Go navy!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: Go navy!

Post by ladajo »

It isn't meant for Anti-Ship Missile Defense. It is meant for slow movers, surface or air. That includes chickens.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

A chicken shooter!
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

mvanwink5 wrote:A chicken shooter!
No, that is a different weapon.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Now I see the utility of shooting sea gulls! Reduced jet maintenance costs.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

In general terms, the shooting at and hitting of things incurs a reduction in future maintenance costs. Especially when they are not your things. But even if they are your things, it can reduce future maintenance costs. Typically with a good solid hit resulting in catastrophic failure of integrity.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

What could be more fun would be to light up a coffee mug on the other guy's bridge when he is not paying full attention...like when he is distrated by the roasted chicken.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Sailors would never do that.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Dunno what you are talking about.

Hey, what's that over there??? Lookit! Quick!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Don’t Wash That Coffee Mug!

He grabbled my arm washing the cup. My hesitation grew to fear. He leaned in close and told me to “never wash it again,” staring back down at my cup and back to me. I looked at him, puzzled with fascination and disbelief. Although I drink my coffee black, my mind struggled to find reason in the practice.

- See more at: http://www.navyhistory.org/2013/11/dont ... hs3bm.dpuf
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

we had a guy go part time so in his honor we cleaned the left half of his coffee mug.....He was not amused.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The First Mate accuses me of drinking too much coffee. So I cut back. I'm down to 10 cups a day. Unless I want more.

And my cup? I give it a rinse about once a month. Whether it needs it or not.

I didn't used to like coffee until the Navy got me addicted by providing an unlimited supply aboard ship. Two fifty gallon steam driven coffee pots. The bottom of the pot was very bitter. These days I make my coffee in a thermos, which keeps it hot without the bitterness.

With a decent brand of Colombian my recipe is: 1 7/8 coffee spoons of coffee. Add boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Turn (or shake) until the grounds settle. Top off with boiling water. Pour a cup.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I just started drinking coffee this year. I still don't much care for the taste, but the effects are certainly helpful.
I guess i'm Pro-Caffeine.

http://youtu.be/vVGXcjM9SOQ
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —