Yes, The Money Has Run Out

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Post by choff »

Good sites, my favorites are WFMU.org's Dave Emory archives, MadcowProd.com's Daniel Hospicker, and John J. Loftus. Do a search on the Venice Beach airport where Mohammed Atta learned to fly and you open up a can of worms, same with Mena, Arkansas.

It's amazing how with all the money the narco terrorists have accumulated that the banks are in such trouble. A financial meltdown would render all the currencies worthless overnight, leave the world with a stone age barter economy. Ironically, all the money made on the drug trade would become worthless with it.

With a financial meltdown you can count the winners on one hand, the rest of the world will lose, that's why I want fiscal oversight, short term greed produces longterm disaster.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

choff wrote:Good sites, my favorites are WFMU.org's Dave Emory archives, MadcowProd.com's Daniel Hospicker, and John J. Loftus. Do a search on the Venice Beach airport where Mohammed Atta learned to fly and you open up a can of worms, same with Mena, Arkansas.

It's amazing how with all the money the narco terrorists have accumulated that the banks are in such trouble. A financial meltdown would render all the currencies worthless overnight, leave the world with a stone age barter economy. Ironically, all the money made on the drug trade would become worthless with it.

With a financial meltdown you can count the winners on one hand, the rest of the world will lose, that's why I want fiscal oversight, short term greed produces longterm disaster.
It is greed + government that produces disaster. Otherwise the greedy have to provide you with something for your money. The government can just put a gun to your head.

The answer is not more oversight (by government - which produced the disaster - that will work). The answer is smaller government.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

The paradox for the Banksters and Narcoterrorists is that they have controlling interest in the system, so if they follow their natural impulse to cheat and beat the system, they do it to themselves. They run to the government for a huge bailout and no fiscal oversight, when lack of fiscal oversight is what created the problem.

If the global financial system collapses, then the world government and global currency that everybody dreads could arise from the chaos. The Byzantines liked having a dictatorship and associated the old Roman republican system with the chaos and collapse in the west.

I think a few common international rules for banking is preferable, if there is a recovery.

On the issue of greed, If I provide a group of company investors with a plan for immense profit in 3 months, but possible collapse in 5 years, and you provide a plan for moderate growth over 5 years with stability, guess who wins. That, in a nutshell, is what`s wrong with the global economy.
CHoff

choff

Post by choff »

I should add that it was the banks with the largest offshore presence that got into trouble the most, the banks with the smallest offshore presence had the least difficulty.
CHoff

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

choff

Post by choff »

Tax revenue can never rise above a given percentage of GNP because the economy will start to dry up. In Greece the sales taxes are around 24% or something hideous. The only way out of the hole is major growth in GNP, very hard to do.
CHoff