Argueing with Stop Signs

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JD

Argueing with Stop Signs

Post by JD »

TallDave

My compliments to you for your attempts to reason with the infamous Paul Dietz. It's a lost cause though. There's several like him floating through the tech centric blogs and it's nearly impossible to get them to listen rather than talk. It's really sad in a way, they're normally fairly bright but once they take a position they won't shut up until they finally become seriously embarrassed (example, Engineer Poet's foray into geopolitical discourse some months ago at Winds of Change, if memory serves me).

I did not post any comments at the Transterrestrial Musings thread for three reason...

1. Not my area of expertise. I'm a retired grunt with failing memory.
2. Argueing with a self centered and self anointed expert is a waste of calories.
3. I was to incensed at the lack of decorum displayed by Dietz's childish behavior in a thread which was plainly intended for eulogizing Doc. Bussard. I did not trust my reactions and didn't want to further degrade the thread.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I've had numerous run ins with Engineer Poet at WoC and elsewhere.

I don't know why he self styles himself as an engineer. He is immune to reason.

Real engineers tend to be some of the most reason oriented people on the planet.

JD,

If you recall the thread that got your blood up on WoC I'd love a laugh. Ever since Joe stopped posting regularly I visit infrequently. A.L. is a nice guy and pretty good on the war but his failure to grasp economics grates me.

Simon