Evil? Now, perhaps. Later? Not so much.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

That is a chilling thought for many Americans, including this one. They may be nutbags and stupid, but unless they are known to be doing something illegal, I would rather put up with them then such an intrusive police system.
I think that this is the right thing to do, though.
You dont want these pedophiles or whatever you want to call them run arround freely raping little children? Then you have to be watchfull.
The price of freedom is being watchfull at all times.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:All these things MAY be true, but the difference between "homophiliacs" and "pedophiliacs" is that the homo type is only legal between consenting individuals, and with the pedo type, children by definition can't consent to sexual activity. Pedophilia MAY be "normal" but statutory rape is still rape.
The concept of "consent" is a legal artifice. 50 years ago Homosexuals couldn't legally consent either.
If no one can consent to anything then the government will need to be watching to make sure we only do what is allowed. That is the trouble with liberty. Some one somewhere might make a "bad" decision. We can't have that.

Besides. Think of all the jobs that will be created for minders.

We can avoid learning from our mistakes because our betters in the legislature know what is good for us. They will have consulted the best experts money can buy.

The argument which you are denouncing, is regarding people determined to be non compos mentis.

Are you arguing that people with a psychological disorder should NOT be prevented from indulging their urges? Autistics and various others who suffer from mental retardation having sex with each other sounds like a very bad idea to me.

The way I see it, either government stops them from having sex, or someone is going to have to deal with the mentally retarded babies. Do you see a third option? Please tell us how to deal with this problem without government involvement.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:We can start with - no woman can consent to sex without prior government approval specifying the place, time, and allowed acts. With minders watching to make sure the rules are followed. The advantage is that if pregnancy should follow a responsible male will be positively identified.

OTOH I expect a sex underground would develop for those who want to be alone during the act. Who could enjoy such perversion? Or for those who want more than one watcher. Doubly (or more) perverse.

“Political tags–such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth–are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.” – Robert A. Heinlein

I would be happy if government didn't subsidize the behavior by paying her to sit on her @ss after getting pregnant. I would be happy to agree that we don't need the stick if YOU would agree to get rid of the carrot!
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:We could have food minders to cure obesity.

Or we could just let people suffer the consequences of their own behavior. I am certainly for THAT idea. Make them pay their OWN medical bills.
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The argument which you are denouncing, is regarding people determined to be non compos mentis.
If that is legally determined I'm fine with it. Depending on the requirements.

http://classicalvalues.com/2011/09/the- ... ty-system/

Money quote:

The guiding principle? “How can other people consent to something I don’t like?”
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:If consent is an invalid idea we will need laws for everything. That could take a while to develop. But there is a ready made system that is good to go right now.

Sharia.

What in blue blazes are you going on about? No one has suggested that "consent" be done away with. *I* was merely pointing out that 50 years ago, "Legal consent" was denied to Homosexuals because they were designated (as a class) to be suffering from a psychological disorder. It was not denied to people considered by the medical and legal authorities (of that time) to be of sound mind.

I also point out, that back then people considered it a sickness and a mental disease. This is how Pedophilia is regarded for the time being. The homosexuals lobbied the public for decades, and eventually they changed the law AND public opinion.

Now the pedophiles and their supporters are going to follow the same blueprint, and eventually they are going to get what they want as well. (Unless society collapses first.) The normalization of pedophilia has already started. People just don't want to acknowledge it. Some photos to illustrate what I mean are just too provocative for me to post. Here's a couple of links, and one well known example.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ldren.html

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-05 ... oves-child

— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:I forgot to mention that at one time you could not consent to have sex with a black person. Too much race mixing is a really bad idea.
One thing really amusing about this is that Abraham Lincoln Ran on preventing race mixing as part of his platform. He argued that there would be much less of it if the slaves were freed, because most mixing was the result of the white master having sex with his female slaves.
Abraham Lincoln wrote:But Judge Douglas is especially horrified at the thought of the mixing blood by the white and black races: agreed for once — a thousand times agreed. There are white men enough to marry all the white women, and black men enough to marry all the black women; and so let them be married. On this point we fully agreed with the Judge; and when he shall show that his policy is better adapted to prevent amalgamation than ours we shall drop ours, and adopt his. Let us see. In 1840 there were in the Untied States, 405,751, mulattoes. Very few of these are the offspring of white and free blacks; nearly all have sprung from black slaves and white masters. A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation but as an immediate separation is impossible the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together
We had a civil war and all of that got straightened out.

MSimon wrote: And the Islamics in some places don't allow non members to marry into the religion without conversion. And marry out of the religion? Don't even think about it.

Where will it all end? Badly to be sure.

