Hi, everyone

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zixinus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi, everyone

Postby Zixinus » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 am

Hello, I've been following Polywell developments for quite some time. I've even joined the Yahoo groups (you may know me as "greenhillsofearth"), and fusor.net. Trough Polywell I have found motivation to broaden my knowledge of physics and science in general.

I hope we see a bright future.

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Hi!

Postby JoeStrout » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for joining the discussion! I too have learned more physics in the last six months than in the previous six years. :) In my case at least, this was because I was initially skeptical about Dr. Bussard's results, and so I dug up all the published papers I could find and studied them. The result was that I know a lot more plasma physics than I did before, and I think Dr. Bussard may well be on to something that's very very important!
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

Solo

Postby Solo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm a freshman college student, math/physics double major (with a healthy interest in chemistry and engineering too), and I saw the fusor stuff several years ago and was excited, but I realized it wasn't going anywhere. So when I came across the Polywell discussion on nasaspaceflight.com forum (I'm into space-flight as well!) it really got my interest. So that's why I'm here.

My family has always been big on conserving energy and being good stewards of the earth in general, so clean fusion power is very appealing to me. I also did a research paper in highschool on the coming oil crisis!

Anyway, this is making me impatient with my schooling: I want to hurry up and learn some plasma physics!

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Solo's schooling

Postby JoeStrout » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:27 pm

Joe Strout

Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

Solo

Postby Solo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:32 pm

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

Would you be interested in reproducing some small-scale experiments regarding Polywell?

Solo

Postby Solo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:40 pm

I'm rather strapped for cash, being a college student and all! I'd certainly be interested, but I'm not sure how much I could contribute. My feeling right now is that what we need is a large, well-built machine, and I doubt I could do anything to help with that. But perhaps some systems components could be tested on a shoestring buget. Hmm, this subject probably deserves a new thread!

Winston Blake

Postby Winston Blake » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:08 pm

tonybarry

Postby tonybarry » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:12 am

Tony Barry; from Sydney, Australia. Engineering. Mainly interfacing machines to computers (microcontrollers, embedded, etc). Currently working in medical research. Heard about Bussard polywells from a doctor who wanted to know if it was a scam ... I did some reading, and then some more reading. Seems like it's the real deal. Good to find other people interested. I'll keep an eye on the list.
Regards,
TB

Schneibster

Postby Schneibster » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:53 am

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 am

Schneibster

Postby Schneibster » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:48 am

elkaim

Up here in Santa Cruz

Postby elkaim » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:38 pm

tonybarry

Postby tonybarry » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:55 pm

Return to “General”