Idiots Guide To Why Public Spending Doesn't Create Growth

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

AcesHigh wrote:this is a forum of engineers, I guess some here think engineers know more about economy than economists, more about biology than biologists, more about law than lawyers, and so on :lol:
Since Liberal economists can't add two numbers together without running a deficit and since Liberal Biologists can't discern whether or not a fetus is alive and human, and since Liberal Lawyers can't find the second amendment or a legitimate birth certificate, I would have to say that retarded monkeys are probably superior at these skills than are they, and so for engineers this stuff is no sweat whatsoever! :) So yeah, engineers know more about Economics, Biology and Law than ANY Liberal so called expert.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

AcesHigh wrote:this is a forum of engineers, I guess some here think engineers know more about economy than economists, more about biology than biologists, more about law than lawyers, and so on :lol:
Welcome to my world. On any given day, while I would like to be designing my heart out, I have to deal with the implications of laws(ROHS, FDA and such), deal with economic and transport issues in foreign countries( you should see the things I have to design instruments to deal with and what I have to do sometimes), design for exotic chemicals and possible biohazards and oh yes, play with nuclear physics. That's on a slow day. On a busy day, I have to project plan, check on the shop, assemble the machine myself and play psychologist to my crazy boss, the senior scientist. I would love to have it as easy as Paul Krugman, who just says spend, spend and get that cushy job at the NYTimes. Instead I deal with the real world.':twisted:'':?'

Cyberax

Post by Cyberax »

Jccarlton wrote:I think that this is appropriate:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/11/ ... ans_1.html
Heh. Now conservatives can't distinguish between monetarist policy which used to be loved by conservatives and Keynesianism.

Real Keynesian policies were NOT tried in this crisis. While severe austerity was tried in Estonia and Latvia. With zero results.

And Keynesian analysis correctly predicted low inflation with high unemployment.

While conservative 'thinkers' incorrectly predicted almost everything:
1) Hyperinflation
2) Rising interest rates
3) Bond crisis

And arguments about Krugman advising to euthanize old people. Well, let's say that's a bit insane.

Want to bet? Ireland's new austerity measures won't work at all, while Iceland non-orthodox policies will. I'm willing to bet $1000 on it.

PS: ok, ok. Backing out of this ignoramus' forum again.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Nope. Engineers often think they know something about the economy that economists have missed, and something about biology that biologists have missed..&c...

Engineers are those creatures who spot things that have been missed. Those that exploit knowledge already [presumed] learned are either called 'priests' or 'entrepreneurs' (sometimes both?). Those that go looking for knowledge not yet known [on the assumption that there is something missing in what we know] are called 'scientists'. Those that try to optimise a situation by making calculated assumptions and, by trial and error, then seeing if they work out... those are the engineers.

Engineers think they can solve problems no-one has solved before. That is what it means, to be ingenious. This isn't a trait of being big-headed, it is merely the trait that is required to make human progress.

If it wasn't for people who thought some nugget of an idea was being missed by those who set themselves up as knowing more than anyone else, then we'd still think living up trees was a cool idea!

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Cyberax wrote:
Jccarlton wrote:I think that this is appropriate:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/11/ ... ans_1.html
Heh. Now conservatives can't distinguish between monetarist policy which used to be loved by conservatives and Keynesianism.

Real Keynesian policies were NOT tried in this crisis. While severe austerity was tried in Estonia and Latvia. With zero results.

And Keynesian analysis correctly predicted low inflation with high unemployment.

While conservative 'thinkers' incorrectly predicted almost everything:
1) Hyperinflation
2) Rising interest rates
3) Bond crisis

And arguments about Krugman advising to euthanize old people. Well, let's say that's a bit insane.

Want to bet? Ireland's new austerity measures won't work at all, while Iceland non-orthodox policies will. I'm willing to bet $1000 on it.

Then why did he say that's what we need to do. He didn't mince words, he said death panels.:
Krugman," No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... z16PnLXQEn

You're kidding, right. Got any references to back up your little joke. Jokes like the Weimar Republic and Zimbawe aren't really funny if you live through them.
If you are so bright and we so ignorant then why don't shine some of that that brightness upon us instead of demonstrating that you are nothing but a troll.
Last edited by Jccarlton on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Milton Friedman and the free lunch myth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqoCHR1 ... r_embedded

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Cyberax wrote:

Good. That will reduce the quantity of ignorami. :)