Credible, Unconfirmed

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Credible, Unconfirmed

Post by KitemanSA »

So, the credible, unconfirmed reports are that Al Qaeda is planning something for New York and / or Washington on 9/11.

What do you think of the rumor that the target is the Redskins-Giants game on that day?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:.... the credible, unconfirmed reports are that Al Qaeda is planning something ......
I might be wrong, but it looks to me just a way to cover one's responsibilities in case something will really happen.

I do not count anymore the times that these type of alarms have been made in the last 10 years.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Al Qaeda will achieve nothing. Ever.
They will destroy themselves with their own vanity.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Giorgio wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:.... the credible, unconfirmed reports are that Al Qaeda is planning something ......
I might be wrong, but it looks to me just a way to cover one's responsibilities in case something will really happen.

I do not count anymore the times that these type of alarms have been made in the last 10 years.
Sounds like they beat someone at Gitmo too much and he made up something to make them stop. Notice the Taliban was the only bunch to do anything and that was in Afghanistan.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Sounds like they beat someone at Gitmo too much and he made up something to make them stop. Notice the Taliban was the only bunch to do anything and that was in Afghanistan.
Hehe, that was a good one ;)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

DavidWillard wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
Hehe, that was a good one ;)
Agreed, torture usually ends up with the victims caving in and making stuff up. The really nasty ones play with their master's head and give disinformation like this. Causing the master to spin his wheels and churn in paranoia, intentionally causing more damage than the terrorist actions in the first place.
People who know what they are doing do not ask leading questions. The Russians used torture very effectively during World War II (and subsequently.) Their methodology was very simple. The would tell captured enemy soldiers to tell them something they wanted to hear. If they refused, they smashed a knuckle with a hammer, proceeding through all the joints till they got some information.

They would only halt long enough to confirm whether the information was true, and woe betide the one who told them something false.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —