A picture is worth a thousand words.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post by Diogenes »

This picture is an important clue in a puzzle which I believe I have solved.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

chrismb

A picture is worth a thou

Post by chrismb »

You mean "A picture is worth a thou"?!

:lol:

bcglorf

Enough already

Post by bcglorf »

I'll bite, what on earth are you talking about?

The leap from this picture to your accepting Obama is a natural born citizen still completely evades my understanding.

Diogenes

Re: Enough already

Post by Diogenes »

bcglorf wrote:I'll bite, what on earth are you talking about?

The leap from this picture to your accepting Obama is a natural born citizen still completely evades my understanding.

Do you see that Album lying on the edge of the chair? That Album is:

As that Album was released January 1, 1960, (according to this link.) the picture can be no older than that.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

...unless this is a photo in the apartment of Chris(?), the artist who drew it a year before it was used, as he was getting ready to make his pitch to the record company to be the sleeve artist.

Are you taking something narcotic today, D?

bcglorf

Post by bcglorf »

Diogenes wrote:
bcglorf wrote:I'll bite, what on earth are you talking about?

Do you see that Album lying on the edge of the chair? That Album is:

As that Album was released January 1, 1960, (according to this link.) the picture can be no older than that.
I'm afraid I have no idea what the picture is supposed to be of. I have zero context here. A picture of a lamp, a chair and an album don't connect to the president for me in any way. Presumably it's related to Obama in some fashion???

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Who knew chrismb was a jazz fan, let alone an artist? :wink:

Actually, I would guess that the words on the wall say "Merry Christmas".

But there's a problem here: according to several online sources, Cuban Fire! was recorded (and presumably released) in 1956. There was a CD release in 1991 which also contained some tracks recorded in 1960, but those tracks weren't on the original vinyl release. A release date of 01/01/1960 indicates a lack of precision to me.

Does this have anything to do with Obama's alleged birthdate? :roll:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

chrismb wrote:...unless this is a photo in the apartment of Chris(?), the artist who drew it a year before it was used, as he was getting ready to make his pitch to the record company to be the sleeve artist.

Are you taking something narcotic today, D?
I wish. Bear with me. You MIGHT find this interesting. I'm trying to pull a Sherlock Holmes here. :)
Last edited by Diogenes on Thu May 05, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

By the way, I have just uncovered a photograph of Stan Kenton (with June Christy at his side) chatting with fellow Wichitan Stanley Armour Dunham. The caption describes the latter as an "unidentified man", but we all know who he is. :wink:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

bcglorf wrote:
I'm afraid I have no idea what the picture is supposed to be of. I have zero context here. A picture of a lamp, a chair and an album don't connect to the president for me in any way. Presumably it's related to Obama in some fashion???

It is very important that the context be kept out of the image until what information can be gleaned from it is demonstrated. The Album establishes the picture's oldest possible date. 1-1-1960. This Next image will help get it a little closer.

Note the same lamp and Chair as in the earlier photo. Also that "Chri" on the Wall which Chrismb mentioned is a sign that Says "Christmas" with another sign saying "Merry" just above it.
— Lord Melbourne —

bcglorf

Post by bcglorf »

Diogenes wrote:
bcglorf wrote:

It is very important that the context be kept out of the image until what information can be gleaned from it is demonstrated. The Album establishes the picture's oldest possible date. 1-1-1960. This Next image will help get it a little closer.

Note the same lamp and Chair as in the earlier photo. Also that "Chri" on the Wall which Chrismb mentioned is a sign that Says "Christmas" with another sign saying "Merry" just above it.
But the album was actually recorded and released in 1956...

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Ivy Matt wrote:By the way, I have just uncovered a photograph of Stan Kenton (with June Christy at his side) chatting with fellow Wichitan Stanley Armour Dunham. The caption describes the latter as an "unidentified man", but we all know who he is. :wink:

Hmmm.. I wasn't aware of that. Interesting.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

bcglorf wrote:

The Music was recorded in 1956, but this website (and at least one other.) says it was released January of 1960. Do you have a link to a website that claims the LP was released earlier?

Let us assume for the sake of argument that the picture is no older than 1960. There are other reasons for believing this is likely the case that I have not shown yet. We will come back to this later if necessary.

Assuming it's no older than 1960, what does the Christmas Tree and Presents tell us?
— Lord Melbourne —

bcglorf

Post by bcglorf »

Diogenes wrote:
bcglorf wrote:

The Music was recorded in 1956, but this website (and at least one other.) says it was released January of 1960. Do you have a link to a website that claims the LP was released earlier?
Several:

ebay

Billboard newspaper archive

The last is probably the final note needed, a September 1st, 1956 paper discussing the album. Just google Cuban Fire! - Capitol #731, Capitol records probably has a definitive release date for record #731 if you don't consider the paper reliable.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Obama was born in 1961, so whether this album was released in 1956 or 1960 is immaterial, if B. Obama or his parents are in the uncropped photo, if his mother is shown holding a baby it could be anyone's baby, including B. O. The age of the album could be 1 week post release to decades post release.
Now if B. O was born in 1955 and this photo showed him him or his pregnant mother, then there could be some speculation if he lied about his age or if has a older sibling, etc. But, even then, it would say nothing about his place of birth.

Or, alternately this could end up being a photoshop manipulation. I have seen one clumsy photoshoped (very obvious that B. O. was cropped out) image of him and his maternal grandparents presented by a birther blogger as 'proof' that Obama was not an American.

[EDIT] Having read in another thread that this picture may have been the reason that his birther position was abandoned,still seams weak. If there was a conspiracy to plant false birth cirtificate, newspaper articles, family and school photes, etc. There could be planted period objects that might be in a photo designed to provide a false reality. Perhaps it was the volume of improbably false data that overwhelmed the increasingly desperate and improbable conspiracy arguements.

Dan Tibbets

Dan Tibbets
Last edited by D Tibbets on Thu May 05, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To error is human... and I'm very human.