Of course that brings up the opposite problem:

If you tell people what to do they will do the opposite. Otherwise they will do as they dam well please.
Don't care, as long as *I* don't have to pay to rescue them. Unfortunately, they keep picking my pocket for other people's bad decisions. What's wrong with me not having to pay for THEIR bad decisions?

On the other hand, if they are going to force me to fork over my money for other people's bad behavior, why can't I demand some self control?

Why is this a one way street in your mind?
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Skipjack wrote:
That is a chilling thought for many Americans, including this one. They may be nutbags and stupid, but unless they are known to be doing something illegal, I would rather put up with them then such an intrusive police system.
You dont want these pedophiles or whatever you want to call them run arround freely raping little children? Then you have to be watchfull.
They aren't raping children. (far as anyone knows.) They are advocating for people to stop calling it "rape" (sodomy is now a politically incorrect term) and for making consensual sex with minors legal, Unless I misunderstood something somewhere. They are asking that the age of consent be lowered.

Lower the age of consent a day, they will ask for a week. Lower it a week, and they will ask for a month. Lower it a month and they will ask for a year. Lower it a year and they will ask for two. Lower it two and they will ask for four. Lower it four and they will ask for eight.

That's how incrementalism works. Today we think EEEEWWWWW!!!! Two decades from now we will think "it's just another sexual orientation."

If morals aren't based on something solid, they will float around, trending towards the worse.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tell me again your theory that they don't keep moving the bar?

After demise of ‘don’t ask,’ activists call for end to military ban on transgenders

“Our position is that the military should re-examine the policy, the medical regulations, so as to allow open service for transgender people,” said Vincent Paolo Villano, spokesman for the 6,000-member Center for Transgender Equality.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... or-end-to/
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Not that anybody will admit I might be right or anything...

Britain’s Leading Gay Activist Calls for Lowering of Age of Consent to 14

LONDON, September 1, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – One of Britain’s leading homosexualist activists has called again for the lowering of the age of sexual consent from 16 to 14, saying that this will reduce incidents of sexual abuse of young people. Peter Tatchell, founder of the group OutRage!, wrote on the website Big Think, “Whether we like it or not, many teenagers have their first sexual experience around the ages of 14 or 15.”
OutRage! has long lobbied for the lowering of the age of consent in Britain, which was already lowered for homosexual acts from age 21 in 1994 and again in 2000 to 16, after heavy lobbying by homosexualist activists.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archiv ... p/10090110
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

It used to be common for girls of 14 or so to marry and have children not long after. But woe be to the girl who got pregnant outside marriage or married without her father's approval. I can see age of consent laws as a partial substitute for the older social constraints.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ANOTHER example.

Video: Overwhelming Stench and Filth at #OWS as Protesters Chant, “You Can Have Sex With Animals”

(OWS= Occupy Wall Street)

Here, astonishingly, the OWS creepy, collectivist hive obediently repeated the line, “You can have sex with animals or whatever….” FF to 1:00 min in:

http://moonbattracker.com/wordpress/?p=2616
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Terribly funny sites there Dio, gave me a good laugh. About as true as the tea party being racist due to a handful of invitees. :)

"OMG They smell, they must be the devil!"

It's liket he dumbass webcam pics all over the net telling them to get a job when 91% of the "occupation" are currently employed and join in after work hours. *Golf Clap*

Of course you know better than this and are just posting these things to stir the pot so to speak.

choff

Post by choff »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 092109.htm

If brain defects are the cause, eventually early screening and treatment may be developed. For now all we can do is ankle monitors and incarceration. I wonder what they'd do with Lewis Carroll if he were alive today.
CHoff

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

Skipjack wrote:
This.

Under no circumstance should we have police just tossing people into jails without due process and a fair and impartial trial.

Currently I live in South Korea, and for those who don't know this country has a 99% conviction rate. It's because your presumed guilty until proven innocent and the judge and prosecutor both work for the same people. By the time your walking into the court room you've already been determined by the police chief and DA to be guilty and the trial is really about how much you can abash yourself to get a lenient sentence. Of course after your "convicted" you have several appeals and most people get suspended sentences or the judgements overturned on appeal, those appeals never make the newspapers but the convictions do.

I'm sorry but that's not a system I want to live under permanently. The policy are lazy and often nab the easiest / closest potential suspect as the guilty party, better hope you got good rich connections to persuade the police chief otherwise.

That all being said, an older middle aged man raped an 8yr old girl in the a$$ then shoves a plunger inside to remove the "evidence" which just serves to permanently damage her lower intestinal tract. The sentence was ... 12 yrs with a chance of being lowered or suspended. In another case two men are found guilty of serially raping their mentally ill niece. Their sentenced to 6yrs suspended sentences and she's released back into their custody. Yeah .... really bad legal systems...