Guns And Weed – The Road To Freedom

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Guns And Weed – The Road To Freedom

Post by MSimon »

Guns And Weed – The Road To Freedom - Because Liberty Is Indivisible

http://classicalvalues.com/2011/08/guns ... o-freedom/

You can watch the whole movie - links at the above - plus the post has a trailer so you can get a preview.

From the trailer: “I was an undercover narcotics officer [secret police - Ed.], the Drug War is nothing but a farce.”
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The idea of mixing firearms and mind altering drugs makes me very nervous. It doesn't go well with the Clint Eastwood school of gun control.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

as opposed to drinking and driving? Or smoking and voting?

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

A political mix versus a literal mix are totally different.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

My personal stance is that the whole "war on drugs" is just pure nonsense.
Liberalizing light drugs will not bring society on the verge of destruction like many are claiming, and we have many countries where weed is legal that can easily prove this point.
And this is coming from a person that never smoked nor took any type of drugs in his life.

Same goes for weapons possession.
I think that citizen possession of weapons is a good deterrent to the ambition and greed of our "dear" leaders who tend to forget too easily who is actually paying their salaries.
Just look the situation in Switzerland and compare it to the rest of the world.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Giorgio wrote:My personal stance is that the whole "war on drugs" is just pure nonsense.
Liberalizing light drugs will not bring society on the verge of destruction like many are claiming, and we have many countries where weed is legal that can easily prove this point.
And this is coming from a person that never smoked nor took any type of drugs in his life.

Same goes for weapons possession.
I think that citizen possession of weapons is a good deterrent to the ambition and greed of our "dear" leaders who tend to forget too easily who is actually paying their salaries.
Just look the situation in Switzerland and compare it to the rest of the world.
you act like politicians dont KNOW that armed citizens are a threat to their path of corruption feeding at the public trough.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I know very well that they know. The problem is simply that there is not yet enough citizens that understand this, but I am confident that the coming harsh times will teach many to open their eyes and start using their brain.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The idea of mixing firearms and mind altering drugs makes me very nervous. It doesn't go well with the Clint Eastwood school of gun control.
Yeah, it kinda sounds a bit creepy, hu?

I do think that drug users should be decriminalized. Jail wont help their drug problem and certainly will not do away with the reason for it either.
BUT, I am against allowing anyone to deal any drug. Light drugs like marihuana, could be legalized with a dutch model. The rest should still be illegal to sell (spanish model), but there could be controlled administration to addicts in special clinics, where they also get therapy and treatment for whatever makes them "self medicate". Self medication, no matter what drug it is, is never a good idea, unless you are a medical professional and even among medical doctors there is a bit of a frowning at that.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

When the drug in question impairs judgement, self medication is a bad idea, period.

I could go with illicit drug use being a class of offense not necessarily carrying jail time or fine, but disqualifying the drug abuser from activities , such as firearm usage, where poor judgement threatens the public. The common drug pusher should remain classed as a common criminal.

choff

Post by choff »

Read a story in the local paper today. Seems one stoner up north phoned the local RCMP detachment thinking it was a dial a dope operation. He arranged to meet with the police officer and promised to exchange some Oxycotin for the Weed. He got busted for carrying an illegal weapon along with everything else.
CHoff

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

In case of weed, I would at least ask for the same restrictions that currently apply to alcohol to apply to this drug as well.
I am not sure about the regulations in the US, but I would assume that it is not allowed to handle firearms while under the influence. I might be wrong though.
In Austria we have a mandatory psych evaluation before people get a carrying permit (and that got a lot more difficult recently, something I am not sure was necessary).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:In case of weed, I would at least ask for the same restrictions that currently apply to alcohol to apply to this drug as well.
I strongly second that.