We are Doomed! DOOOOOMMED I say!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

randomencounter

Post by randomencounter »

DeltaV wrote:What's with all these references to tin foil hats?

Plain old aluminum foil works just fine.
Nope, it has to be real tin because aluminum is transparent in the frequency of the mind control rays.

What? You didn't get the memo?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

He did get the memo. But unfortunately was wearing an aluminium hat while reading it, and mind control rays kicked in, erased the memory and had him dispose of the memo.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:Even more fun, I was reading Antony C. Suttons hour by hour account of the passage of the federal reserve act, that it was both unconstitutional and passed in a manner that was unlawful, maybe somebody should poke it with a stick to find out.

I am familiar with the various criticisms of the Federal Reserve act. While they may be factually correct, it is currently a defacto law, and for better or worse we must deal with the reality of it. There is similar criticism regarding the 16th amendment. (and the 14th amendment) Whatever. People who think they can nullify these pieces of legislation on the basis of legal technicalities (they didn't acquire approval by the correct number of states) are fooling themselves.

Rightfully or wrongly, the legislation has become accepted by the legal system and will not be uprooted short of a massive and overt effort at repeal.

I have long thought that not many amendments to the U.S. Constitution since the original 10, were improvements.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

palladin9479 wrote:
Even more fun, I was reading Antony C. Suttons hour by hour account of the passage of the federal reserve act, that it was both unconstitutional and passed in a manner that was unlawful, maybe somebody should poke it with a stick to find out.
Which is a bunch of tin foil hat nonsense.

No it is not. It's just irrelevant to the reality we currently face. Legal technicalities are not going to overturn this or any other established act.

palladin9479 wrote: Next think you'll be telling me our current President isn't a naturally born US citizen, or that there was another shooter on the grassy knoll.
Do you even know what is a "natural citizen"? What makes a citizen a "natural citizen"? Where did the term originate and how?

I suspect you espouse a common ignorance on the subject. I also suspect you have no interest in learning anything which contradicts your current opinion. Just for kicks and grins, I'll point out to you a letter, sent by James Madison to two Virginia Newspapers regarding the case of James McClure; A man who was born in America, subsequently arrested in France as a British Citizen, but who claimed to be an American Citizen.

According to Madison he was not. This occurred in 1811.

Here's a link to the entire page if you want to read ALL of Madison's opinion on the subject.

http://naturalborncitizen.files.wordpre ... 1-1811.pdf
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Not citizenship again...

We killed that horse a while ago.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

choff

Post by choff »

Actually I saw a video that busted every myth about the rifle used by Oswald, read a book that said one of the shots accidently came from a secret service AR15.
That said, you might want to google the Oswald-Bush connection, it's never six degree's of separation out there, it's usually only one or two.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:Not citizenship again...

I would argue we chose to ignore obvious contradictions to our preconceived notions, except of course for the "We" part. :)

Because I respect your opinion on other issues, I chose not to argue with you about it.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:Actually I saw a video that busted every myth about the rifle used by Oswald, read a book that said one of the shots accidently came from a secret service AR15.
That said, you might want to google the Oswald-Bush connection, it's never six degree's of separation out there, it's usually only one or two.

The ole "It's a massive CONSPIRACY !!!!" mockery again. Yes, such a very reasoned argument. I bow to your superior facts and logic.
— Lord Melbourne —

randomencounter

Post by randomencounter »

Diogenes wrote:

I would argue we chose to ignore obvious contradictions to our preconceived notions, except of course for the "We" part. :)

Because I respect your opinion on other issues, I chose not to argue with you about it.
Even assuming the worst case and that for some mysterious reason documents were forged in Hawaii, he is a citizen with sufficient qualification.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 2ca60aRCRD

If that were not the case, there were plenty of opportunities for his opponents to challenge his status.

Maybe none of them wanted to be President badly enough?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

randomencounter wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

Even assuming the worst case and that for some mysterious reason documents were forged in Hawaii, he is a citizen with sufficient qualification.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 2ca60aRCRD

I looked at the creation date for that document. It wasn't prior to 1787, so it doesn't control the meaning of that term "natural born citizen." You need to find a contemporaneous document that says what you want, preferably prior to the Constitutional convention.

You may not be aware of this fact, but No subsequent law, can change the meaning of a constitutional term. Only a CONSTITUTIONAL Amendment may do that, and to my knowledge we've never had one amending Article II.

randomencounter wrote: If that were not the case, there were plenty of opportunities for his opponents to challenge his status.

Maybe none of them wanted to be President badly enough?

I doubt you really want to ponder this question, but on the off chance that you do, i'll provide what I consider to be a reasoned, and highly probable explanation as to why John McCain did not make this challenge.

He was born in Panama.

Bringing up the issue would hurt him far worse than it would have hurt Obama. It is an unfortunate fact that the American Public is so ignorant regarding the meaning of the term "natural citizen" that they would sooner believe the Accidental son of a Temporary foreign exchange student, who may or may not have been born *IN* Hawaii, has more claim on "natural citizen" status than does the child of An American Admiral and his American Wife, serving their Nation in the United States Navy, but unfortunately, that is exactly the case.

If McCain brought a challenge, the first thing that would happen would be Barry shooting back "But you were born in a foreign country!" The vast bulk of the public would side with the Kenyan, and that would be that.

It is unfortunate that Most Americans (including myself) were unaware that McCain was *NOT* born in the United States. Virtually any other candidate could have pointed out the Obvious; That Barry hadn't proven he was actually born in Hawaii, and that in any case, Citizenship follows the Father, and always has throughout all of American History. (And World History as well)

Ex Parte Reynolds 1879.

— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ove ... 49589.html
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Diogenes wrote:Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare
YOUCH!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare
YOUCH!

This eventuality was as predictable as the sunrise. I am constantly shocked that other people are shocked regarding the eventual and predictable outcome of Democrat policies and ideas.
— Lord Melbourne —

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Highly damped 2nd-order response, for now.

Wait until the nonlinearities kick in at the next system-input impulse or step.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

PETER SCHIFF: We Are Sailing Right Into The Perfect Storm

The perfect storm is the real fiscal cliff that we’re going to go over. The real fiscal cliff is when we can’t borrow any more money because our creditors wake up to the fact that we’re no good for the debt and interest rates start to rise.

They (interest rates) rise sharply and then we have to choose between default and collapse, or runaway inflation. That’s really the perfect storm and unfortunately we are sailing right in to it.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/peter-sc ... z235LKGhsR
— Lord Melbourne —