Anything happening over at the google polywell group ?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Keegan

Anything happening over at the google polywell group ?

Post by Keegan »

i just visited the site to see if there was anything fresh, and its been completely clamped down to members only. The site says they only have 14 members ? is anyone here a member there ? is anything happening over there at all ? just curious, cheers.
Purity is Power

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

I am a member but I haven´t logged on since a long time. I think that site is having very few traffic. It was another trial to interchange ideas about Polywell. Nothing strange is with it. The intention of that group was including just technical info about Polywell , and therefore the administrator established that only people with a technical degree may get a membership. It is not an open-site as this one where everyone can post and make comments about any subject.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Keegan,

I think I am a member there. I have also given permission to the owner to repost any of my bits from IEC Fusion Technology blog.

There was a point during the great inflation where all kinds of private, public, semi-public and semi-private private channels were being set up. Most of those efforts (I have a couple extra blogs to show for it) didn't work out.

So far as I can see it has come down to these:

Announcements:

NASA Space Flight
IEC Fusion Yahoo Group

Discussion:

NASA Space Flight
Talk.Polywell

Reference:

IEC Fusion Tech blog - esp. the sidebar

With some overlap between the functions.

Simon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

jlumartinez wrote:I am a member but I haven´t logged on since a long time. I think that site is having very few traffic. It was another trial to interchange ideas about Polywell. Nothing strange is with it. The intention of that group was including just technical info about Polywell , and therefore the administrator established that only people with a technical degree may get a membership. It is not an open-site as this one where everyone can post and make comments about any subject.
I think what all that proved is that the open model is best for advancing the science and technology.

For private messages - e-mail communications seems to work out well.

BTW if degrees were the qualification I was not qualified to be a member. Which shows on the face of it the narrowness of the qualification criteria.

It may be that a plumber with field experience has available an idea that will serve us well. The more minds applied in the early stages the better the final results.

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

I suspected that was the case
MSimon wrote: There was a point during the great inflation
im guessing we aint seen nothing yet :)
Purity is Power