says they’re considering some sort of ceremony for their 15th anniversary.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... ve/279361/
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/2 ... about-god/

The vid and the text are two different examples.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Regarding the text:
Teacher was wrong.
School handled it properly.

Video on the other hand...

Interesting site.